WandaVision Teyonah Paris is Monica Rambeau

That's why she's more interesting than the comic version.
Then clearly you haven't read enough of her books :o

Monica is one of my favorites, so I couldn't have been more excited for her finally making her debut. And Paris nailed it so far. Super charismatic, I think she's definitely going to be one of the major standouts when all is said and done here. Can't wait to see her, Carol and Kamala all together in CM2!

Monica is one of my favorites, so I couldn't have been more excited for her finally making her debut. And Paris nailed it so far. Super charismatic, I think she's definitely going to be one of the major standouts when all is said and done here. Can't wait to see her, Carol and Kamala all together in CM2!
Yes, I really can’t wait for that. It would have seemed like a dream not so long ago but at this point it feels quite realistic and pretty much a no-brainer.

Yeah I'm really stoked for Kamala. In the comics she's my favorite of the 3, so I'm hoping Iman nails it.

I was watching the movie "Dear White People" last night and I noticed that the two main females (Teyonah and Tessa Thompson) are in the MCU and I am enjoying Tessa as Valkyrie.

Excited to see Monica interact with other Avengers in the MCU.

Speaking of SWORD, my original pick for Monica Rambeau (Naomie Harris) is someone I would love to see in the MCU. I have her as one of my picks for Abigail Brand.

Speaking of SWORD, my original pick for Monica Rambeau (Naomie Harris) is someone I would love to see in the MCU. I have her as one of my picks for Abigail Brand.

I'm glad it wasn't Naomie Harris as she looks nothing like that little girl from Captain Marvel whereas Teyonah looks almost exactly like the little girl grown up. Also I'm bored seeing Harris in Bond and am glad to get a fresh face.

I'm glad it wasn't Naomie Harris as she looks nothing like that little girl from Captain Marvel whereas Teyonah looks almost exactly like the little girl grown up. Also I'm bored seeing Harris in Bond and am glad to get a fresh face.

She was my choice pre-Captain Marvel.

Naomie would've been a good pick if it was like 8 years ago. However she may yet be a part of the MCU if it's true she's in Venom 2 and she doesn't get killed off. I know Venom isn't officially a part of the MCU, but what's happening with Spider-Man 3 makes it just a matter of time.

Brie is a very good actress but IMO Teyonah has presence and she's not even the lead of Wandavision. Wouldn't be surprised if Monica is a standout in CM2.

Honestly, is it wrong if I liked 20 minutes of Teyonah as Monica more than a full-blown film of Brie as Carol? I mean wow....what a debut. Looks like she’s going the way of RDJ, perfect from the get go. No need of a second or third appearance elsewhere to get her footing.

We’ll see what Iman brings but with Teyonah and Brie, (who most likely will get her footing in the sequel) Captain Marvel 2 is a total must-see at this point.

If Monica Rambeau has her powers in Captain Marvel 2, which costume would you like her to have?

I personally think this one looks the best and most iconic:

947e4e42d526a94563f9c9b12d614252.jpg

Don't really like this one:

Or this one:

https://******************.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/2019.03.12-02.39-******************-5c87c4b828965.png

Or this one either:

200px-Monica_Rambeu_Captain_Marvel.png

And which code name? Photon? Pulsar? Spectrum? I think Photon sounds the best out of those three. Hopefully they'll give her that one to honour her mother's call sign.
The black/white costume first, and then upgrade to the brown trenchcoat costume.

I don't think we'll see Monica in her legit superhero suit until Captain Marvel 2.

Teyonah's portrayal of Monica Rambeau has made me want to learn as much as I can about the character. I'm a 25+ year reader of X-Men comics and used to collect those Marvel cards so Ive known a little about Monica for years but have never read any comics with her. Seems like a super powerful character that's a straight up boss! Can't wait to see more of her in the MCU and can't wait for her to get her powers (kinda wish she came into the show already having her powers). How she got them in the comics was a little lame, the MCU can easily improve upon that.

Teyonah's portrayal of Monica Rambeau has made me want to learn as much as I can about the character. I'm a 25+ year reader of X-Men comics and used to collect those Marvel cards so Ive known a little about Monica for years but have never read any comics with her. Seems like a super powerful character that's a straight up boss! Can't wait to see more of her in the MCU and can't wait for her to get her powers (kinda wish she came into the show already having her powers). How she got them in the comics was a little lame, the MCU can easily improve upon that.
Yeah I really enjoy what I've read of Monica in the comics (I recommend Al Ewing's Ultimates book if you haven't read it yet), but one thing that's always felt underdeveloped with her was her origin story, imo. The way she got her powers felt like such a generic placeholder origin, so hopefully the MCU can do a little better.

Yeah I really enjoy what I've read of Monica in the comics (I recommend Al Ewing's Ultimates book if you haven't read it yet), but one thing that's always felt underdeveloped with her was her origin story, imo. The way she got her powers felt like such a generic placeholder origin, so hopefully the MCU can do a little better.
Well considering she grew up with a Scrull as a best friend and Captain Marvel as an auntie figure and considering she's been to space there was plenty if opportunity for way more creative ways to gift her her powers so I'm sure the MCU will take full advantage and improve upon that. Thanks for the reading recommendations I'll definitely check that out!!

I like Paris a lot as Monica so far, and I want to see her do more become Photon and what not. However, I don't really see this as a need to drag Brie Larson over it.

I do think they set up some unresolved tension between Monica and Carol. I sensed some resentment in this episode when Woo brought her up.

I have followed Teyonah's career since Mad Men and I am happy that she's hitting the role of Monica Rambeau out of the ballpark. As I have said before, it sounds like the role of Monica Rambeau in the MCU will be the role she's best known for. She'll be globally recognized for her role as Monica Rambeau as she transitions into the MCU movies.

The black/white costume first, and then upgrade to the brown trenchcoat costume.
Look at the shirt she has on in this behind the TVs. Black(ish) and white... then who knows what's on the centre tv but it could be something else too.
wandavision-monica-rambeau-poster.jpg

Anyone else like, seriously crushing on Teyonah right now? Good Lord. Love her character and she is eye candy. Hot damn.

I don't know, I feel like it works, or at least *can* work. People get powers in the Marvel Universe from all kinds of random stupid accidents all the time, and of widely varying power levels. "Comparatively ordinary good hearted person has a radiation accident and hits the super power lottery jackpot" is something you can use. "Great power, great responsibility" on a planetary scale.

Not that this is especially relevant to MCU Monica, yes. She obviously already is a super agent with ties to various weirdness.

Monica totally has her powers already, though she doesn't know it. Blank x-ray? Either she absorbed all the x-rays or else she's a sack of undifferentiated energy that is shaped like a human, or perhaps both. Looks like getting thwacked with cosmic energy right through a reality warping field has consequences. *ahem*

I don't know, I feel like it works, or at least *can* work. People get powers in the Marvel Universe from all kinds of random stupid accidents all the time, and of widely varying power levels. "Comparatively ordinary good hearted person has a radiation accident and hits the super power lottery jackpot" is something you can use. "Great power, great responsibility" on a planetary scale.

Not that this is especially relevant to MCU Monica, yes. She obviously already is a super agent with ties to various weirdness.

Monica totally has her powers already, though she doesn't know it. Blank x-ray? Either she absorbed all the x-rays or else she's a sack of undifferentiated energy that is shaped like a human, or perhaps both. Looks like getting thwacked with cosmic energy right through a reality warping field has consequences. *ahem*

Or as someone else mentioned on this forum.....

Monica's blank X-ray could be the result of her just coming back from being snapped by Thanos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"