Kurse!

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Now that we know that Kurse is in the movie and who will play him, I guess it is time for a thread dedicated to that character.
What will his arc in TDW be? How close will it be to his arc in the comics? What will be changed and why? What do you want to see from him?
A lot of things to discuss, so let's start!

I have to admit I don't know much about the character, but I wonder since this was confirmed to be a dual role of Algrim and Kurse, if we'll see the Beyonder in this movie, or if they'll change his origin.

I doubt they will use Beyonder and probably have a new origin on Kurse

I think Malekith will use an artifact to make Kurse 4x stronger than Thor, but besides that his arch should be pretty much the same.

So...could it be said that Kurse is Malekith's muscle? I could see the epic end battle having Thor fighting Kurse and Loki fighting Malekith.

So...could it be said that Kurse is Malekith's muscle? I could see the epic end battle having Thor fighting Kurse and Loki fighting Malekith.

no. lets not make Loki a hero.

and save his redemption for 3.

Loki is very dark right now, I'd prefer to see him going deeper into that.

I was just saying though that in terms of pairings Kurse is similar in structure to Thor being more physical while Loki and Malekith are well matched in the strengths as magic users, so a battle of equals would have Thor fighting Kurse and Loki fighting Malekith.

I was just saying though that in terms of pairings Kurse is similar in structure to Thor being more physical while Loki and Malekith are well matched in the strengths as magic users, so a battle of equals would have Thor fighting Kurse and Loki fighting Malekith.

I enjoyed the Simonsons' Algrim/Kurse story line but I think Kurse may be too much like the Destroyer, a mindless automaton. It seems like the villains in the sequel may be too similar to the villains from the first.

Should have gone with the Enchantress and Executioner.

I enjoyed the Simonsons' Algrim/Kurse story line but I think Kurse may be too much like the Destroyer, a mindless automaton. It seems like the villains in the sequel may be too similar to the villains from the first.

I think you are telling yourself this simply because you would prefer enchantress and executioner. This is going to work fine. There is nothing to worry about my friend
:D

Kurse is nothing like the Destroyers in terms of personality, because for one Kurse is a sentient being that has a mind of his own.

I kind of agree with you here, I don't want Loki to become a hero or anything but I would love to see him fight Malekith.

It could be a sort of like Megatron vs Sentinel Prime in TF3, where Megatron wanted to be the only one to defeat Optimus.

Last edited:
Haha BT don't ever compare this to Dark of the Moon again :funny:

Dark of The Moon was lacking in several areas but "action" was definately not one of them.

The only other example I can think of is Vegeta not wanting anyone to kill Goku because he wanted to be the one to do it.

Hate to break it to you but Enchantress/Executioner is pretty similar as a pairing to Malekith/Kurse. So if you take issue with one, you're really taking issue with both

I kind of agree with you here, I don't want Loki to become a hero or anything but I would love to see him fight Malekith.

It could be a sort of like Megatron vs Sentinel Prime in TF3, where Megatron wanted to be the only one to defeat Optimus.

Hmmm...I think in keeping with the Transformers theme I used to watch the 80's cartoon all the time. In several of the episodes Megatron/Galvatron did ally himself temporarily with Optimus Prime when it was to his advantage or there was no other recourse. Yes, Megatron in the cartoon was unredeemably evil but he wasn't dumb either. I think in a way this can extend to Loki as a part of his character makeup. He's a dark character for sure but he's not stupid and knows when he needs to align himself with his brother Thor for his own survival.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I think in keeping with the Transformers theme I used to watch the 80's cartoon all the time. In several of the episodes Megatron/Galvatron did ally himself temporarily with Optimus Prime when it was to his advantage or there was no other recourse. Yes, Megatron in the cartoon was unredeemably evil but he wasn't dumb either. I think in a way this can extend to Loki as a part of his character makeup. He's a dark character for sure but he's not stupid and knows when he needs to align himself with his brother Thor for his own survival.
Which has been the case in the comics as well.

Hate to break it to you but Enchantress/Executioner is pretty similar as a pairing to Malekith/Kurse. So if you take issue with one, you're really taking issue with both

Yeah, because Malekith uses sex to manipulate Thor, Kurse and Loki in their story line. Almost identical to Amora/ Executioner.

Thanks for setting me straight.:doh:

The Executioner uses sex to manipulate Thor and Loki? They definitely need to use that subplot in the sequel :up:

Dont know much about the character, but from what little I have read and seen I am they are giving Thor an opponent which will severly test him physically. I jut hope they make him look a bit better than he does in the comics.

g95lIl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"