Superman II Thanks To Richard Donner & Company For Superman 2: Director's Cut

I do enjoy the Donner cut overall though. Love the bit where Zod takes the machine gun and starts wasting soldiers with that grin on his face. .

In the RIC cut, Zod shoots the soldiers without a grin on his face. Mercilessly. Even better.

could it have been better, sure, but having the donner cut is awesome and i apreciate it so much. the only thing it is missing is the ally way shirt rip.

* Remove the "turning the Earth back" 2.0 scene and cut straight to the rematch with Rocky at the diner. Returning the Superman/Clark/Lois dynamic back to the way it was after going to all that effort to throw a new twist into it just cheapens it - it would have been more interesting and provided the human element of her knowing and the two of them trying to find a way to make their relationship work in the wake of that.

I just watched the Donner cut the other night, and I feel the same way. The new cut would have benefited from just cutting straight to the diner scene after Superman kisses Lois in the Fortress of Solitude, and then ending it with Superman going to the White House. Lois finding out Superman's identity really isn't a problem that needed to be fixed.

I've gotta ask, as someone who ISNT a big fan of the Donner movies, would the Superman II Donner Cut be worth a watch for someone like me?

I've gotta ask, as someone who ISNT a big fan of the Donner movies, would the Superman II Donner Cut be worth a watch for someone like me?

I'll tell you this much: it is not a finished movie. It's more of a curiosity for fans. nevertheless the scenes with Brando are very good. The dialogues between Jor-El and Kal-El are great, specially when discussing why Superman should/should not give up his powers. And the scene where he gets his powers back. But it's not a finished movie you can watch without noticing many flaws. It gives you some idea of how could a Donner's SII have been.

^Ah right, not sure now then, thanks though El Payaso, this means I probably WONT enjoy it very much.

Yes, it is flawed. The pace is all off, and Thau just should've called Stuart Baird to do this with. But even so, its STILL the better SII, simple because of what it might've been.

Thank you WB for bringing this project to life after almost 30 years. Thank you Michael Thau for caring for it enough to see it through (and your docus are pretty good, too ;). And thank you Richard Donner for this wonderful gift to us fans.

PS: I'm not a plant.

I just watched the Donner cut the other night, and I feel the same way. The new cut would have benefited from just cutting straight to the diner scene after Superman kisses Lois in the Fortress of Solitude, and then ending it with Superman going to the White House. Lois finding out Superman's identity really isn't a problem that needed to be fixed.
In the end, yeah, thats exactly what they should've done. Either than or the memory kiss, and either one is better than a repeat of STM's ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"