Supernatural (WB Property) The Plantation

Triligors

Sidekick
Reaction score
EXT. WOODS- NIGHT

AROOSTOOK COUNTY, MAINE

We open to a forest. Cut across to a flashlight shining through. We find DAVE MORGAN (17) leading three teenagers through the woods. MARK SINGER (17), ALAN CURTIS (16), and LISA GRANT (17).

LISA
I’m getting cold.

Mark wraps his arms around Lisa, she inches closer to him. Alan laughs.

ALAN
Get a room.

MARK
So, how far is this place anyways?

DAVE
Just a little bit further, but trust me man- it’s worth it.

ALAN
So where are we going again?

DAVE
The old Miller Plantation.

ALAN
You mean thee Miller Plantation?

DAVE
What other one could I be talking about?

MARK
How did you find it?

Dave shrugs

DAVE
Someone in school showed me. It’s not much further now.

Lisa looks towards Mark

LISA
What’s the Miller Plantation?

DAVE
You mean you don’t know? Old man Miller used to be the local reverend, until he started hearing voices. Left the church the very next day and began to isolate himself out at his old plantation with his wife and two daughters.

LISA
What happens?

DAVE
Eventually, old man Miller has enough. Decides that it’s better to die than live another day. He kills his two daughters in their beds and then his wife. Next morning the police find Old Man Miller hanging from the rafters of the barn.

Lisa looks towards Mark frightened.

MARK
It’s just an old local legend. Didn’t actually happen.

Mark shoots Dave a look. Dave shrugs. They walk out of the clearing and towards the…

EXT. MILLER PLANTATION

We see an old abandoned house. Creepy. Run Down. An old wind mill whirls above. An a decrypt barn house off to the side. The four approach the house, frightened. Dave grins and shines the flashlight on his face.

DAVE
They say that his spirit still lives in that house to this very day.
(beat)
And anyone who dares to go inside becomes his next victim.

Mark shrugs, trying to play tough guy.

MARK
It’s not real man.

DAVE
Yeah? So, you’re not afraid?

MARK
Me? No. Definitely not.

The teens crouch down hiding behind an old tractor and peer up towards the looming house.

DAVE
Prove it.

MARK
What?

DAVE
Prove it.

MARK
Fine.

DAVE
Yeah?

MARK
Yeah.

DAVE
Alright then.

Mark nods, he stands up. Lisa tries to hold him down.

LISA
No, don’t go.

Mark snickers

MARK
What’s the worst that can happen?
(beat)
I’ll be back

Mark slowly approaches the house. Timid. He looks back towards Dave, urging him on.

DAVE
He is so dead.

Mark gulps as he looks up towards the looming house hanging over him. Wind howls behind him. He breathes out and walks up the steps. Dave watches afar, nervous. Lisa closes her eyes. Alan’s eyes dart back and forth. Mark reaches for the door. It doesn’t budge.

MARK
It’s locked!

Mark tries again and it opens. Fear shows through his face as he enters the abandoned home.

INT. MILLAR HOME

Mark enters and looks around. Cobwebs hang everywhere. It’s obvious that no one has been inside for a very long time. Mark gulps as he walks further into the house, shining his flash light in front of him. We see a creepy SHADOW of a dark black cape and long bony hands with claws RUSH past the screen. SLAM! Mark drops his flashlight. THUMP! Mark jumps as he looks around, in the dark everything is scarier. He quickly turns around. The door had closed behind him. Mark reaches over for his flash light, we hear an eerie moan. He quickly stands back up and approaches the door. He puts his hand on the handle. It won’t budge.

MARK
Come on… Come on…

The dark shadow appears again. Closer than before. Mark turns around. Afraid.

EXT. MILLAR PLANTATION

The three watch on. Afraid. Not knowing what was happening inside. Then they hear it, a blood curdling scream. Mark. Dave gulps.

ALAN
He’s in there man.

Dave nods

LISA
Do something.

Dave shakes his head no, afraid. Guilt.

DAVE
I can’t.

They stare on. The door opens and Mark runs out of the house, scared as hell. Dave, Lisa, and Alan continue to watch the house. MILLAR appears at the edge of the door in his black billowing trench coat, old and withered away. Dave, Lisa, and Alan SCREAM and run off. CLOSE UP on Mark RUNNING, he trips. Dave helps him up. For the first time, we see Mark’s face. Claw marks and bruises. Fear and betrayal. Dave gulps and looks back towards the plantation.

SUPERNATURAL: THE PLANTATION

EXT. OPEN ROAD- AFTERNOON (I CAN PLAY THAT ROCK AND ROLL BY JOE WALSH)

We TRACK the Impala speeding down an open road.

SAM (O.S.)
So, I’ve been…

INT. IMPALA

Sam browses through a newspaper.

SAM
Looking through here. Nothing comes up. Not a thing.

Sam looks around as the Impala pulls into a small neighborhood.

SAM
I’m telling you man. Place is as clean as a whistle.

DEAN
Yeah, well… there’s gotta be some reason Dad sent us out here.

Sam shrugs

SAM
Maybe it’s gone?

Dean shakes his head no. He glances up ahead and notices a PRIEST blessing a house.

DEAN
Check it.

Sam looks up and notices.

DEAN
Now what would a priest be doing blessing a house when there’s nothing supernatural going on?

SAM
Maybe the family just moved in. It’s not unheard of to call the local pastor to come and bless a house… for good luck.

The Impala drives closer towards the house. We see a woman standing by, crying. This is CAITLYN SINGER, 40 years old.

DEAN
Yeah, well… I don’t think so.

EXT. NEIGHBORHOOD

The Impala pulls over to the side of the road. Dean and Sam get out. The priest finishes blessing the house and embraces Caitlyn.

PRIEST
There, there… I’m sure he will be alright.

Caitlyn nods

CAITLYN
Thank you father.

The priest shakes his head ok and leaves. Dean and Sam approach her.

DEAN
Hey, I’m Dean… this is my brother Sam. We just want to know if anything happened here.

CAITLYN
Excuse me?

Dean shrugs

DEAN
Well, it’s kinda obvious that you called your priest here to come over for a reason. We just want to find out what…

CAITLYN
I think you better leave.

Sam shoots Dean a look.

CAITLYN
Just go!!!

Caitlyn walks back into the house. Dean bites his lower lip.

DEAN
That went over well.

Sam hits his brother in the shoulder.

SAM
That really did the trick Dean.

Dean looks towards Sam, off guard.

DEAN
Well, what was I supposed to do?

Sam walks back towards the Impala.

SAM
I don’t know. Try being a little less obvious about it. And probably more sincere.

Dean shrugs. He looks back towards the house. They walk back towards the Impala. DANIELLE SINGER, 19 years old, beautiful, runs out of the house.

DANIELLE
Wait!!!

Sam and Dean turn around, unaware. Danielle slows down as she approaches them.

DANIELLE
I’m sorry for my Mom’s behavior. It’s just that our family has really been through a rough time lately.

DEAN
Rough time?

DANIELLE
Yeah, my little brother. He’s in the hospital. Doctor’s say it’s pretty bad.

SAM
I’m sorry. What happened?

Danielle hesitates

DANIELLE
You wouldn’t believe me.

DEAN
No, please. Go ahead.

DANIELLE
There’s this local legend. The Miller Plantation.
(beat)
It’s this old abandoned place. Supposedly haunted. Well, legend goes that anyone who enters the house…

Danielle breaths out, unable to finish.

SAM
What happens?

DANIELLE
Anyone who enters the house encounters old man Miller. By the time they leave, it’s all the same signs.

DEAN
Which are?

DANIELLE
Bruise marks, claw marks.

SAM
You brother…

Danielle nods

DANIELLE
He and a couple of his friends went up there. You know how teenager guys are. Well, Mark entered the house. His friends said that when he came out, he was screaming as though he just saw the devil. He hasn’t uttered a word since.

Dean and Sam nod

DEAN
Where is your brother now?

DANIELLE
He’s at the local hospital, in good hands. The doctors are doing everything they can for him.

SAM
How wide spread is this?

DANIELLE
Lately, there have been more than five teenagers sent to the hospital for the same thing. Now I don’t know what’s going on- but, that’s what happened.

Dean and Sam nod

DEAN
Thank you for your time.

DANIELLE
So, who are you?

DEAN
People who can help.

Danielle nods. Dean and Sam get back into the car.

INT. IMPALA

Sam looks towards Dean, grinning and on the verge of laughter.

SAM
People who can help?

Dean shrugs

DEAN
What?

SAM
How long have you been waiting to say that?

DEAN
Honestly?

Sam shrugs and nods. Dean grins.

DEAN
The whole time.

The Impala REVVS its engines.

EXT. NEIGHBORHOOD

Danielle walks back towards her house as she watches the Impala drive off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"