The Full Moon

Tempest19

Superhero
Reaction score
DRAFT # 1

OPEN TO:
INT. FRAT HOUSE- NIGHT

College students drink beer, listen to music, and hang out…

Marty reclines on a couch with Christine laying her head on him. He smiles as he plays with her hair. They kiss.

MARTY
You really are going to make a great nurse someday.

Christine smiles as she rubs up against him.

CHRISTINE
What time is it?

Marty glances at his watch. It’s late.

MARTY
Oh man…

CHRISTINE
What?

Marty gets up and Christine looks towards him confused.

MARTY
I’m sorry; I have to go. But, see you later- okay?

Christine nods her head okay and Marty moves through the crowd towards the door of the frat house.

EXT. FRAT HOUSE- NIGHT

Marty exits the frat house, passing by balloons and hearing the music blasting from within the house. ALEX, wearing a basketball jersey and holding onto a plastic cup of beer, leans out of the house and yells after him…

ALEX
Hey, where are you going?

MARTY
Have to study. Got a test tomorrow.

ALEX
Oh man, that sucks!

MARTY
Tell me about it.

Marty waves bye.

ALEX
Later.

Alex re-enters the frat house.

Marty continues to walk away. He stops noticing rustling in the bushes. He approaches the bushes cautiously.

POV. WEREWOLF

A werewolf looks up towards Alex waiting… Then it strikes, jumping out from the bushes and tackling Marty to the ground! Marty screams in horror. Close up on his eyes closing…

FLASH CUT:
INT. MARTY’S APARTMENT- MORNING

CLOSE UP on Marty’s closed eyes as they SNAP open. He jumps out of bed and looks around breathing heavily, sweat pouring down his face. He nervously looks around and feels around his skin, he finally finds what he was looking for- bite marks… His eyes go wide- it wasn’t a dream!

LATER:

Marty sits at his desk browsing through the Internet on his laptop computer, researching werewolves. He finds many sites and articles; some of these sites state that it is a psychological illness while others claim it to be real.

Marty is pained by what he reads…

Close up on the words: “Started having nightmares that I was killing people.”

INT. CAMPUS DINER

Marty sits across from CHRISTINE in a diner… Marty has his hand resting on the table; Christine takes it and looks at him hoping that he’ll open up. Marty takes a deep breath and looks out the window. He glances back towards Christine.

MARTY
I’m in real trouble. I’m scared.

CHRISTINE
What is it?

MARTY
You wouldn’t believe if I told you.

CHRISTINE
Try me.

MARTY
I might become a werewolf tonight.

CHRISTINE
A werewolf?

MARTY
Trust me. I know how it sounds…

Marty looks around and nods his head.

MARTY
(under his breath)
There’s no way out…

Marty looks back towards Christine lovingly and depressed.

CHRISTINE
Marty, you’re scaring me.

Marty takes her hand…

MARTY
Just know, that I love you.

Marty sighs as he stands up and leaves. Christine watches him concerned.

EXT. DINER

Marty looks around seeing people all around. His stomach growls and he looks away and towards the ground. He walks off hugging his jacket close to him…

INT. GUN STORE

Marty examines the gun in his hand. The OWNER looks at him, curiously. Marty finally glances back towards the man.

MARTY
Do you have any silver bullets?

The owner goes to the side and picks up a round of silver bullets.

OWNER
(sarcastic)
You thinking about killing any werewolves?

MARTY
Might.

Marty places the money on the counter and walks away. The owner watches him leave, concerned.

EXT. NEW YORK CITY- STREETS

Marty stands besides a pay phone in the city. He calls his parents…

SARAH (O.C.)
Hello?

MARTY
Hey…

INT. MARTY’S FAMILY HOME- KITCHEN

Sarah, 17 years old, holds the phone.

SARAH
Hey.

Marty looks around, pained.

MARTY
Can you please just put Mom and Dad on the phone?

Marty leans against the pay phone, struggling to stay on the line.

INT. MARTY’S FAMILY HOME- KITCHEN

SANDRA, mid forties, answers the phone… KYLE stands beside her.

SANDRA
Marty, what is it?

KYLE
Marty?

MARTY
I just wanted to hear your and Dad’s voice again.

SANDRA (O.C.)
Are you okay?

MARTY
Yeah. I’m great… I love you Mom. Tell Dad… tell him I said thanks, for everything.

Marty struggles to hang up the phone; he looks around the city deeply disturbed.

He walks away as we stay behind watching him fade into the distance.

INT. BASKEBTBALL COURT

Marty sits alone high up on the bleachers in a darkened basketball court. Alex approaches him from the side.

ALEX
Hey…

Marty nods his head as he looks around.

ALEX
Christine told me I’d find you here. She’s worried about you.

MARTY
I’m fine.

ALEX
You sure?

Alex sits down to the right besides Marty.

ALEX
We’ve known each other since we were children man. You can tell me anything.

Marty nods his head okay.

MARTY
I’ve been having these… uncontrollable urges lately.

ALEX
What kind of urges?

Marty looks away, ashamed.

MARTY
I’ve thought about killing people. Ripping them to shreds, devouring their flesh.

Alex looks at Marty worried…

MARTY
I’m always hungry. Last night I had a dream that I murdered a woman and child.

ALEX
It was just a dream… right?

Marty nods his head.

MARTY
But, I’m afraid I’ll lose control. I’m changing…

ALEX
How?

MARTY
Forget it. I think I might just be over reacting.

ALEX
Are you sure?

Marty stands up and looks around…

MARTY
Yeah.

Marty walks away while Alex remains behind.

FADE TO:
INT. MARTY’S APARTMENT- NIGHT

Marty sits on his bed alone in his apartment with the lights off. Waiting for the inevitable… hoping that it’s all in his imagination. He looks out the window.

EXT. MARTY’S APARTMENT- NIGHT

A full moon shines in the night sky.

Marty begins to feel an incredible pain as he lurches forward.

MARTY
Please God… no… no!

Marty screams in agony as he falls against the ground.

He lifts his head and we can see fangs in his teeth as his voice becomes wolf-like.

MARTY
No!!!!!

Marty begins to gradually transform into a werewolf, very painful. Think ‘American Werewolf in London.’

Everything goes pitch black. We hear growls, screams and heavy breathing.

EXT. PARK- NIGHT

POV. WEREWOLF

The werewolf chases after a young woman, running away, screaming for her life.

FLASH CUT:
EXT. PARK- MORNING

Marty lays on the ground stretched out across the grass. Naked. He gradually comes two, as he looks around frightened. Dolly in towards him for an extreme close-up…

INT. DORM ROOM- EVENING

Marty sits on his couch leaning forward, troubled and confused. He looks towards the television set…

NEWSREPORTER (O.S.)
Three bodies were found this morning. Mutilated… reports say that it may have been an animal attack.

Marty turns off the television and lowers his head. Depressed. He leans forward and rests his head in his hands on the verge of tears. He looks to his left to see the shaded windows. He gets up and approaches them. He flips through the blinds as he looks out and quickly looks away. He begins to move around his room breaking down into tears of agony and pain… he drops back on the couch and looks up towards the ceiling trying to find answers. Any answer. Nothing. Marty takes a deep breath as he looks around his room for the final time. He has no other choice… he picks up the gun.

FLASH CUT:
INT. CAMPUS RESTAURANT

Marty sits with Christine trying to explain things to her.

FLASH CUT:
INT. DORM ROOM- EVENING

Marty raises the gun…

FLASH CUT:
INT. BASKETBALL COURT

Marty sits with Alex on the bleachers alone in the darkened basketball court.

FLASH CUT:
INT. DORM ROOM- EVENING

Marty points the gun towards his head.

FLASH CUT:
EXT. NEW YORK CITY STREETS

Marty has difficulty putting the pay phone down as he begins to cry.

FLASH CUT:
INT. DORM ROOM- EVENING

Marty closes his eyes awaiting the inevitable…

Against the wall in shadow we can see Marty aiming the gun towards his head… BANG! Blood sprays out the other side.

Marty drops the gun as his body lags against the couch, eyes closed… dead.

Slowly dolly back taking in the moment in its finality as we…

[FADE TO BLACK]

I am planning on shooting this film in HFC this semester.

- AJM.

Wow, sounds pretty good. Very disturbing to say the least. My biggest question is "Why did Marty kill himself and not go after the werewolf that bit him?"

Can't wait for the finished product!

Recently wrote up a couple of new/ alternate scenes in the second draft.

The nightmare

POV. WEREWOLF

A werewolf looks up towards Alex waiting… Then it strikes, jumping out from the bushes and tackling Marty to the ground! Marty screams in horror. Close up on his eyes closing…

INT. FRAT HOUSE- ALEX’S BEDROOM- MORNING

CLOSE UP on Marty’s closed eyes as they SNAP open. He jumps out of bed and looks around frightened. He notices Alex sitting off to the side.

ALEX
I found you passed out outside…

FLASH CUT:
EXT. FRAT HOUSE- NIGHT- FLASH BACK – DISTORTED

Marty lies on the ground with his bloody shirt ripped open and no apparent wound. Alex approaches him cautiously…

ALEX
Hey, are you okay man? Marty?

Alex quickly checks for a pulse.

FLASH CUT:
INT. FRAT HOUSE- ALEX’S BEDROOM

Marty looks at Alex taken aback. Alex leans in…

ALEX
What happened?

Marty looks around, feeling nauseous, as he shakes his head in disbelief.

MARTY
I don’t know… I don’t remember. Everything happened too fast.

CLANG! CLOSE UP on a needle hitting the ground.

Marty looks around for the source of the noise, troubled.

ALEX
Do you think you’re going to be okay?

MARTY
Yeah… yeah, don’t worry about me.

Marty stands up, wobbles across the room, grabs his bloody shirt and leaves the room. Alex watches on in disbelief.

INT. MARTY’S APARTMENT- MORNING

Marty enters his room and looks around.

POV. MARTY
The whole room is disorienting with objects blurring together.

Marty breathes heavily, sweat pouring down on his face as he falls back onto his bed.

Everything goes pitch black. Heavy breathing. Screaming.

EXT. NEW YORK CITY- STREETS- DISTORTED

POV. UNKNOWN

A woman runs through the streets holding onto her baby. Afraid. The sounds of her feet hitting the sidewalk are overbearing! The baby in her arms cries out terrified.

Suddenly a werewolf LEAPS at her.

FLASH CUT:
INT. MARTY’S APARTMENT- AFTERNOON

Marty jumps out of bed and looks around breathing heavily; sweat pouring down his face. He nervously looks around as his eyes go wide with shock and fear.

Unable to control the beast

INT. CAMPUS DINER

Marty sits across from CHRISTINE in a diner… Marty has his hand resting on the table; Christine takes it and looks at him hoping that he’ll open up. Marty takes a deep breath and looks out the window. He glances back towards Christine.

CHRISTINE
What’s wrong?

MARTY
Nothing.

CHRISTINE
You can tell me.

Marty lowers his head, beginning to sweat heavily. He looks away. Christine puts her hand on his shoulder. Marty GRABS her hands and leans in as she squirms in agony…

MARTY
(yelling)
NOTHING’S WRONG!!!!!

Marty releases his grip, ashamed and takes deep breaths, as he looks around frightened. Feeling dizzy.

CHRISTINE
(worried)
What’s going on?

MARTY
You wouldn’t believe if I told you.

CHRISTINE
Try me.

Marty shakes his head as he looks around and nods his head…

MARTY
(under his breath)
There’s no way out…

Marty looks back towards Christine depressed.

CHRISTINE
Marty, you’re scaring me.

MARTY
I’m sorry; I have to go.

Marty sighs as he stands up and leaves. Christine watches him concerned.

THE SUBWAY

INT. SUBWAY SYSTEM

Marty walks through the subway system, eyes drained and sweating heavily as he looks around seeing people- everywhere. The sound of the subway car arriving is overbearing. He closes his eyes to try to block the sound. He opens his eyes and looks around again.

POV. MARTY
Everything blurs together into one mass.

Marty shakes his head, trying to think clearly again… he sees a couple around his age.

Marty charges at the GUY, tackling him to the ground while the girlfriend backs away, terrified.

GUY
Man, what’s your problem?!

Marty bites into his shoulder and looks up, blood dripping from his fanged grin.

FLASH CUT:

Marty looks at them from afar and shakes his head no, trying to clear his head of the thoughts. He quickly gets onto the subway car as the doors close and it drives away.

INT. BASKETBALL COURT

A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FLASH BACK TO CHRISTINE

He has no other choice… he picks up the gun.

FLASH CUT:
INT. CAMPUS RESTAURANT

Marty grabs Christine's hands, she looks at him- afraid.

FLASH CUT:
INT. DORM ROOM- EVENING

Marty raises the gun…

FLASH CUT:
INT. BASKETBALL COURT

Marty sits with Alex on the bleachers alone in the darkened basketball court.

FLASH CUT:
INT. DORM ROOM- EVENING

Marty points the gun towards his head.

FLASH CUT:
EXT. NEW YORK CITY STREETS

Marty has difficulty putting the pay phone down as he begins to cry.

FLASH CUT:
INT. DORM ROOM- EVENING

Marty closes his eyes awaiting the inevitable…

Against the wall in shadow we can see Marty aiming the gun towards his head… BANG! Blood sprays out the other side.

Marty drops the gun as his body lags against the couch, eyes closed… dead.

[FADE TO BLACK]

I came up with these scenes after a fellow student suggested that I add more detail in and show him going through a tad more agony and rage. I took that suggestion and ran with it. Knowing that werewolves can have uncontrollable outbursts of anger, I situated that with the one person he cares the most about- Christine.

He no longer just wakes up in his dorm room and we see that he doesn't remember the night clearly and that he did have the dream he tells Alex about later on.

The subway system was chosen because there are a lot of people. I knew I wanted an attack, but didn't know how- that was until I thought about what was being used as an inspiration for the character and saw that it could be easily seen in the violent charge, tackle and attack. One of the accounts say that the troubled attacker chased after her like "an animal" and started attacking her car, he then continued to run after her moving vehicle. Here, that charge is still present- but it's what could have happened if he had caught her, just in a werewolf form.

The altered scene with Christine also aids in the flash back sequence, seeing his pain that she was afraid of him.

The reason he commits suicide? He has no control over his actions, thoughts, etc. He has completely become lost in a monster that he never intended to become and is pained that he has killed. He knows that he can't live with the guilt and if anyone ever found out- he would be locked away and treated as someone who is mentally ill... both of those led to his actions.

Pwnage, man. Love your scripts, they're awesome.

DELETED SCENES CONT'D

The following scene was added after it came to my attention that gun dealers don't sell silver bullets. To make it more realistic and down to earth, find some other dealer. Through that advice I discovered the scene below...

At the bottom of the page is a banner. SILVER BULLETS FOR SALE! FIND LOCATION NEAR YOU.

Marty hesitates as he looks at the screen. He gulps as he moves the cursor over the banner and clicks on it.

FADE TO:
EXT. NEW YORK CITY- ALLEY WAY- AFTERNOON

Marty leans against the wall of an alleyway looking around, waiting for the dealer. He notices a CRAZED MAN walking through the alleyway. Marty approaches him.

MARTY
Hey, I’m looking for silver bullets.

The crazed man looks at Marty with an intense stare. Marty begins to back away…

CRAZED MAN
Thinkin’ bout hunting some werewolves?

Marty reluctantly nods his head.

MARTY
Might.

CRAZED MAN
Then you came to the right place.

Marty watches the man in fear as he reaches into his coat.

PARENT'S APARTMENT. CITY.

It was also brought to my attention that the phone booth scene was too reminiscent of 'American Werewolf in London' and that we needed to see what Marty was going to lose. From there I discovered that there should be a scene with his parents, making it more intimate. To which someone stated- that perhaps I could mix this idea with the diner scene. Having Marty's parents see his son act out. Thus, this is what I got:

INT. MARTY’S PARENT’S APARTMENT- ENTRANCE- NIGHT

SARAH and KYLE, both around their mid forties, opens the door to see Christine and Marty. Sarah hugs Christine. Marty looks at them, trying to remain distanced.

MARTY
Hey Mom, Dad.

SARAH
Come in…

Marty enters the apartment and takes off his coat. Kyle takes it as Sarah closes the door.

KYLE
So how life’s been treating you?

MARTY
Can’t complain.

Marty looks around seeing pictures of himself as a child. Innocent. Having the whole world in front of him.

SARAH
So, when should I expecting you two to be tying the knot?

MARTY
Mom…

SARAH
What? It’s a mother’s job to ask about these things. I want grandchildren you know.

Marty takes a deep breath and looks away.

MARTY
I know.

SARAH
You to go take a seat in the dining room, dinner should be out any moment.

Marty solemnly nods his head okay.

INT. MARTY’S PARENT’S APARTMENT- DINING ROOM

Marty sits across from Christine… Marty has his hand resting on the table; Christine takes it and looks at him hoping that he’ll open up. Marty takes a deep breath and looks out the window. He glances back towards Christine.

CHRISTINE
What’s wrong?

MARTY
Nothing.

CHRISTINE
You can tell me.

Marty lowers his head, beginning to sweat heavily. He looks away. Christine puts her hand on his shoulder. Marty GRABS her hands and leans in as she squirms in agony…

MARTY
(yelling)
NOTHING’S WRONG!!!!!

Sarah and Kyle enter the dining room and look at their son taken aback.

MARTY
(under his breath)
There’s no way out…

Marty releases his grip, ashamed and takes deep breaths, as he looks around frightened. Feeling dizzy.

MARTY
I… I’m sorry.

Marty looks at them as he quickly gets up.

MARTY
I have to go…

Marty quickly walks away and moves past his parents. Christine watches on, concerned…

EXT. NEW YORK CITY STREETS- NIGHT

Marty walks through the city, eyes drained and sweating heavily as he looks around seeing people- everywhere. The sun is gradually setting in the evening sky. The sound of the city is overbearing. He closes his eyes to try to block the sounds. He opens his eyes and looks around again.

POV. MARTY
Everything blurs together into one mass.

Marty shakes his head, trying to think clearly again… he sees a couple around his age.

Marty charges at the GUY, tackling him to the ground while the girlfriend backs away, terrified.

GUY
Man, what’s your problem?!

Marty bites into his shoulder and looks up, blood dripping from his fanged grin.

FLASH CUT:

Marty looks at them from afar and shakes his head no, trying to clear his head of the thoughts. He runs off as fast as he can and doesn’t look back.

ALTERNATE ENDING (MIGHT/ MIGHT NOT USE)

Marty begins to feel an incredible pain as he lurches forward.

MARTY
Please God… no… no!

Marty screams in agony as he falls against the ground.

He lifts his head and we can see fangs in his teeth as his voice becomes wolf-like.

MARTY
No!!!!!

Marty begins to gradually transform into a werewolf, very painful. He lurches around screaming in AGONY! He looks at the gun resting on the desk and closes his eyes as he breathes out exasperated and with all his might he reaches for the gun… trying desperately to get a hold of it. He GRABS it and his body plummets to the ground.

Marty points the gun towards his head, hesitating and scared… BANG!

[FADE TO BLACK]

Also to my Spidey fans out there. Sorry guys. Hit a bump in the previous screenplay than got caught up in other projects. I will try to write it this summer. I still have a lot of interest in doing it, but trying to further career and chances in the biz right now. Will be free summer though, so that's web slinging time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"