Days of Future Past ** TEASER TRAILER Thread - Countdown: Tuesday 29! [First snippet!]

in my case, it gave me a frustration, because honestly I didnt see anything I wanted to see, and didnt even liked the stuff they showed.

And I saw I wasnt the only one, I read comments of people saying that it was more of the same (previous movies) and I totally agree. Same characters as original trilogy, just with the younger actors. But... what about the real new/fresh stuff?

neither the snippet or the 12 stills have showed a new character. So this is why some fans didnt feel anything at all (and I read that on a spanish boart too)

you have to consider the original cast are going to be the biggest pull in this film, as fans we obviously want to see new stuff but they arent gonna show all the new stuff and new cast yet, it makes no sense because it would look like fc2

its not about dropping OT stars, its about balance, showing familiar and new characters at the same time.

to please fans and give non fans something new to get their attention. Thats what some of this promotional stuff is missing, and its important, since this movie should appeal to MANY non fans.

you have to consider the original cast are going to be the biggest pull in this film, as fans we obviously want to see new stuff but they arent gonna show all the new stuff and new cast yet, it makes no sense because it would look like fc2

your logic is they aint showing it because they are the biggest draw, they are showing the characters who have the biggest roles in the story, magnetos and xaviers, mystique, wolverine as they have more to show off with them, everyone else will be 2nd rogue,quicksilver,bishop, havok ect ect

its part FC2 and X4 so the logic in it looking like FC2 isn't totally wrong and they ain't hiding that :cwink:

we will be lucky if we get 2 shots of rogue in the trailer, probably have about 5 of mystique even with all these characters in the film, just because that seems to be how its going

Last edited:
your logic is they aint showing it because they are the biggest draw, they are showing the characters who have the biggest roles in the story, magnetos and xaviers, mystique, wolverine as they have more to show off with them, everyone else will be 2nd rogue,quicksilver,bishop, havok ect ect

its part FC2 and X4 so the logic in it looking like FC2 isn't totally wrong and they ain't hiding that :cwink:

we will be lucky if we get 2 shots of rogue in the trailer, probably have about 5 of mystique even with all these characters in the film, just because that seems to be how its going

No I just mean if you are trying to get a big audience you show off the people they first watched and then gradually introduce new characters. They are the some of the biggest names in hollywood which is why they are in the teaser, I know anna is famous but still not on the level of hugh and halle. to me it just makes sense to have the big names in the teaser as its just to create buzz for the film :yay:

Hope Storms eyes go white in the final cut, would look strange not to

I don't think they will go white in the trailer that is gonna debut next week. But who knows.
A trailer is supposed to create buzz for a product. Namely a film. Not create buzz for a trailer. A trailer for a trailer doesn't help create anything. The pics are getting people more hyped than anything. The same amount of people were going to watch a trailer regardless if there's a trailer for it.

Umm the teaser of the teaser trailer already has thousands of views in YouTube, obviously there's a hype there. And a trailer for a trailer will make people wait for the trailer MORE compare to a simple announcement.

in my case, it gave me a frustration, because honestly I didnt see anything I wanted to see, and didnt even liked the stuff they showed.

And I saw I wasnt the only one, I read comments of people saying that it was more of the same (previous movies) and I totally agree. Same characters as original trilogy, just with the younger actors. But... what about the real new/fresh stuff?

neither the snippet or the 12 stills have showed a new character. So this is why some fans didnt feel anything at all (and I read that on a spanish boart too)

Well we know, for some fans, there's nothing that can satisfy them.:o

We are getting the trailer this Tuesday, and I'm amused some of you are still whining. Its not like we are already 2 weeks away from the theaterical release of the movie.

its not about dropping OT stars, its about balance, showing familiar and new characters at the same time.

to please fans and give non fans something new to get their attention. Thats what some of this promotional stuff is missing, and its important, since this movie should appeal to MANY non fans.

But if they're going to drop a six-second tease, it has to be familiar to anyone watching it, because there's no time to introduce anything else in such a quick promo. The idea is to get the fans wound up to create bigger buzz for a full trailer, which they've succeeded in doing.

They have gotten people's attention. I was out with some work friends last night, and plenty of them were talking about that teaser video, and a few were like :wow: over the idea of both casts in the same movie.

No I just mean if you are trying to get a big audience you show off the people they first watched and then gradually introduce new characters. They are the some of the biggest names in hollywood which is why they are in the teaser, I know anna is famous but still not on the level of hugh and halle. to me it just makes sense to have the big names in the teaser as its just to create buzz for the film :yay:

Thats right! And as for the new characters, Bolivar Trask has a lot of exposure with the rival site and there's a new picture of him. And i'm pretty sure that FOX will showcase the new characters in the trailer like what they did in the CC footage and seeing FOX's marketing for the previous X-Men movies, they will bombard the TV spots/upcoming trailers with power displays from different mutants. It won't always be Prof X/Mystique/Wolverine/Beast/Magneto.

All I can say is that this better be good if they want my money. I'll give the teaser/trailer a fair shake on Tuesday. Hopefully Singer has learned to hold back his allegorical heavy handedness and play it subtle, which has always kept me from really enjoying this franchise as much as I ought to(amongst other problems I have with them like the most screwed up continuity imaginable).

All I can say is that this better be good if they want my money. I'll give the teaser/trailer a fair shake on Tuesday. Hopefully Singer has learned to hold back his allegorical heavy handedness and play it subtle, which has always kept me from really enjoying this franchise as much as I ought to(amongst other problems I have with them like the most screwed up continuity imaginable).

neil-degrasse-tyson-we-got-a-badass-over-here-gif.gif

But X-Men has never been a straight Superhero idea. The "allegorical heavy handedness" will always be there.

I'm not surprise hearing this from you.

- - - TRAILER COUNTDOWN - - -

2 DAYS left!!!

:xmen: :xmen:

The trailer is out in two days?! I didn't know that.

I can understand what you are saying. So far, it has all been about familiar faces.

There weren't any new characters, and not much action, but it was a good set-up for the story.

In contrast, the Captain America teaser was action-packed and created a sense of excitement on a pretty epic scale, but I can't even remember what the story is about.

I'm still very excited about DoFP (I am an X maniac after all) and I hope they do show some dynamic, exciting footage and introduce the new characters as we move towards the release date.

I liked the Cap trailer. It surprised me in terms of scope, and the Redford plot seems to be a good one, and its always great to have big names like him on the Marvel movies.

I liked Falcon few shots, I have the feeling his action will be pretty pretty cool. and The hellicarrier shots were really heavy

On other hand, on X-Men snippet didnt gave me anything new and fresh. So I have to wait for full trailer to have great feelings again after all these months. The last time I was f**** excited was when Singer confirmed Quicksilver, and later Havok. So... lets hope I have similar feelings with the trailer.

fingers crossed!

This trailer only needs one thing to impress and sell me. Sentinels. If it has X-Men fighting Sentinels, I'm set. No need to show me anything more.

If I was to sell a teaser of the flick.... I would start with with a wide landscape of the future looking like hell, then panning to a scared mutant trying to hide. Maybe see the classic poster from the comic, hanging in an alley or something. Sentinel shows up to attack said mutant, X-Men character jumps in, uses powers, group shot and roll title/release date. Guess thats pretty much just part of the intro to Wolverine and The X-Men but I would be sold on seeing something like that. I liked when teasers actually teased.

Last edited:
the trailer will likely be like the comic con with extra footage, so it will basically explain the story like the Comic Con one, "so i wake up in my younger body then what?" then bunch of back and forth clips, probably a few new shots of characters (whether they are using powers or not who knows) and probably a clear shot of a sentinel right at the end of the trailer

its safe to say this movie will have some awesome shots in terms of special effects and action, because advances in technology and singer has the budget for it so at some point whether its in this trailer or the next we will see some big shots, might not be group sentinel action like people are hoping for, i still think thats in doubt, but there will be some big action with each character

Last edited:
Yeah, Im sure it will be similar. Would be an odd move if we don't get at least one shot of a Sentinel though. We already know what they look like, so it's not like they are this unknown surprise. They are obviously a part of their advertising campaign and should also be a strong selling point as an adversary to the X-Men to the audience that doesn't care about all the viral marketing.

Last edited:
I don't understand the complents "The stills didn't show me anything new"

This film Is X-Men's answer to avengers.The key characters are both versions
of Xavier and Magneto,Wolverine,Mystique,Beast,and Trask.

There was a still released of Trask who Is only new character with key role.

Most of new mutants are likely not large sized characters,Bishop and Quicksilver
are likely to have most screentime of new mutants since those actors were
Important enough for Bryan singer to tweet.Obviously Storm,Kitty,Iceman,and
Rogue are important to film but not as large roles as Xavier,Magneto,Wolverine,
Mystique,Beast,and Trask.

Even if this is simply the comic con preview i will be excited.To see that whole preview and clearly will be great.

this trailer isn't just for fans who look for leaked trailers this is for casual audiences who going to see thor and they get to see this trailer and think hey this looks good, the extra footage is for the fans interest probably

i'm only guessing from trailers these days that we will see a shot of a sentinel at the end, my guess is the 2 xavier talking to each other like in the comic con teaser "we need you to hope again" then the title X-men: days of future past will show on the screen then a cool shot of a sentinel looking down at a mutant then flash to release date

as for what characters will show in the trailer... i dunno they may wanna show as many characters as possible hoping least one will grab someones attention

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"