The Dark Knight Rack 'em uuuppp! The TDK Award Tracker

I stumbled upon these awards today (didn't know that they existed) and was happy to find that TDK did very well. Here is the official live update blog from the Jameson Empire (as in the magazine) Awards:

http://www.empireonline.com/awards2009/

TDK specifically won:

Best Actor - Bale
If you read the little recap of this award, the guys who were presenting it did a little bit about Bale's rant. Bale actually appeared via tape to accept the award.

Best Film
Of all people, Cillian Murphy was there to accept. LOL

Best Director - Nolan
Nolan also appeared on tape to accept.

And there was also, apparently, a very nice video tribute to Heath which included Bale and Nolan in it. The tribute concluded with roaring applause from the audience.

Does anyone happen to have the video acceptance speeches from Nolan & Bale?

what the hell!! they use the OLD Batman theme!!??! lame... great they won tho!!!

Christian Bale, best actor? Didn't he have a throat infection during the film? :hehe:

[YT]Hej4rWryirM[/YT]

Christian Bale, best actor? Didn't he have a throat infection during the film? :hehe:

That's a true testament to his acting in my opinion. The man worked through the infection and went on to win the best actor award at this ceremony. :o

;) :woot:

Oh, great, now that TDK isn´t running, they expand the nominees. Talk about unfair.

I hate what the Academy has now decided to do with 10 Best Picture nominations, but it's brilliant from their point of view.

You'll have half of them being the "art house, indie, unknown" Oscar films (which are the ones really contending for the award) and the decoys (i.e., Up, Star Trek, TDK etc...the ones that have NO chance of winning, but are nominated to create interest in the show).

Now they can nominate fan favorite films for Best Picture, removing the whole "the academy is elitist" label, even though the fan favorite films like TDK would have never won anyway.

I see right through this one.

Oh yeah, it´s obvious. They won´t give the award to "geek love" movies like TDK or Iron man or ST, but now they can nominate them and get young people and average moviegoers more interested in the ceremony, instead of nominating only indie/artsy movies that, for the most part, nobody sees. I can´t help thinking that the backlash for TDK´s absence last year was on some level related to this.

Last edited:
That's BS what the academy is doing. Dark Knight woulda surely been nominated. Now some wack movie thats not as good as TDK will be noiminated and TDK wont. **** the Oscars..

ha well, it seems Up and Star Trek will be nominated lol

I wouldn't be surprised.

What's the deal with having 10 nominations? They're still iving 1 award.

Oh I get it, so more people can say "Oh I was nominated to an Oscar." Cheap.

That's BS what the academy is doing. Dark Knight woulda surely been nominated. Now some wack movie thats not as good as TDK will be noiminated and TDK wont. **** the Oscars..

I don't get it. You people hate the Academy doing this or that merely because TDK wasn't/could-have-been-but-it-wasn't nominated?

I get the feeling that this "hate" is only words out of the fact that the Academy didn't give TDK a nomination. Which makes me think you actually love the Academy (since you wanted one of its nomination for TDK so bad) but since you didn't get the nom, then you hate it out of spite.

I hate the Academy since forever and I spit in their Oscars and nominations. TDK (or any movie that's truly good) is better without them.

I don't get it. You people hate the Academy doing this or that merely because TDK wasn't/could-have-been-but-it-wasn't nominated?

I get the feeling that this "hate" is only words out of the fact that the Academy didn't give TDK a nomination. Which makes me think you actually love the Academy (since you wanted one of its nomination for TDK so bad) but since you didn't get the nom, then you hate it out of spite.

I hate the Academy since forever and I spit in their Oscars and nominations. TDK (or any movie that's truly good) is better without them.

the academy is notorious for scoffing at genre films regardless of how good they are, with the exception of Lord of the Rings

lol why were Murphy and De La Noy so far in the back?

Also, what's the honor in getting selected now when they do that oscar nominee announcement thing. Everyone else (practically) is gonna be getting selected too.

the academy is notorious for scoffing at genre films regardless of how good they are, with the exception of Lord of the Rings

The academy is also notorious for scoffing at good movies and excellent ditectors regardless of how good they are. Hence why I don't see any honor or privilege about getting one of their darn statues. Other than to brag about it or to profit from the ceremony's popularity.

On a positive note, at least Pixar has a chance of not getting ****ed over again this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"