Superman Returns Superman Returns Predictions

pt_photo_inc

Civilian
Reaction score
Okay there is several theads discussing "Will this movie make 400 mil? Is singer going to be able to do this? Is he taking too many artistic liberties? Well i guess this is where you can put your thoughts on all of this. Make your predictions in here then there is something we can come back and look at after the box office opening week. I guess kind of a section for saying "HAHAHA TOLD YOU SO!"

Please limit your responses in here to predictions more then the "tearing apart of others predictions"! With all that said...

Being a HUGE singer fan and not as much of a SUPERMAN RETURNS FAN i have an interesting perspective on this.

1. SUPERMAN will make RECORD BREAKING numbers opening week. Putting it in the TOP 5 of opening grossing films!

2. It will continue to see good numbers with no less then a 34% drop in sales for the second week running.

3. It will be nominated for an award on some level... whether visual, or musical score!

4. SINGER WILL BE PRAISED! and the peasents will rejoice! and SpiderMan 3 TRAILER IS GOING TO RULE!

I will say next:

I think SR will not get so huge opening numbers like X3, but it will make enough money.

June 27th - $12m
June 28th - $33m
June 29th - $19m
June 30th - $28m
July 1st - $24m
July 2nd - $20m
I think it will make something like this. So we can say after first 6 days, it will make $125-145m, what is enough huge.
July 4th will give it about $15-16m. And by arriving of POTC2, it will have make $160-180m, what is high number to have a legs and continue making big money. SR will more hurt POTC2 than it will hurt SR.

And as I think it will end withb SR beating POTC2 domesticly, but POTC2 will make more than it in overseas.

My predictions:
Superman Returns
Domestic: $335m
Foreign: $388m
Worldwide: $723m

Pirates of Caribbean 2
Domestic: $289m
Freign: $426m
Worldwide: $715m

Thats all I can say.

But we should just stay and wait...

are_you_psychic.gif

There is no doubt SR will be a huge hit! Here's my prediction:

Wed - 30.5 mil

Thurs - 17.5 mil

Fri - 24.5 mil

Sat - 29.5 mil

Sun - 25.5 mil

Mon - 18.5 mil

2nd Weekend - 45.5 mil
3rd " - 27 mil
4th " - 17.1 mil
5th " - 10.6 mil
6th " - 7 mil
7th " - 4.9 mil
8th " - 3.5 mil
9th " - 2.7 mil
10th " - 2.1 mil

DOM: 340 mil

Overseas: 400 mil

Worldwide: 740 mil

I've come up with these numbers based on the assumption that SR will open in about 3500 theatres. Now if it opens in over 4000 theatres I will have to revise my predcition. Say it does open in over 4000 with a PTA of 27500. SR could end up with 360-380 mil DOM.

As far as Zack Zparrow goes my predcition is:

OW: 85 mil
DOM: 290 mil
TOTAL: 740

This is the highest it'll get IMO!

Whatever the case SR is going to be a success. It will be the #1 movie of 2006!!!:supes:

i say.....

1. Yes it will

2. Opening night: 60+ Million
Thurs - 50+ Million
Friday - 50+ Million
Sat - 40+ million

in 4 days i bet we see over 200 million on this movie wether is good or bad remember in the next 2 weeks there goona push this movie like CHRIST coming back to earth.....

3. i see visual effect and the score both winning maybe ive a supporting role MAYBE!!!!!

4. All the trolls will get down on there knees after they cry for how damn good it was and everyone will be happy

Lightning54SC said:
i say.....

1. Yes it will

Thurs - 50+ Million
Friday - 50+ Million
Sat - 40+ million

in 4 days i bet we see over 200 million on this movie wether is good or bad remember in the next 2 weeks there goona push this movie like CHRIST coming back to earth.....

3. i see visual effect and the score both winning maybe ive a supporting role MAYBE!!!!!

4. All the trolls will get down on there knees after they cry for how damn good it was and everyone will be happy

I hope you are kidding.

Lightning54SC said:
i say.....

1. Yes it will

Thurs - 50+ Million
Friday - 50+ Million
Sat - 40+ million

LOL! That's the spirit! But your numbers are just a tad high;) . 60+ mil opneing night??? LOL! If the studio includes that with Thursdays number we're looking at a 110 mil. OD! I love your enthusiasm though.:supes:

Hey people, I think it will make only $4m opening day :D

spideymusprime said:
LOL! That's the spirit! But your numbers are just a tad high;) . 60+ mil opneing night??? LOL! If the studio includes that with Thursdays number we're looking at a 110 mil. OD! I love your enthusiasm though.:supes:

reason i think thatis cuz summer has started and the kids are outta school and have nothing better to do but beg money and daddy to take themt o a movie escp those 13 yrs olf that think there HOT POO cuz they can get in to a movie hahahahaha

Cinemaman said:
Hey people, I think it will make only $4m opening day :D

I'm disappointed in you cinnamon. I thought you were one of the biggest supporters. I sense much fear in you boy. Once you starting walking on the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. :p

spideymusprime said:
I'm disappointed in you cinnamon. I thought you were one of the biggest supporters. I sense much fear in you boy. Once you starting walking on the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. :p

If Cinnamon said $7m,it will be $7m.

Ok, I am kidding. But I will also admit that I am a little drunk.

Lightning54SC said:
reason i think thatis cuz summer has started and the kids are outta school and have nothing better to do but beg money and daddy to take themt o a movie escp those 13 yrs olf that think there HOT POO cuz they can get in to a movie hahahahaha

Yeah the kids are gonna pack the theatres on opening night resulting in a 60+ mil plus opening night record! LOL!:p :)

Cinemaman said:
If Cinnamon said $7m,it will be $7m.

Ok, I am kidding. But I will also admit that I am a little drunk.

HAHAHAHA... that is damn funny!

Day 1: 23.9 million
Day 2: 15.75 million – 34%
Day 3: 25.0 million +57% % due to some thinking it opens on the 30th
Day 4: 26.5 million +11% word Day 1: 23.9 million of mouth and kid
Day 5: 24.9 million -6%
Day 6: 21.9 million -12%
Day 7: 14.4 million - 34%

opening weekend: 76.9 million
opening 5 day: 116.05 million
july 4th weekend:113.2 million
7 day total:152.35 million

domestic total:300 million

worldwide total: 650 millon.

Tuesday through monday total - 112

Domestic - 280
WW - 520

A few other predictions:

Routh and Bosworth (Routh to a larger extent as this movie soars or sinks on him) will be critically panned.

Roeper and Ebert will split on it (Roeper thumbs up, Ebert thumbs down)

A huge drop will occur following opening weekend. Between Pirates, and the fact that with as many people who see it opening week, it will be impossible for it not to drop.

I think this movie will make about $31 million on wed.,about $17 million on thurs.,$33 million on fri.,$21 million on sat.,and $16 million on sun.I am thinking it will make about $118 million in its first six days.It will end up making about $370-390 million in the U.S. and about $300-320 million overseas for a worldwide total of about $670-710 million.I am thinking quality wise it will get great reviews and be great.Either it will be a big hit and make back its budget.

opening weekend-76.9million
2nd weekend-34.5 million

you guys this movie wont be topping 30milion on wednesday, hopefully it can top 25 million.

omg. i totally forgot about the Spiderman 3 trailer being hooked with SR. That alone should help draw ppl in to watch SR. "OMG I SAW THE SPIDERMAN 3 TRAILER!!!" While POTC has no Spidey!!! woot!

Here's what I'm thinking:

June 28th.......$26 million + $4 million from 10PM showings on the 27th = $30 million
June 29th.......$12.74 million -51%
June 30th.......$19.74 million +55%
July 1st..........$22.90 million +16%
July 2nd.........$20 million -10%
July 3rd..........$16 million -20%
July 4th..........$9.92 million -38%

First week: $131.3 million
Total Domestic Take: $250 million
Total International Take: $375 million

Worldwide total: $625 million

they will be counted to wednesdays gross.

if you guys want to make predictions i suggest you go to leesmovieinfo.com

i have a 3 day weekend prediction for Friday $55.20, Saturday $44.80, Sunday $37M a total Weekend of $134M.

Records I think will be broken (according to BO MOJO)

Best Opening Weekend (Current No. 1 is Spider-Man; $114M)
Fastest film to make $100M (2 days)
Best Opening Weekend for June
Best Second and Third Weekends with $77M/$50M (Current -- Shrek 2 $72M, Spider-Man $45M)
Best Opening/Single Day (Current is SW ROTS w/ $50M)
Best Friday
Best Saturday
Best Sunday
Best 9/10 day gross
Opening Week (It will top Spider-Man 2 of $192M... SR=$201M)
Fastest movie to $100M, $200M
=========================

A 20-year hiatus will help launch this movie... The death of Chris & Dana Reeve will help this movie... the fact that a NEW GUY is playing Superman will help this movie, the cast, special FX, direction... hype/controversy... Can Routh surpass Reeve??? EVERYONE will want to find out by seeing the movie. The film is advertised EVERYWHERE in my town with SR ads/Superman logos are everywhere in stores I mean in every *****ing nook and cranny!!!!

1st five days-$125 milTotal Domestic-$280 milTotal World Wide-$600 mil GIVE OR TAKE!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"