Superman Secret Origin Questions

Bad Superman

World's Grimmest Hero
Reaction score
I've been a bit disconnected from the comics world. Is the new Secret Origin a miniseries? Or will it reboot the whole Superman comics series?

TIA

Miniseries retelling his origin as apparently people don't know it yet.

Yeah, like, it's really not that secret at this point.

I'll be getting it for the awesome Gary Frank art and the fact that it's Geoff Johns writing it. :o

I always thought putting everything on Jor-el's shoulder was kind of cheap and didn't make much sense.
Superman's origin should be on a grander scale

The kryptonians should be a very old race on the verge of genetic extinction who came up as a last resort of creating new kryptonian being to continue their legacy and heritage so they forged "Superman" and dozen of other beings with matters taken directly from the core of their sun

(since after all we are made of matters from extinguish stars, no need for a science lesson now!)

anyways ...the kyptonian went to war with another race whom expected them to give all their heritage after their all gone
according to a galactic treaty of some kind .
So the war destroyed krypton but not before the last kryptonians manage to lunch their greatest achievement into space

one of them crash on earth and the stellar embryo took shape of the most evolved and dominant spices within a kilometer ,
(so you see if the kent wasn't around baby superman could have become a big cockroach instead and later on could have team up with Spiderman lol )

so so superman grew up on earth and unfortunately the others took other shape according to their environments on different planets such as doomsday by examples

and the grudgingly alien race who waged war on the last kryptonians for their advance technologies are now set to search out and destroyed those new kryptonians and get their heritage whom they believed should be rightfully theirs.

I posted something similar a few years ago on another thread
this is how it should be done ,and anything less than this would not be so smart.

Last edited:
I really, really, REALLY don't like that idea. Frankly the stuff concerning Krypton right now is perfect.

I really, really, REALLY don't like that idea. Frankly the stuff concerning Krypton right now is perfect.

That's bull****

and here some more good stuff because I’d like superman to deserve his great powers and we can start by
Making him
Confined in a wheelchair since he was a little boy.
Spurned by his classmate for being a weakling clack Kent grew up like an emaciated scarecrow with a gaunt face
Not a pretty sight to see, because he could never
Digest any human food

His adopted parents could never really know what’s was wrong
Except that he wasn’t from around here.
That’s why Jonathan Kent an amateur scientist and a farmer never gave up on him
He kept Clark Kent as a family secret knowing that one day he’d finally get the respect that he deserved from certain scientists who made an outcast and a mockery of him

Around thirteen years old Clark discovered that he could fell better by making strenuous exercise
But his adopted parents was afraid to let him
Because, how can somebody who couldn’t digest any food can possibly spent this much energy without exhausting themselves to death
Especially when his mother Martha, (a retired nurse)
Has spent years trying to feed him through intravenous pipes.

In fact Clark had to work hard to gain his powers
The more he works out the more he activate an enzyme within is kryptonian body that make him absorb energy directly from the Sun

Clark Kent works out in every way possible on the farm day and night
Helping with entire work that couldn’t possibly be achieved by one hundred men
No longer a burden he was determined to give all he can give
He change so much in a year that his classmate couldn’t believe it was him
And within the next four years Clark’s body absorb so much energy that it was beyond expectation and so on an so forth until he became the
Superman.

The world is collectively rolling it's eyes.

I think Diamondhead's trying to make all of that sound crappy. I mean, he's got to be, right?

Honestly why can't Superman just be the last surviving member of an alien race and led a semi normal life til he discovered girls and soon decided to become a hero. Honestly Superman's past isn't secret its just very confused. Marvel's Sentry makes more sense.

That's why I fully intend to ignore Secret Origin. I'm sure Johns will tie it into whatever he's doing, but I'm not reading any Superman comics anyway, so I don't care. When all's said and done, Superman will still have the broad strokes we all know to his origin and Johns' contributions will inevitably be forgotten or overwritten by the next hot writer to come along.

Hasn't Superman has had involvement with the LOSH and even Lex Luthor in his early years dating back to the silver age?

I mean, isn'r a totally non-interesting (for lack of a better term) childhood for Superman a kind of rare occurance in comics?

Wikipedia doesn't have anything about Luthor and Superman growing up together before Smallville and Birthright, but it's entirely possible that it's wrong.

honestly, if Bryne didnt reintroduce superman the way he did, this wouldnt be happening, and if superman werent being quietly rebooted so much, this wouldnt be happening either. Notice how they wont touch Diana or Bruce's origins

True. Batman's origin never really changed since it's so compelling, and Perez did such a great job revamping Wonder Woman's origin that people have just stuck with it. They get some pre-Crisis elements restored here and there, but for the most part they're still the same as they've been since the line-wide continuity reboot of CoIE.

Byrne made a lot of odd choices with Man of Steel. I get the extreme depowering; it was a reactionary change because of the many years of wildly inconsistent power levels Superman had in the past. But I never really understood why he felt it was necessary to get rid of the Legion and the Superboy stuff. Those are the bits I'm happy Johns has reintroduced, since you could pretty much feel the yawning void in the Legion where Superboy used to be throughout every post-Crisis incarnation.

I loved MOS, but yes, Clark (in some capacity, at least--maybe they wouldn't have to specifically call him Superboy) should have done some Legion stuff as his powers developed in the later half of his teen years, and it wouldn't have really changed anything that Byrne set out to establish in the new Superman mythos. In MOS it seemed like Clark's abilities developed when he was 18 or so, but giving him powers when he was around 15 or 16 wouldn't have really hurt Byrne's concept of the powers taking time to develop under a yellow sun. Clark could've had a few adventures with the Legion before moving on to do his Superman thing, and everything else that happened in MOS and the continuity that it established would've been gravy.

Instead we got crazy Timetrapper Legion and Superboy, which was a concept that's just counter-intuitive for readers to wrap their heads around in the fresh new world that DC was pushing at the time.

Last edited:
is diamondhead really jj abrams trying to pitch his suckass superman reboot again?

honestly, if Bryne didnt reintroduce superman the way he did, this wouldnt be happening, and if superman werent being quietly rebooted so much, this wouldnt be happening either. Notice how they wont touch Diana or Bruce's origins

That's because Superman had a much more detailed life story especially in terms of his upbringing and the MOS reboot eliminated all of that, which upset a lot of people.

The very best writing of Clark's childhood was Maggin's work in his novels, imo. His writing is a perfect example of how the Pre-Crisis continuity should be handled in a mature (not blood and guts mature, but actually thoughtful) manner.

Last edited:
Honestly why can't Superman just be the last surviving member of an alien race and led a semi normal life til he discovered girls and soon decided to become a hero. Honestly Superman's past isn't secret its just very confused. Marvel's Sentry makes more sense.
That's what I wanna know.

Put me down next to Bryne's "Last survivor" thing too. Loved that series. and it's realistic take. The only thing I don't mind from the reboots is the younger, more agile Luthor, not the old fat business man, but it's not like they do anything with it. From the previews, once again, he's a whiney kid, who just happens to live in Smallville too.
I always thought he should be some ultimate human. Not only the biggest genius to ever live, but have all his stats off the charts, just to give him more reason to hate superman. Someone who would give Bruce Wayne a run for his money if it wasn't for his insane determination - so he has a reason to feel cheated by Superman's presense. But no, the Silver Age had kid Luthor loosing his hair in Smallville thanks to science-kryptonite accident, and judging from the previews, we'll have the same crap here.

John's is so awesome on other titles, how can his Superman suck so much?

And they did mess with Batman's origin: they caught Joe Chill, no they didn't, he's loooking for the murderer, now they caught him again...

F*** that. Joe Chill is a faceless, nameless killer who was never caught as far as I'm concerned. I don't care the slightest bit what the actual canon is now.

F*** that. Joe Chill is a faceless, nameless killer who was never caught as far as I'm concerned. I don't care the slightest bit what the actual canon is now.

Agreed. Fits Batman waaay better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
walkinwillie
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"