Tales From The Borderlands

Seriously? How many games is Telltale going to bite off all at once.
(Not that I'm complaining)
Oh and I hope the main character is Jack. ^_^

Ha, not quite as sure about this combination though. As long as they get Wolf Among Us and Game of Thrones out promptly it's cool.

I just... the universe of Borderlands is not why I come to a Borderlands game.

Why do you play the Borderlands games then? Without it's universe it would be just a bland and boring FPS.

Why do you play the Borderlands games then? Without it's universe it would be just a bland and boring FPS.

It isn't bland or boring at all. :huh: It's a great FPS game with leveling up and loot.

The story of both games was relatively bland.

Last edited:
Ah okay I misunderstood you. I consider all the flavor from the game as part of the universe. Not just the story.

I can just imagine people buying this thinking it'll be like the games.

Forgive me but, how will this be fun? Not trying troll. Knowing how Telltale does games, are we going to be a regular person living in the world the game tales place on?

My guess is that you'll be a vault hunter wanna be that lives in Sanctuary and your story plays a part in how Hyperion takes control between Borderlands 1 and 2.

the same link from the top of this thread has been updated there's a video at GI now.

Edit double post.

Last edited:
Tales from the Borderlands Is An Adventure Game Set After Borderlands 2. May 5, 2014 . 2:01pm

Tales from the Borderlands takes place after Borderlands 2 and will be released this Summer.

Tales from the Borderlands is a new game set in the Borderlands universe, but it isn’t a first-person shooter. Instead, it’s an adventure game being developed by Telltale Games, and Gearbox Software released some new screenshots for it this morning.Additionally, over at the PlayStation Blog, Tales from the Borderlands producer Adam Sarasohn confirmed that the game will be episodic, and that you’ll be able to purchase each episode individually. Loot that you grab in Tales will be available for use in “other areas of the Borderlands franchise”.Tales from the Borderlands takes place after Borderlands 2 and will be released this Summer. Gearbox and Telltale haven’t announced just which platforms the game is in development for yet.

source:Siliconera

Summer is a lot sooner than I thought. I figured and hoped that they would finish up the current seasons of Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us before this was released. I'm concerned this game will delay the development of those games.

from over the week end
tales-from-the-borderlands.jpg

Tales from the Borderlands Cast Revealed

Tales from the Borderlands, a Telltale Games title set in the Borderlands universe, features voice work from the likes of Nerdist founder Chris Hardwick, actor Sam Witwer, Nolan North, and more. Hardwick will voice a character named Vaughn, who is the best friend of Rhys, one of the main protagonists, voiced by Sam Witwer (Being Human, Star Wars: The Clone Wars). The pair are Hyperion workers who are searching the world of Pandora for a vault key.
Other voice actors include Nolan North, Patrick Warburton, and several returning characters from the Borderlands franchise.
Tales from the Borderlands was announced in December and is set to launch sometime this summer.

source:EPN.TV

Looks like this is going to be fun!

[YT]eOPmNBM3Yew[/YT]
First Tales from the Borderlands Gameplay

Telltale Games has released the first gameplay trailer for Tales from the Borderlands, their new adventure game set in the Borderlands universe. The visual style is very similar to Telltale's previous games like The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among and it works well with the cartoonish style of Borderlands. The Borderlands sense of humour will also be back, and because this is a Telltale game, the story will unfold episodically over five parts. The first episode of Tales from the Borderlands will be released before the end of the year.
Set on the unforgiving world of Pandora after the events seen in Borderlands 2, this is a story full of Borderlands’ trademark humor, following two adventurers on their quest for greatness. You’ll play as Rhys, a Hyperion ‘suit’ with dreams of being the next Handsome Jack, and Fiona, a Pandoran con artist looking to score her biggest ever swindle. Thrown together as unwilling partners in an adventure to recover cash they both think is theirs, their journey will take you on a wild ride where gangsters, bandit lords, and Vault Hunters are just some of the obstacles you’ll encounter, in this new take on the award-winning universe created by Gearbox Software.

source: EPN.TV

Last edited:

[YT]wOaoHzYc41A[/YT]
Tales from the Borderlands Out Now

You don't have wait any longer to play Tales from the Borderlands, because the first episode is out now. Known as Zer0 Sum, the first episode is available today on the PC, PS3, and PS4, with the Xbox One version set to follow tomorrow. Xbox 360
owners will have to wait until December 3, and there’s no word yet on when the iOS and Android versions will arrive. Developed as a collaboration between Telltale Games and Gearbox Software, Tales from the Borderlands thrusts players into the roles of two different characters: Rhys, a Hyperion employee, and Fiona, a con artist and grifter. You’ll be able to switch back and forth between them as their stories intertwine, and you’ll come across familiar Borderlands characters and locations along the way.
Because this is a Telltale game, the story will unfold episodically over five parts.

Tales from the Borderlands rollin', rollin', rollin' out today

(3 hours ago)

The first episode of Telltale's Tales from the Borderlands hits Steam across the globe later today, as well as PS4 and PS3 in North America. Next up are the Xbox One and Xbox 360, with worldwide releases due tomorrow, November 26, and December 3 respectively. Last but not least, PS owners in Europe also join the episodic party on December 3.

As for prices, on PlayStations and Xboxen each individual episode is $5. On PSN there's the option to purchase all five episodes in a $20 season pass, while on Xbox Live you can get Episodes 2-5 in a $15 season pass upgrade. On Steam the asking price for the season is $25, which you can bring down to $22.49 with a pre-purchase. Finally, Telltale's previously said the first episode should hit iOS and Android before the end of the year.

To see the launch trailer in action, move 'em on and head 'em out past the break. Also, that title is not referencing Limp Bizkit - you guys are just the Durst.
Tales from the Borderlands (First Screenshots)

Continue Reading

Also from

via:Joystiq

source: EPN.TV , @telltalegames (1), (2), (3)& GI

Last edited:
This is easily my all time favorite Telltale Game. (yes, even more than Walking Dead)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"