Sequels Superman: The Reboot - How Would You Do It?

Basically this is a very very raw, rough and not so elaborate idea of where I'd go with it. I can't think of a director for the life of me right now lol but this is my idea for the cast

Superman- Henry Cavill
Lois Lane - Alana De La Garza
Lex Luthor - Jon Hamm
Pa Kent - Albert Finney
Ma Kent - Ellen Burstyn
Jor-El - Ralph Fiennes
Lara Lor-Van - Jennifer Connelly
Zor-El - David Boreanaz
Allura - Naomi Watts
Kara Zor-El - Evan Rachel Wood
Dru-Zod - Daniel Day-Lewis
Ursa - Lucy Lawless
Non - Dwayne Johnson
John Corben/Metallo - Brad Pitt
Perry White - Kurt Russell
Cat Grant - Charlize Theron
Don Cheadle - Ron Troupe
Steve Lombard - Val Kilmer
Terrible Dan Turpin - Dennis Farina
Maggie Sawyer - Jodie Foster

Ok basically it'd be the first half set in krypton which will draw from pretty much all the history of krypton throughout the years. I'd have the look of the golden , silver, bronze and modern age krypton's all mixed in. In terms of attire I'd probably have some of the military wear colors similar to the ones Supes had. I'd have Zod and his high ranking officers wearing darker blue uniforms like in Johns' krypton.

The cape would be the flag of the house of El and the S shield on it will represent their insignia like in the Donner verse. I'd also borrow the wrapping Kal-El in the flag as a blanket idea. We'd witness Krypton as a good and prosperous and futuristic society we'd meet the zone villains before they're incarcerated. We'd meet Jor-El, Lara his brother Zor-El his sister in law Allura and their daughter Kara Zor-El as well as the citizens of Kandor.

I'd borrow elements from Action Comics Annual #10 in how I'd handle Jor-El and Non's relationship as scientists and friends. I'd borrow the council forbidden them to proceed investigating what's happening to their sun. Then the Braniac invasion with Braniac sending his ship and probes kidnapping Kandor and that making everybody panic. He won't be a villain in the film but that'd be his setup for the future. Then I'd have Non inspire an inssurection and influence Zod and Ursa then he'd be lobotomized. Thent he zone villains being sent to the zone and the destruction of krypton.

We move onto Smallville and deal with The Kent's and developing Clark's frienships with Lana and Pete Ross. Since they'd be teenagers I'd just go with unknowns. We'd cover As everything else that happens as well like discovering his heritage through stored data found in his ship like in TAS so he'd learn kryptonian and all that jazz, see him adjusting to the fact that he ain't human, coming up with a disguise with the Kent's, coming up with the costume etc. after all that is done and he's going off to college I'd have the Kent's die.

Metropolis will be our main point from here we'd meet the Planet staff who are the supporting characters Supes plays off of during Clark mode and in certain cases also the comic relief for the flick. We'd meet Metropolis' favorite son scientist, inventor and Lex Corp CEO Lex Luthor. We'd also meet the MSCU and deal with Turpin and Sawyer's reactions to Supes' first appearances they'd also be involved in pursuing an exposed Corben later on. I'd have John Corben/Metallo as the first villain Supes encounters in the series to establish from jump his weakness to kryptonite. Basically it'd be the silver age Corben origin but Professor Vale will be a Lex Corp employee. He'd use Corben as a guinea pig to experiment on him by making him cybernetic you could say a secret expirement by Lex Corp that could lead to Lex having a robot army one day.

He decides to test Lex Corps latest aquisition in a mysterious green rock found in rural Kansas that seems to be filled with lots of radioactive cosmic energy because it could function as a power supply for a cyborg. Metallo as Corben joins the planet staff, hits on Lois until Superman figures out that he's a criminal, big action set pieces, Luthor gets more and more involved from a distance etc. The important aspect of the villain interactions in this piece is the discovery of kryptonites toxic effect on Supes when he faces him and will be something that not only Corben takes notice off but also Luthor from the sidelines. That changes everything in their eyes and serves as a reason to use kryptonite as a crutch in the future.

Last edited:
The world should start out afraid of Superman, for obvious reasons. How would you feel if you saw some alien flying around, lifting cars over his head. It would create a good storyline and some welcome change for the movie. And it sets up Lois Lane as the only person who believes in Superman from the beginning, and urges others to give him a chance. At the end of the movie, after Superman defeats Braniac and saves Earth, he is accepted. The last scene could even be Superman's first press conference for the world.

Exactly, I agree. Like Batman is considered a vigilante , Supes should be looked at as this alien who scares us, finally realizing we are not alone in the universe. Then he gradually gains out trust.

Last edited:
There is ONE thing I have never seen anyone mention or even want to know about Supes. Why he does it. We all know he is Superman & he chooses to because he wants to use his gift for the greater good. It was never really touched on more then a thought or two. What goes on in his head.....his heart. Why an alien in our world cares so much for people he is disconnected with & has no ties to. If a writer can come up with a big time reason & show it in a film,along with showing how 'super' he can be....I think that is a starting point.

I like Singer but If that s true that the Wachowski brothers may do the new Superman trilogy than Wachowski it is! :up:

There is ONE thing I have never seen anyone mention or even want to know about Supes. Why he does it. We all know he is Superman & he chooses to because he wants to use his gift for the greater good. It was never really touched on more then a thought or two. What goes on in his head.....his heart. Why an alien in our world cares so much for people he is disconnected with & has no ties to. If a writer can come up with a big time reason & show it in a film,along with showing how 'super' he can be....I think that is a starting point.:supes:

So Jonathan and Martha Kent aren't ties to the human race?

Angeloz

So Jonathan and Martha Kent aren't ties to the human race?

Angeloz

They are & you're right. They kind of took him in & made him theirs, but I'm kinda looking at it different. I think Clark still feels he's very much an alien & different, I think he thinks this more then is showed in comics are the movies.

Superman: Man of Steel

The film begins with Lois and clark finally accepting each other and moving on with their relationship. Clark finally decides to tell Lois he is superman when lex enters the scene at the planet to buy it. Perry denies him and he runs off in anger and clark gets in his way. Lois has a story of why Lex wants the planet so she investigates. She finds out later that Lex is involved with a alien hiding in Lex labs called Braniac who is being taken care of by mercy graves. Superman arrives to confront Lex and braniac attacks him thinking that he is an enemy, Lois is injured and a man named John corbin is hurt bad. After the hospital corbin sets out to find a way to heal and lex makes him metallo, to kill superman for his accident and life as a cyborg. In an interview with perry a woman named leslie willis bashes superman for the failed attempt to save corbin and puts on a concert for people downtown to support her hatred where she is turned into livewire. Metallo uses a chunk of Kryptonite as a power source that is used to power braniac and goes after him. A huge battle takes place and metallo is destroyed but livewire arrives to kill superman herself. When Lois awakens superman tells her he is clark kent and after the main fight he asks for her hand in marraige when at the end a signal is heard and appears a killer known as darkseid to rule and enslave the planet.

Jon Hamm for Clark/Superman
6a00d834518cc969e200e55yc1.jpg

Carla Gugino for Lois Lane
carlaguginosexyrd7.jpg

Mark Strong for Lex Luthor
2817vneosnd9.jpg

Neal McDonough for Brainiac
nealmcdonoughthumbnailjj8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"