• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Television on the Radio

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
I have a station on my car radio, 87.7, that occasionally comes in clear (other times its so staticky that you can't hear a thing) and it plays Fox. Whatever is on the TV channel at the time. I have listened to the Simpsons while pulling into the San Diego Comic Con, I have listened to South Park while parking at Best Buy. There is also a channel that gets USA, but that comes in less frequently and isn't the best anyways.

But I think all TV channels could make huge profits if they did this. If TV channels would broadcast their channels, their shows, on the radio people driving could listen to them. Imagine, if the station's reception came in, driving a two hour drive on the freeway listening to a TV show. It would give listeners another option than music or talk radio. It would sort of be like old radio shows like Superman or the Shadow. Even the sponsors would be happy because the commercials would play too.

I, for one, would love to have TV stations on the radio and be able to listen to the Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, Family Guy, the Daily Show, 30 Rock, whatever, while driving.

Last edited:
This is not a good idea.I'd like to see and hear what I'm watching.

Last edited:
Let me try this again. I don't think TV could work on the Radio because on TV there are a lot of silent parts where u see them doing stuff on your TV. If it was on the Radio I just don't think u can tell that because all you would get is silence. It would just be odd to me.

Last edited:
I am not saying that networks should sink a BUNCH of money into this. Just buy a station or whatever, and do whatever Fox is doing right now on station 87.7 just with better reception. True some jokes are visual, but I am also not suggestion everyone go back to listening to the radio instead of TV. I just mean on a long drive, maybe during a time you might be missing your show (like when I was driving into comic con) you can listen to it instead. I just think it would be a nice alternative that would require little effort on the stations parts and might be profitable.

During a long ride into San Diego (right now if the reception is good enough) you could listen to That 70s Show at 4, then South Park at 5, then the Simpsons at 6, and then the Office at 7. If the other stations would broadcast their stations as well you would you could flip around until you found a show you would want to listen to.
To me I find listening to shows, sometimes, more interesting and keeping my attention, and helping pay closer attention to the road, more than music. Especially if I can't find any thing good playing.

There use to be radios made for picking up tv stations. Last time I heard about those it was back in the 1980's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"