Surtur's Role

Why not bigger? It is Thor and Kurse after all and what do you mean by more brutal?

Why not bigger? It is Thor and Kurse after all and what do you mean by more brutal?

Ohp, I meant to say maybe *even* bigger, not, maybe not bigger haha.

And by brutal I mean...well, brutal. Very physical, blows that will make the audience go, oo! you know? Just a brutal fight...not like Thor vs Ironman, or Thor vs Hulk...or not even like Hulk vs Abomination..just a very brutal fight, blows that can almost be felt in the audience...something like that I think would be awesome..it would demonstrate the strength of Kurse...and really show us a Thor cutting loose which we have been DYING for for two years..soon to be 3

Bump

With these rumors from this new guy, he stated that Surtur's presence will be felt. As expected

Bumping this.

So, it seems ever so likely that Surtur may be a force in this movie, a presence.

Does anyone else really think that Surtur will have a role in this movie?

If so, how much of a presence? Name dropping? Screen time?

After credit scene?

I'd be lying if I said I thought a b c.... But I do hope he is the actual bad being referred to, and not Thanos as some others have said.
Hell, I wouldn't mind if Avengers 3 involved the avengers needing Thanos' help in defeating Surtur!

And Avengers 4 would be them learning that letting Surtur rampage for a while might have been a better idea than asking for Thanos' help :)

All that fanfic desire aside, I just want Surtur to the big hidden bad in Thor TDW.

Speaking on the theoretical level-having not seen the film or read the script (if you have it, e-mail it to me!-I would prefer not to have Surtur as the extra villain in the film. Malekith and Kurse are meaty enough to take up on the two and a half hours in the film; if C. Lee's hunches are correct, we might have Thanos' baddies appearing in the film, adding extra padding to the film. I would Surtur's presence be minimal and have him saved for Thor 3.

Speaking on the theoretical level-having not seen the film or read the script (if you have it, e-mail it to me!-I would prefer not to have Surtur as the extra villain in the film. Malekith and Kurse are meaty enough to take up on the two and a half hours in the film; if C. Lee's hunches are correct, we might have Thanos' baddies appearing in the film, adding extra padding to the film. I would Surtur's presence be minimal and have him saved for Thor 3.

Again, with gotg happening next year, and Avengers 2 being Ultron, Thanos presence in this movie will be more than likely minimum. The only thing I could think of at this point is if he and the other are astrally attacking Loki.

Surtur may be referenced and we may even get a small scene with him but that's the most I expect. I'm also doubtful he will included in the after credits scene as those typically have involved hooking the title character with the rest of the universe rather than setting up sequels for the title character.

Yeah, though I think it would be nice to get a lead in to the sequel. I think Surtur MAY have a scene. But what I am expecting, is for Odin to briefly talk about him in the film opening, and we may get a flashback like the Asgardian vs Joten war....and a few name drops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"