Comics I have more Spider-Man Comic Questions, aka I'm a NEWBIE!!

Batman333

Civilian
Reaction score
I am new to collecting comics....So here are some questions I have for you Gods of Comics:

1. What is the origin of Ultimate Venom? And also, in Ultimate Spider-Man, is the story the same where Peter has the symbiote as a costume and it transfers to Eddie Brock???

2. Though I have not read it, why does the Ben Reily Clone Spider-man story line suck? And what issues did Ben Reily start???

3. In your opinion, is the Ultimate Spider-Man storyline and comics better than the original???

4. I picked up Amazing Spider-Man #298, and at the end, Brock has the symbiote attached to him, BUT I don't understand this because the symbiote was on Peter the entire issue. My question is what issue does the symbiote go from Peter to Brock and why is it attached to both of them in issue 298???

5. Can someone give me a brief description of Spider-Man 2099? And was the story good or worth a read? Or is it just a rip off of Peter Parker's life in the future?

6. In the comics, the alien symbiote comes from Secret Wars cross over. In the cartoon, the symbiote comes from Outer Space. My question is, did the writers of the Spider-Man cartoon steal their idea from Species 2, or did Species 2 come after Spider-Man cartoon??? Also, what is your prediction for the Spider-Man 3 film where the symbiote comes from???

7. Why does Brock blames Spider-man for his failed career??

8. Are there any reprints for Spider-Man #300 to tell Venom's origin??

9. Why does Sandman have two different real names? And what name is he taking in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3?

10. Has Jim Lee ever drew Spider-Man? If so, is there a link for those pictures? I heard that Jim Lee did Punisher where he did draw Spider-man, but I'm not sure that the source is correct.

1. Ult. Eddie was a childhood friend of Pete's who met up with him in college, and showed Pete a "suit" that there parents were working on together. This "suit" enhanced strength and what not. Pete wore it, thought it was dangerous, and destroyed it. Eddie had a second sample, however, and felt betrayed by Pete, so he poured it on himself, thus becoming Venom.

2. In some people's oppinion, it does because it replaced Peter Parker with his clone Ben Reilly. It said that Reilly was the original and Pete was the clone. In ASM #148-150 or so.

3. Right now, yes. On the whole, no.

4. Pete is wearing a cloth version of the black costume in that, it's not really the symbiote. It transfers in Web of Spider-Man #1, I believe.

5. Can't help, sorry.

6. I think that the cartoon came first, but I doubt either was a total ripoff. I think in SM3 it'll be like what happened in the cartoon.

7. Spider-Man proved that an article he wrote was entirely false (or something), which caused him to lose his job and his dad disowned him because of this.

8. It's reprinted in a trade, called Spider-Man vs. Venom, or maybe it's Venom Returns, idk...

9. I don't know, but it is Flint Marko in SM3.

10. I've seen some of his Spider-Man work, but I'm not sure where from. Sorry. :(

Hope that helped.

Thanks for the help on some of the questions!

wikipedia said:
Spider-Man was one of the many Marvel characters to be reimagined for the Marvel 2099 comic book line, a collection of several series' that showed future versions of classic Marvel characters living in the year 2099, decades after the current Marvel Universe time period. A few other examples are Hulk 2099, Doom 2099 and X-Men 2099.

The character's alter ego is Miguel O'Hara, a half-Mexican, half-Irish genetic engineer at the Alchemax Corporation, who, after unknowingly gaining arachnid-like powers in a gene-splicing accident (an arranged "accident" by a vengeful co-worker named Aaron DelGado) took on the identity of Spider-Man, donning a Mexican Day of the Dead suit as his costume, which is made of a nigh-indestructible unstable molecule fabric material. As Spider-Man, Miguel fought against the Alchemax Corporation's control over the city, and tried to bring down the corporation's CEO, Tyler Stone, whom Miguel later discovered to be his birth father.

After battling the Exiles on another world, Proteus escapes to 2099, and takes the body of the Hulk. Spider-Man joins forces with the Exiles to stop him. Proteus is too strong, and unmasks Spider-Man to the world. Spider-Man then convinces Proteus that coming to 2099 was a mistake and that he should move on. Feeling guilty, and afraid of being hunted down after his identity is made public, Spider-Man leaves his world and joins the Exiles to continue fixing damaged realities

Spider-Man 2099's hybrid human/spider physiology gives him a wide array of powers. He has the proportionate strength and agility of a spider, which allows him to lift 10 times his own body weight, and jump distances of up to 30 feet. His speed and reflexes are also enhanced to superhuman levels. Spinnerets in his forearms enable him to fire organic spider-webbing from the top of his wrists. Retractable talons in his fingertips and toes enable him to climb walls or cut enemies. These talons act instinctively and almost subconsciously on an involuntary scale. His teeth are venomous, and can paralyze anyone he bites. He has enhanced hearing, and can see in the dark, or long distances. The muscles controlling the movement of his eyes are accelerated, which enables him to clearly see fast moving objects without any motion blur. His web cape, which he obtained from a Thorite (Worshiper of Thor), is made from the Lyte Byte material commonly used in the manufacturing of hang-gliders, and acts as an air foil, allowing him to glide on air currents for a short period of time, as well as slow his rate of descent.

reimagined spider-man. currently in exiles. go here for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_2099

it was different, dunno if it was good. exiles is supposed to be good though, you should check that out. funny how theyve both been unmasked in their worlds now... though i think spider-man 2099 unmasked first

3. Don't ask for a definitive answer, when there isn't one. However, everyone is probably going to say the original because without the original, Ultimate probably wouldn't exsist.

10. I've seen some of his work on Spider-Man. It was alright. To me, Jim Lee will always be a god on Batman. Damn do I love his work on Batman. The art in Hush owned my soul. :up: :up: :up:

Just to add

1. The Venom Suit in Ultimate was actually something Peter and Eddie's dad worked on together. It's original purpose was to heal and enhance body functions. Basically years later, Peter accidentily wears it, and has big time trouble, controlling it, just imagine how a non super powered Eddie Brock did with it.

2. In some people's opinion the Clone Saga "sucked" because the Peter Parker Spider-Man was revealed to have been a clone of Ben Reilly who was supposedly the Spider-Man from Amazing Fantasy 15 up until ASM 149. Most people hated it because it was extremely long, and kept going back and forth regarding whether or not Peter or Ben was the clone. No matter what people thought of the story itself, allmost everyone liked Ben Reilly as a character.

3. I think Ultimate is much better than Spidey currently, however overall regular Spidey(616) owns it. Give Ultimate 40 years though....

4. Peter gets rid of the suit in Web of Spider-Man 1, and leaves it in Our Lady's Saints church where Brock presumably finds it later, when he arrives to pray for forgiv. Peter however continues to wear a cloth version of the suit, because the Black Cat thinks it looks "hotter"

5. Can't help, never read it

6. The suit was introduced in the animated series back in 1994, Species 2 came out in 1998. I think personally John Jameson will bring it back.

7. Brcok wrote a series of articles about a serial killer named the Sin Eater (Ref: Who Killed Jean Dewolf?) in the final article he named the supposed killer, a guy who told all to him. However he turns out to be a compulsionary conffesionist, when Peter nabs the real killer. Brock is fired, loses his wife, and the respect of his father.

8. Spider-Man vs Venom tpb, or Todd Mcfarlene Visionaries 1

9. Flint Marko is his criminal name, and William Baker is his civillian name

10. He did a couple of issues of Punisher where Spidey was a guest. If you type Jim Lee Spider into google you can find some of his sketches too

Batman333 said:
8. Are there any reprints for Spider-Man #300 to tell Venom's origin??

As far as I know, Spider-man Visionaries: Todd McFarlane Vol 1 reprints this one..you may want to check your library for this one..I;ve found it our local one.

1. Covered

2. This is largely a matter of opinion. There are many of us who LIKE th' clone saga. Look fer th' Official Fans of Reilly Thread on this board fer a complete checklist of Clone Saga comics an' what th' FANS have to say about it.

3. Ultimate suffers from MAJOR Decompression (extendin' a story to more issues than it needs) and crappy dialogue. Th' first half of th' book was decent, it hasn't been since though.

4. Covered

5. Covered

6. The space thing was so they didn't hafta do the convoluted Secret Wars story. That's all. Hopefully Jameson brings it back.

7. Brock faked a story then Spidey caught the real villain, exposin' him as a fraud.

8. Covered.

9. Covered

10. Covered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"