• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight TDK at Chicago Film Fest

I believe the waiting list is for people who have to cancel going or don't show up. It's also possible that it's for orders that don't go through due to credit card information that doesn't go through. Ticketmaster does that where a show will go on sale & people buy tickets, but some of those orders are canceled for some credit card mishap.

Do we know what the dress code is going to be like? Just want to know if I have to rent a tux... or if anyone else will be going in a tux, etc.

I believe the waiting list is for people who have to cancel going or don't show up. It's also possible that it's for orders that don't go through due to credit card information that doesn't go through. Ticketmaster does that where a show will go on sale & people buy tickets, but some of those orders are canceled for some credit card mishap.

Well the rep I spoke with specifically told me that they were waiting to see if the Studio would release another block of tickets, and that they should know in about 2 weeks.

Well the rep I spoke with specifically told me that they were waiting to see if the Studio would release another block of tickets, and that they should know in about 2 weeks.

Did they say it was for the general public or possibly some bigwigs?

Did they say it was for the general public or possibly some bigwigs?

I'm presuming the general public, as they called me back later in the day to confirm that I wanted to be on the waiting list. That's when they told me about the possibility of the studio releasing another block.

Just got this email.

Thank you for your recent ticket order.

This email is to confirm your order of 2 tickets to The Dark Knight Gala, on
Wednesday, July 16, at Navy Pier.

Your tickets will be mailed out by Friday, June 20. Please confirm your
mailing address below:

------

Kindly let me know if you would like to have your tickets shipped to a
different address, or if you prefer to pick them up in person after June 20.

PLEASE NOTE:
This screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending
you agree not to bring any audio or video recording device into the theater
(audio recording devices for credentialed press excepted) and consent to a
physical search of your belongings and person. Any attempted use of
recording devises will result in immediate removal from the theater and
forfeiture of such device. Camcording in a theatre is a federal felony.
Please allow additional time for heightened security. You can assist us by
leaving all nonessential bags at home or in your vehicle. Warner Bros.
Entertainment, Inc. thanks you for your cooperation.

For additional information about The Dark Knight Gala, visit:
http://www.chicagofilmfestival.org/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CIFFSite.woa/3/wa/page
s/Special%20Events%202008

If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at
312-683-0121 x130 or [email protected]

Looking forward to seeing you on July 16th!

Best Regards,

Allison

Allison Bowman
Special Events and Marketing Assistant
Cinema/Chicago
Chicago International Film Festival
30 East Adams, suite 800
Chicago, IL 60603
t: 312-683-0121, ext. 130
f: 312-683-0122
e: [email protected]
www.chicagofilmfestival.com

In case anyone is curious about dress code & cameras for the event, this comes straight from Allison of the Chicago Film Festival:

The dress code is business and you may bring cameras for before and after the film, however recording devices are strictly prohibited.......You may bring cameras, as in for photography. We are aware that some digital cameras have the ability to record (as if it were a video camera), however any attempt to use this feature during the screening will lead to immediate removal from the theater and possible legal action.

So there you have it. Digital cameras are okay as long as they are used for pics only.

Hey guys, new poster here.

Is there any possible way to get tickets for this? Sadly this is the first I've heard of this. I can't believe I didnt find out sooner. I am going to call the office tomorrow to hopefully get on the waiting list, but what are my chances?

Chances are probably slim to none and slim has.....well you know the rest.

The website says that even the waiting list is full and they won't take anymore names. BUT there was a mention of another block of tickets that might be put on sale. I don't know if I'd hold much hope for that though. You might want to try places like Craigslist or Ebay even. Good luck!

^^ thanks, I'm gonna do all I can. Was it fairly easy to get tickets when they went on sale? I am sick I just heard about this now.

Wasn't too easy. The online ticketing site wasn't there at all. That meant you had to call and battle busy signals & ringing with no one answering for what seemed like forever. For calling they gave the wrong extensions. Getting through to an operator was your only way.

sounds annoying, but worth it! I'm gonna try ebay. If not, I'll be there taking pictures that night for sure.

Ive seen 2 ebay auctions finish at around 800 dollars for 2 tickets so far.

Not as bad as the Comic Con 4-day tickets selling on ebay a few days before the Con for $1000+.

You can get 4-day memberships for $70, if you bought them before June. :o

2 tickets just went for $655. thats a little out of my range.

does anybody know if Nolan or any of the stars will be at this event?

has anyone received their tickets in the mail yet? I checked today and sadly no tickets yet.

I got tickets to a 9pm screening on Thursday the 17th at IMAX. Its not the gala, but I'll take it.

has anyone received their tickets in the mail yet? I checked today and sadly no tickets yet.

Not yet. They said they'd be mailed by the 20th so I'm not going to worry until middle of next week.

I got tickets to a 9pm screening on Thursday the 17th at IMAX. Its not the gala, but I'll take it.

lucky...i have to go to the 3 in the morning showing at imax...well, i dont have to...thats going to be interesting.

i'll be there the midnight show was all but filled up when i checked wed. don't worry... you'll see me there...thurs. morning!!!

so what are the thoughts on the 'dress code' of the gala?

so what are the thoughts on the 'dress code' of the gala?

We were told it's business attire and that's completely fine with me. For something like this I'd want to be dressed up. I just need to find something to wear that looks nice and won't be uncomfortable wearing it for so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"