Telltale's The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which episode are we up to now? I've only played the 1st of season 2.

I disagree with this. Jane clearly cares about AJ as shown by the scene where Clementine lets her hold him and she instantly softens up.

Never-the-less, the fact that everyone has such differing takes on the characters (based on how Clem reacted and their reactions to Clem) shows how well Telltale did in crafting this game. The ending may not have been as emotional as season one's (but what really could be?) but I love how ambiguous and gray it is. Perfect representation of the world of The Walking Dead.

Oh, absolutely. I love that the game gave us THAT choice at the end, and then other big choices after that. It really felt that Clementine is a character that is created based on how you play her. Season 2 wasn't about the different outcomes that happen, but rather the different choices you make and the words you say to make Clementine your character. This season was about the character Clementine is growing up to be. Episode 5 really succeeded at driving that point home.

Of course Season 2 couldn't match the emotional heights of Season 1, and I'm glad that Telltale didn't attempt to do that. Season 2 really is a beast of its own.

Basically, and that's what is the most powerful point of these games, Lee and Clementine become who YOU are!
I'm more of an emotional person...and that reflected in Lee and Clem in each season.

They became people that I am in personality. I don't do it like some players, they do what's best for their character...I do what is best for others. That's a person I am in life and that reflected in every single decision I made in that game.

I was watching Pewdiepie playing these games and he did exactly what I did because you can easily tell he's an emotional person...I cried when both Lee and Kenny died. When I shot them both.
The games sucks YOU 100% in.

Clementine's ending and my favourite ending, where she leaves with Kenny, is exactly my feelings if I was in that position. I couldn't bare to abandon him, because I felt sorry for the guy and I grew attached to him.

The first ending where I shot Kenny? I did it and regretted it and got emotional. Then I told Jane to **** herself. Because I couldn't find it in myself to forgive her.
How could you forgive someone who does an act like that?

This isn't just a game. It's a test of YOU and if people don't feel that way, then they don't see the heart of the game.

Just finished episode 1 and dang, they went and killed [BLACKOUT]Omid [/BLACKOUT]within the first 5 minutes. He was easily one of the better character from season 1. [BLACKOUT]Christa [/BLACKOUT]is the only left from that original gang and [BLACKOUT]she [/BLACKOUT]is the one I couldn't stand

Dang you also cant even trust the [BLACKOUT]doggies. I was shocked when that greedy beast attacked me. I just left it there to die. [/BLACKOUT]I didn't get the point of killing him since his fate seemed sealed anyway

Outside of choosing to help Christa, my choices seemed quite opposite of what the majority did

I have to say that scene of Clem[BLACKOUT] stitching herself up [/BLACKOUT]had to be the hardest scene to watch in this entire series. I cant believe they had us watch her go through the actual motions of it. Im squeamish when it comes to that stuff so I had to look away as I did the button prompts. Last time I recall a videogame doing this to me was Heavy Rain during the self mutilation scenes

My thoughts on Kenny/the ending/etc

I killed Kenny. I stand by that decision. I've watched the Wellington ending and frankly, I don't see it as preferable. Kenny is a good man. But he is so desperate to get it right, to get a win, that he would send Clementine and the baby behind some giant wall of mystery all to gratify his own ego. There is no guarantee that Wellington is a good place. It seems nice, but so did Woodsbury. Yes, the people seemed nice on the surface. So did the Governor. Point is, we have no idea what Wellington is but Kenny sends Clem and Alvin in there all so he could be right and get a win.

Kenny is a loose cannon. Remember how quickly he would turn on Lee? Endanger the whole group? Kenny's actions are what ultimately led to Lilly snapping and killing Carlie. Kenny shoved her right off the deep end. **** seems to follow Kenny because of his temper. He doesn't think, he causes trouble, then he begs for forgiveness. Jane was right. Kenny is a little bit of power away from becoming Carver. Did Jane manipulate the situation? Sure. But I don't think her intention was to kill Kenny. I think a bad situation got out of hand for her.

In the end, I let Clem take control of her own fate. She went with Jane, but even with Jane, it is very clear that the dynamic had changed. In the Kenny ending, Kenny is still very much in control (Kenny needs to be in control, to control Lee, to control Clem, to control Jane...it is the story of Kenny and why he is so dangerous in a world with no control). In Jane's ending, on the other hand, Clem is the dominant one. We went to Carver's compound and started over. We let the family in...yes, that makes the ending a bit ambiguous as to their intentions, but my thought was, "What would Lee do?" So yeah, I feel like in the end of the Jane ending, Clem takes control of her own fate and decides to live on her terms...no more turning people away. Clem can build her own community.

That's exactly what I did, for pretty much the same reasons.

I kept Jane around, simply for the fact that I didn't want Clementine alone with that baby in a zombie-infested blizzard. I don't trust Jane, but I know she wouldn't abandon them, at least not then, and that she'd probably do all she could to protect the.. We went back into Carver's and I had Clem let the family in. I feel like I'm trying to save this kid from becoming a monster, so I wouldn't let her turn that family away and just hoped it worked out. I'd rather take the chance than turn them away.

I shot Kenny as well. He was dangerous, and he was only going to get worse from here, to the point where he'd be more likely to get them all killed. He'd lost too much, and there was no fixing everything he was angry at. I didn't like to do it, but at that point it looked almost like mercy.

I thought the episode ended pretty abruptly, but it was probably the most intense chapter of this season. I don't feel as drained as I did by the end of the last season, but I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

I don't think this season was quite as good as the first. Not necessarily because it didn't deliver the emotional gut punches but because it felt uneven and aimless at times. I feel like there should have been more time devoted to Carver and his compound rather than doing that whole arc within a single episode. Still really good and a very solid finale.

Just finished Episode 2 and it was fantastic! Felt much more longer than Episode 1. Probably bc so much seemed to happen

[BLACKOUT]Was shocked to see Kenny! I know some speculated that he was alive based on the trailers but when I started ep 1, I just assumed that was a red herring for Nick. I saw some comments of people hating on Kenny but Im sympathetic towards and had Clementine represent that bc Lee trusted him with her life. I also thought the "I thought you were dead" line from the previews was about Nick

I have to say I wasn't too trusting of Walter bc he seemed too nice. Ive learned not to trust anyone bc most seem nice at first. So were he and Matthew lovers? They didn't outright say it but him calling Matt his partner would seem to suggest that as I don't think he meant it as someone he works with

Bonnie....ugh! Cant stand her. I actually feel compelled to play 400 Days again as I don't recall her story or most of those characters to be honest[/BLACKOUT]

God damn, I just finished this game. It's definitely the darkest game I've ever played. But it didn't make me cry like the first game, though I got teary eyed during
the short dream with Lee & when I said good bye to Kenny at the gates. :csad:

I'll be sad if we don't get to play Clem again...my hope is she is a teen in the next season.

I think with all these multiple endings and interpretations,her story has come to a close. May be wrong though.

But I suppose they could lapse some time.

I think we're probably going to switch characters every season. [blackout] Clem can end up with totally different people in different parts of the country, I don't think there's any way for them to bring those story's together in a way that wouldn't come off as contrived. [/blackout]

I'd rather see a reboot and follow a different group during the start again.

Just finished up Episode 3. Throughout this, I told myself that the only two people I was truly loyal to were [BLACKOUT]Kenny and Luke[/BLACKOUT]. I really didn't care what happened to any of the other survivors, so I was fine with any decision I made as long as those two made it out okay.

When given the decision, I chose to leave instead of stay. I didn't see why it mattered if she stayed bc that character's fate was sealed anyway. I wanted Clem to retain some of her humanity and didn't want to turn her into a monster. I supported [BLACKOUT]Kenny's decision to kill Carver[/BLACKOUT], but I didn't need to have her watch it

I killed the walker instead of [BLACKOUT]chopping of Sarita's arm. I didn't even realize the latter was an option till it was too late. It all happened so fast and then the episode ended abruptly. Good riddance to Sarah. I kept going out of my way to protect her this episode despite not liking her but she's a liability. With her father gone, I don't feel compelled to babysit her anymore. I liked Carlos, so I have to admit, I was a bit saddened by his death[/BLACKOUT]

I really do think that [BLACKOUT]Christa[/BLACKOUT] will be the next character for Season 3. [BLACKOUT]There are too many unanswered questions regarding her whereabouts. I would even like to see her have a mid-season episode, much like 400 Days. I need to know what happened to her![/BLACKOUT]

That's exactly what I did, for pretty much the same reasons.

I kept Jane around, simply for the fact that I didn't want Clementine alone with that baby in a zombie-infested blizzard. I don't trust Jane, but I know she wouldn't abandon them, at least not then, and that she'd probably do all she could to protect the.. We went back into Carver's and I had Clem let the family in. I feel like I'm trying to save this kid from becoming a monster, so I wouldn't let her turn that family away and just hoped it worked out. I'd rather take the chance than turn them away.

I shot Kenny as well. He was dangerous, and he was only going to get worse from here, to the point where he'd be more likely to get them all killed. He'd lost too much, and there was no fixing everything he was angry at. I didn't like to do it, but at that point it looked almost like mercy.

I thought the episode ended pretty abruptly, but it was probably the most intense chapter of this season. I don't feel as drained as I did by the end of the last season, but I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

I did the same as you two, and I totally agree about everything. Some of those choices were terrible to make, but I know why I played that way. I did was I thought was right ^^

I agree, that episode was great. It had the one choice that made me feel the worst, which was[BLACKOUT] Ben's death[/BLACKOUT]. I don't think I've ever been more devastated by the death of a video game character before, largely because it was completely my own doing.

I hated Ben. He was worthless, stupid, ignorant guy who did nothing but run away and get people killed. when he pulled the axe out of the door in my game, my id was made up. A soon as the choice came, I let him die. I didn't even try to save him. He deserved what he got.

I saved him, but only because I thought that's what Lee would have done. I hated him as well.

I hated Ben. He was worthless, stupid, ignorant guy who did nothing but run away and get people killed. when he pulled the axe out of the door in my game, my id was made up. A soon as the choice came, I let him die. I didn't even try to save him. He deserved what he got.

nice-guys-finish-last.jpg

I saved Ben. Why?

Because I'm a nice guy...so I made Lee a nice guy :)

WD is a test of what kind of character you are.

I did what I felt...and all throughout...I was a self-righteous hero :p

this is the beauty of the game. Even if you want to, you can't always be a self-righteous hero.

this is the beauty of the game. Even if you want to, you can't always be a self-righteous hero.

True.

I made Lee have flaws. I made him do things that made him "human".
The first play through is always the best. Because that's when it 100% captures you.

Other playthroughs, I gave Lee flaws.
But on my first, I did the right thing for everybody. I did the right thing and I said the right thing. I went with those that were positive, without thinking twice.

It's not that I wanted Lee to be this way or that way in the first run. It was reflecting on the person that I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"