The Dark Knight TDK Vs. Batman 89'

1) Movie - The Dark Knight - B89 just bores me when I watch it, great film though.
2) Director - Christopher Nolan - Memento and The Prestige, enough said!
3) Batman - Christian Bale - Bale just shows more range for me.
4) Joker - Heath Ledger - Performance that will be admired even 30 years from now!
5) Sound Track - Hans Zimmer/James Newton Howard - B89 theme sounds more iconic true, but TDK sound track is better all around.
6) Woman friend - Maggie Gyllenhaal - Basinger seemed too dumb in the movie, a really pointless character.
7) Alfred - Michael Caine - Gough just didn't have a better script to work with.
8) Gordon - Gary Oldman - I think I don't need to explain myself...
9) Harvey Dent - Aaron Eckhart - I can't compare a fully fledged role with an appearance.

Last edited:
Of course this whole thread means nothing though, it is completely skewed towards nolans movies.

B89, obviously. Anyone who prefers TDK is just a Punisher fan in disguise. :o

Says little about the movie itself though. The man who has been the most involved in a long hard creative process is not the best to appreciate his own creation.
Except that I don't think this is a matter of Burton being modest or just exhausted with all the work he had to put up with on B89. I think it is more of a matter that he did not have as much creative freedom on that film as he would have liked, and that the film suffered for it in his view. For example, he seems quite proud of Batman Returns, and it's no secret that he had more creative control over that film. If you look at Burton's sketches of the Joker for B89 and then look and what we actually got, they are quite different, whereas Penguin and Catwoman in BR are very much like Burton's original sketches for them.

Except that I don't think this is a matter of Burton being modest or just exhausted with all the work he had to put up with on B89. I think it is more of a matter that he did not have as much creative freedom on that film as he would have liked, and that the film suffered for it in his view. For example, he seems quite proud of Batman Returns, and it's no secret that he had more creative control over that film. If you look at Burton's sketches of the Joker for B89 and then look and what we actually got, they are quite different, whereas Penguin and Catwoman in BR are very much like Burton's original sketches for them.

I meant to include that in "hard creative process." So I agree.

Nevertheless creative freedom doesn't always mean better results.

:up:.

I'd love to see these.:yay:
If you or anyone else knows where I can see it, I'd gladly appreciate it. :yay:

Same here. I never knew he had sketches of the Joker in his vision.

art_of_tim_burton-440x339.jpg

There's a preview. You'll find more in his Art of Tim Burton book.

I'll never cease to be amazed/puzzled at how Burtonian Nolan's Joker looked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"