The Amazing Spider-Man TASM Footage Description Thread!

Why not? It's hardly detrimental to his character. It reflects the rebellious teenaged outcast who's found his liberation and finds means of announcing it to the world. For a modern Peter Parker, it fits quite well.

well said.

Why not? It's hardly detrimental to his character. It reflects the rebellious teenaged outcast who's found his liberation and finds means of announcing it to the world. For a modern Peter Parker, it fits quite well.

Does Spider-Man deface public property? When did Peter Parker become a graffiti artist?

Tell me how that is part of his character. Modern Peter Parker? No. I will throw popcorn at the screen if he is wanted by the cops for defacing public property with red spray paint.

Does Spider-Man deface public property? When did Peter Parker become a graffiti artist?

Tell me how that is part of his character. Modern Peter Parker? No. I will throw popcorn at the screen if he is wanted by the cops for defacing public property with red spray paint.

Yeah, and if he dares does that "masked vigilante" BS too than I'll be super pissed! Spider-Man ain't no criminal, hes a law abiding citizen!

Sorry but, when was it confirmed that Spider-Man is the one tagging the city?

Yeah, and if he dares does that "masked vigilante" BS too than I'll be super pissed! Spider-Man ain't no criminal, hes a law abiding citizen!

Yes because that segway wasn't stupid.:dry:

Oh wait spray painting graffiti is cool now and a new age modern Peter Parker would totally do that! I hope he goes to underground raves to let off steam and plays Call of Duty during the weekends...because it's what modern kids do these days.

Sorry but, when was it confirmed that Spider-Man is the one tagging the city?

In the description of the footage shown...couple of pages back. I thought it was a marketing stunt so I was okay with it but apparently that is Spider-Man's calling card in this movie....because that is what Spider-Man does now apparently.

Yes Chaseter, the whole movie is going to be about Spider Man spray painting.

Parker broke the law when he joined Captain America in th Civil War.

Sometimes the world isn't black and white.

Because Spidey is totally a cool outsider. I hope he meets Shepard Fairey or Banksy :heart:

In the description of the footage shown...couple of pages back. I thought it was a marketing stunt so I was okay with it but apparently that is Spider-Man's calling card in this movie....because that is what Spider-Man does now apparently.

This is a young Spiderman, maybe he's still learning, having fun with his newfound ability, abusing it.

Equating him to a graffiti artist would be a bit much given with what we have. He put his logo on some dingy brick building near some alleyways. When he starts tagging every other public building, then I'll pull out the pitchforks.

As is, it is much ado about nothing significant. A high school loner who knows how to draw and decides to celebrate on some run-down piece of property when he's at an emotional high... seems pretty in line of a Parker thing to do. Lest we forget, the kid turns into a vigilante and concocts an arachnid masked identity, as a self-appointed protector of the city. Comparatively speaking, which is the more "out there" behavior for his personality?

Parker broke the law when he joined Captain America in th Civil War.

Sometimes the world isn't black and white.

So just add defacing public property...because he is doing what he thinks is right dammit.:o Damn the laws!

Equating him to a graffiti artist would be a bit much given with what we have. He put his logo on some dingy brick building near some alleyways. When he starts tagging every other public building, then I'll pull out the pitchforks.

As is, it is much ado about nothing significant. A high school loner who knows how to draw and decides to celebrate on some run-down piece of property when he's at an emotional high... seems pretty in line of a Parker thing to do. Lest we forget, the kid turns into a vigilante and concocts an arachnid masked identity, as a self-appointed protector of the city. Comparatively speaking, which is the more "out there" behavior for his personality?

I love it. I love seeing people accept something extremely stupid just to make this movie cooler and more modern. God I hope we see Peter Parker waiting in line for an iphone and Lizard rampaging by and Peter has to decide to lose his place in line or not trying to stop that awful Lizard.

I've spoken to multiple people that saw the footage today that have told me that it wasn't Spider-Man that did the graffiti symbols. They said that Peter looked at the graffiti with a touched look on his face like "Wow, these guys actually like me."

Spider-man probably won't tag until he's already considered a criminal by police and the media.

Tagging has long been tradition for youth who feel don't have a voice against corporations, media, and the police state. All three are against Spider-man so why wouldn't he make a statement or two?

600full-v-for-vendetta-poster.jpg

So just add defacing public property...because he is doing what he thinks is right dammit.:o Damn the laws!
He's probably "defacing" wanted posters and slanderous media against him.

Fair game IMO.

I love it. I love seeing people accept something extremely stupid just to make this movie cooler and more modern. God I hope we see Peter Parker waiting in line for an iphone and Lizard rampaging by and Peter has to decide to lose his place in line or not trying to stop that awful Lizard.

:doh:
Since when was graffiti a modern thing? Graffiti has been around forever. And its gotten a lot less creative. I remember seeing artwork and intricate designs on buildings, now I see a bunch of scribbles and *****. I'd hardly call graffiti a 21st century specific thing.

If you were only interested in listening to your own voice and reveling in its opposition to the masses -- perhaps tell someone before they try to engage you in a civil discussion.

I've spoken to multiple people that saw the footage today that have told me that it wasn't Spider-Man that did the graffiti symbols. They said that Peter looked at the graffiti with a touched look on his face like "Wow, these guys actually like me."

It's not something I would not see the movie over...but it's definitely not in his character at all to do something like that ever. He would stop taggers if he saw them let alone doing it himself (unless they were doing it on a billboard of JJJ's face advertising Bugle).

It's little off stuff like that, that pisses me off. Raimi did them too but no one on here was saying that it totally makes sense for Sandman to be Uncle Ben's killer and that it modernizes the story.:doh:

If you were only interested in listening to your own voice and reveling in its opposition to the masses -- perhaps tell someone before they try to engage you in a civil discussion.

Yet you reply..............................................................

I'm going too use my first post here as a member too say god am I effing excited too see this trailer, all the descriptions have just got me more jacked up, only an hour and a half left yeeeehaawwww

:doh:
Since when was graffiti a modern thing? Graffiti has been around forever. And its gotten a lot less creative. I remember seeing artwork and intricate designs on buildings, now I see a bunch of scribbles and *****. I'd hardly call graffiti a 21st century specific thing.

I'm not the one who said that it fits a modern Peter Parker or that rebellious teens go out and tag.

It's not something I would not see the movie over...but it's definitely not in his character at all to do something like that ever. He would stop taggers if he saw them let alone doing it himself (unless they were doing it on a billboard of JJJ's face advertising Bugle).

Oh so its in character if you think Peter Parker has some sort of vendetta against them? It makes perfect sense to me. I definitely see it in his character. Using the symbol to raise awareness. Its sort of like how Batman has the bat symbol, except, you know, illegal. But Spider Man is stopping criminals and breaking laws anyhow, so why should it matter?

Yet you reply..............................................................
Well yes, most decent people attend to a crying baby in their immediate vicinity. But now that I know it's only for attention, I'll let you "cry it out". ;)

Spider-man has been wanted by the police in the comics.

He never turns himself in. Isn't that breaking the law?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"