• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Terminator: Dark Fate

I sometimes wish I had seen Avatar in 3D in theaters but I watched it on video after renting it

I watched Avatar in IMAX 3D and while I was kind of bored by the plot at times, I was amazed by the 3D. It was one of the few times I have been.

I like Avatar. Not an original story but it's still good and I actually like some of the characters along with the sci-fi elements.

Overall though, yeah it's not all that great but not as bad as made out to be either

I am looking forward to the underwater stuff they're filming for Avatar 2.

You know what else was good 3D? Captain EO!

And to get back on track to Terminator, I am bummed I never got to see T2: Battle Across Time in 3D when it was at Universal Studios. :funny:

Random thought here, but I really liked the final confrontation, because I like it when the Terminators are starting to get damaged and you get that raw, horrific look on them which is something I always miss when watching these things. Probably one of the reasons why T2 is still my favorite, you get that T-1000 nightmarish looks whenever he gets shot with something big. They really could've done more with the Rev-9, easily the best Terminator villain since T2 (that also makes a bit more sense than the completely liquid metal).
Yes, I love that too. The gradual or sometimes more sudden progress over a film starting from a human look to parts being exposed, till we see more and more of the Terminator skull and exoskeleton underneath.

Okay?? He was talking about the movie, not about the potential trilogy they mapped out or anything like that.

Avatar is white bread from the $1 store... Cameron is as much of a hack now as the Terminator 3/Salvation/Genysis directors.

Yes, he was great... But, he hasn't been since Titanic.

He made one movie since Titanic. That movie became the highest grossing film of all time when it was released. To me a hack is someone who start making lots of garbage after a certain point. Calling a dude a hack because he made one movie you don't like is hardly a compelling argument

Is there zero chance that Cameron would ever make another Terminator?

According to TDF's Wikipedia entry,

'Projected losses for the motion picture studios involved in the film's creation following its wide release, are estimated at reaching $130 million.'

Man :(

'Projected losses for the motion picture studios involved in the film's creation following its wide release, are estimated at reaching $130 million.'

As someone who really enjoyed it, this blows... But not as much as the comments section of every single DF related video. Some genuinely over the top, ****ty behaviour going on there.

As someone who really enjoyed it, this blows... But not as much as the comments section of every single DF related video. Some genuinely over the top, ****ty behaviour going on there.
I was looking through some of the TDF reviews on IMDb the other day. Talk about vitriolic.

I would like to remind everyone....the title of this thread is
Terminator: Dark Fate
So.....if you want to make post after post discussing AVATAR....I suggest you go find or start a thread featuring that subject. Keep this thread on track discussing the latest TERMINATOR movie.

Weren't we talking about James Cameron?

You have to really wonder what made the studios think people still want Terminator movies.

I generally do not read the YouTube comments section for New Star Wars, Captain Marvel or Dark Fate videos :o

You have to really wonder what made the studios think people still want Terminator movies.
you need young kids for a big budget movie to make a profit. kids dont know who Cameron and Hamilton is. In my theater i only saw people above 30 years old. i would say somethnig between 30 and 50. The movie was an obvious bomb. I bet Cameron behind the scenes started this project to give his good friend Arnold and Tim Miller a job.

Well Joker is on its way to a billion, that didn’t exactly pull in the young kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"