Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's its own universe, but it's faithful.

Well fraley is coming back for the crossover with the Nick and 80s turtles hell they even got the real original voice actors back so that's one thing already better than turtles forever

I can't recommend the idw comics enough though one of if not the best version of tmnt Ive ever seen

I love the Nicktoons cartoon. Its incredible.

Is it still on tv, or is it finished?

And is the 2003 available on DVD as a complete set? I can only find DVD's with a few episodes.
season 4 currently ongoing.

Amazon just has the entire first season as a box set. The rest, in parts, are sold separately.

YES! Krang confirmed. AND IT'S SIMILAR TO THE 80'S CARTOON VERSION! Thanks, Bay!

[YT]5VpUTb3Ex_8[/YT]

A movie about "Ninja" turtles and not one martial arts move in the TV spot lol.

It looks like the climatic (I'm guessing) fight happens on a rooftop or at least high up again.

A couple of quick screen grabs. I'm sure someone will do better ones soon, and also I don't know how to make gifs.

Im 100% convinced knoxville aint leo anymore.

I actually laughed when I saw the face of his robot.

I'll give them credit, the CGI on the turtles looks much better than TMNT1. I mean, I still hate the designs, but at least the CGI looks more polished...

Not convinced about the effects of Krang or Bebop/Rocksteady, but time will tell.

Well fraley is coming back for the crossover with the Nick and 80s turtles hell they even got the real original voice actors back so that's one thing already better than turtles forever

I can't recommend the idw comics enough though one of if not the best version of tmnt Ive ever seen

Yeah, I highly recommend the IDW comic. I will say, it is the definitive version of the Turtles. And not just because they are drawing in stuff from EVERYTHING (Mirage, 80's toon, 2k3 toon, Archie comics, even Fast Forward). The new origins adds a LOT to the mythos of the Turtles. And they cemented this Shredder as my favorite in #50.

This has got to be the WORST advertisement for anything TMNT related I've ever seen.

The part where Raphael gets flattened on the airplane wind shield like a wile coyote cartoon complete with his tongue sticking out and being slowly smeared off is something that ever the dumbest episode of the 80s series would haver have pulled.

I must admit in the first trailer I was iffy on the turtle truck being used like the pizza thrower toy but figured it was a nice nod to the toy and something that the new animated series might do and that it didn't veer too much into goofy territory to be off putting but the mechanical arms just like no TMNT vehicle has ever had is way too much. Again none of the animated have ever drifted this far into goofy territory. We're way beyond "TMNT isn't Shakespeare territory" anyone who wants a movie to even be slightly good is on to a loser.

Also how original for them to basically repeat the first movie's boss battle but replace an over the top albeit nicely rendered Shredder with an over the top and badly rendered Krang. I guess when it comes to looking at the source material for inspiration for story they looked at the first movie and that was it.

But hey Bebop and Rocksteady look great. Turn a blind eye to literally everything else and this doesn't look like a disaster waiting to happen. I hate to say this but I wise Jonathan Liebesman was directing this. The marginal amount of clout he had would have stopped all this, it looks way worse the first movie and that's not factoring in the bland Casey that they cooked up and Vern sub plot that no one wants.

Last edited:
It's cool to see the cartoon stuff in real life, I'll give them that. I wonder if the technodrome will have the huge eyeball on top.

That was awesome. :funny:
Run DMC and now Beastie Boys?!
I'm LOVING the music choices so far. :atp:
This is exactly the sort of stuff I wanted from the last movie.

Krang and his robot body look fantastic from what I can see.

The positive hype is outwieghing the negative hype for this. Even on youtube and facebook where trolls and haters are well known to converge. That's a good sign, this film is gonna make be another BO hit. Unfortunately that won't change the critics minds.

They'll probably still give it like 5% on RT.

This looks really fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back