TDK vs SM2

Stood the test of time better than SM1 though.

Well tbh I didn't notice it as much back then, but now it's really noticeable I think due to what's come after it.

Yeah, the thing is I was old enough to spot it as I had been familiar to it when I had seen the 1966 Batman TV show or the Wonder Woman TV series.

TDK is as good as it gets for me, for me it was a game changer that is the benchmark now. I like SM2 a lot but it just cant compete with TDK, but then what can at the moment.

Senator Pleasurey- I never thought I would see the day were you defend a Rami Spidey film and I would be criticising it.

TDK is as good as it gets for me, for me it was a game changer that is the benchmark now. I like SM2 a lot but it just cant compete with TDK, but then what can at the moment.

It is very difficult that any director brings so much talent to a superhero movie, under the studio's executives pressure (bring a love interest, more humor here and such) and that, at the same time, is not just copying of the pre-existing movies.

I can count only three superhero movies than have been game changers and have brought something really new to the genre: Superman the movie, Batman and TDK.

Senator Pleasurey- I never thought I would see the day were you defend a Rami Spidey film and I would be criticising it.

Hahaha, with all its problems, SM2 was a great movie, one has to keep a minimum of objectivity.

Last edited:
So Rami's version was off but the film's themselves (SM2 anyway) were great?

So Rami's version was off but the film's themselves (SM2 anyway) were great?

In 1 and 3 he just got away with anything by using cheesey humor. In SM2 he took the difficult way many times. Like in that scene with peter and Aunt May I mentioned. Many could have felt it was "too sad" or "depressing," you know, for a superhero movie. But Raimi played it straight and serious.

It is very difficult that any director brings so much talent to a superhero movie, under the studio's executives pressure (bring a love interest, more humor here and such) and that, at the same time, is not just copying of the pre-existing movies.

I can count only three superhero movies than have been game changers and have brought something really new to the genre: Superman the movie, Batman and TDK.

Exactly. Sometimes it can be down to even blind luck, when all things just happen to fall into place, your in the right place at the right time. Like the Beatles or Nirvana or something similar to that.

The viral marketing at the time, the way the world was back then, the fear of terrorism and CHAOS and Nolan just happened to tap into that. Its either genius or luck or a bit of both.

I'm not saying its perfect, I'm sure somebody will real off a list of plotholes and nitpicks, but no CBM is, hell nothing is but its as good as "serious" comic book movies have gotten to date I feel.

I thought TDK was perfect, the only Comic Book Film I'd give a 10/10 to. I await the day I feel Spidey gets a film of that quality. Perhaps a Death Of Gwen Stacy film done right might do seeing as it is one of the most iconic moments in the history of comics and has a HUGE impact on the character.

Exactly. Sometimes it can be down to even blind luck, when all things just happen to fall into place, your in the right place at the right time. Like the Beatles or Nirvana or something similar to that.

The viral marketing at the time, the way the world was back then, the fear of terrorism and CHAOS and Nolan just happened to tap into that. Its either genius or luck or a bit of both.

I'm not saying its perfect, I'm sure somebody will real off a list of plotholes and nitpicks, but no CBM is, hell nothing is but its as good as "serious" comic book movies have gotten to date I feel.

Even Citizen Kane has plot holes. The thing is if the movie doesn't hold itself up on a plot holes basis. But the experience of TDK was so fresh and new and exciting, philosophical (this far better done than in many other movies of the like) and potent that you could tell Nolan wasn't just all bells and whistles. He had something to "say," and I'm not referring to the verbal message necessarily.

The Dark Knight

SM2 was en excellent movie and remains one of the best comic book movies. But TDK is far superior. It's easily the best comic book movie.

Both highly overrated by critics and fanboys, but TDK is the better one of the two by a considerable margin.

If TDK & SM2 are so overrated, I'd really like to know what CBMs are better.

Hellboy II: The Golden Army and The Dark Knight Rises, though its neither here nor there for the thread topic.

Hellboy II: The Golden Army and The Dark Knight Rises, though its neither here nor there for the thread topic.
Hellboy II: The Golden Army and The Dark Knight Rises are certainly better than Spider-man 2, but The Dark Knight is better (with TDKR right behind it). Still, I love all four of these movies.

I would say that TDKR is no where near the quality of TDK IMO. I think itNs the weakest of the trilogy.

It is the weakest. Neither it or Hellboy 2 can hold a candle to TDK or SM-2.

TDK is probably in my top 7 or 8 superhero movies, but SM2 is not even in the top 10. Just right off the top of my head:

Batman Begins
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman (1989)
Superman: The Movie
X2: X-Men United
Iron Man

That's just the list of better superhero movies than TDK. The list of better superhero movies than SM2 is quite a bit longer.

Spider-Man 2! Its more entertaining and I don't have to think that much to understand the movie!

That one came in 2007. :oldrazz:

are-you-serious.gif

Don't talk about S*****-M** 3... :)

I personally would say this is an unfair poll.

Someone should do The Dark Knight vs Avengers. Now that would be a close match.

TDK is better because it is an acronym with all letters, as opposed to SM2 which has a number in there which confuses things. Besides, the SM could easily stand for super man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"