Sequels Thanos' bare hand

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
Can we talk about this guy's hand for a minute? Very human don't you think? And not a lot purple. Just curious...

2reir9i.jpg

Thanos was born an (in)human. There's comics that show Thanos as a child with his brother Eros, and both are just as "normal" looking and white as yer average garden-variety Caucasian. It's only when the Deviant gene started setting in that Thanos started changing, while Eros (Starfox) remained "normal" on the evolutionary charts.

But yeah, the camera's focus on the hand is definitely intentional. That's Thanos' Gauntlet hand, and Joss is pointing out that the Mad Titan is not wearing it. Yet.

I wonder if the Gauntlet's presence in Odin's vault will be addressed in Thor: The Dark World.

I don't understand the deal with the hand, how its so small.

Because if you actually watch the HD clip, right before they show his hand, after the other speaks, (in that zoomed out view) If you look at the Throne, you can see Thanos' gold shoulder harness peaking through, and you can actually see his entire right arm move. His arm certainly does not look small at all, it seems pretty damn bulky to me, which is a good thing. However, looking at the hand when it zooms in, it seems pretty unproportional

Thanos was born an (in)human. There's comics that show Thanos as a child with his brother Eros, and both are just as "normal" looking and white as yer average garden-variety Caucasian. It's only when the Deviant gene started setting in that Thanos started changing, while Eros (Starfox) remained "normal" on the evolutionary charts.

But yeah, the camera's focus on the hand is definitely intentional. That's Thanos' Gauntlet hand, and Joss is pointing out that the Mad Titan is not wearing it. Yet.

I don't understand the deal with the hand, how its so small.

Because if you actually watch the HD clip, right before they show his hand, after the other speaks, (in that zoomed out view) If you look at the Throne, you can see Thanos' gold shoulder harness peaking through, and you can actually see his entire right arm move. His arm certainly does not look small at all, it seems pretty damn bulky to me, which is a good thing. However, looking at the hand when it zooms in, it seems pretty unproportional

Yeah, between the five seconds we see of the guy his face and shoulder look fine, its his hand that throws me off. Large purple face, average sized flesh-colored hand. Not really sure whats goin on.

I thought that was The Other's hand, but now I notice, no second thumb unless it is obscured by the rest of his hand.

I think that can change.I'm not sure if Thanos got his certain design for the next movie yet. Designs are changing in movies.

i just hope he keeps the chair. a gif i made

thanos.gif

Does anyone know which planet is the one in the background? And for it to be in that condition, is it a bite from Galactus?

I think that can change.I'm not sure if Thanos got his certain design for the next movie yet. Designs are changing in movies.

Only thing I'm worried about is them getting an actor for the role. I don't want to see a guy wearing prosthetics. I would rather they use motion capture. His face was just about perfect in the after credits scene.

Only thing I'm worried about is them getting an actor for the role. I don't want to see a guy wearing prosthetics. I would rather they use motion capture. His face was just about perfect in the after credits scene.

That's what I am freakin saying. Prosthetics on his face, but motion capture for his body. I feel a complete "actor" thanos would be very underwhelming. We'd need someone bigger than Hemsworth, and who can act.

That's what I am freakin saying. Prosthetics on his face, but motion capture for his body. I feel a complete "actor" thanos would be very underwhelming. We'd need someone bigger than Hemsworth, and who can act.

His face at the end of Avengers was all CGI right?

His face at the end of Avengers was all CGI right?

Wrong actually. That was daimon porter in full makeup and prosthetics...hold on a sec, I will post some pictures of the prosthetics, I take it you haven't seen these..

edit: here we go, this is the concept art, it looks good, but I think that body we see here may need to be CGI, simply because of Thanos' size/height
tumblrmb8oaeiolz1qli6yq.jpg

The prosthetics used
tumblrmb8oaeiolz1qli6yq.jpg

and again, I think this one looks fantastic
Avengers-Thanos-Cover1-e1349827520413.jpg

Last edited:
His design could always change.

Gollum was tweaked from Fellowship of the Ring to Two Towers.

All we have so far is a face. So if the mo cap his body, it wouldn't exactly be a change, since that is where they would start.

In terms of his face, there is no reason for them to not do prosthetics to some extent. He looks great, especially in that last shot. I do think his eyes should be black with red pupils, but other than that, I think he looks great. His texture, the chin, he looks great. I'm just more worried about his bulk and height.

They dont need mo cap to make him bigger/taller. And they dont need to make him as bulky as he is in most of the comics. In fact, it would be cool if he had more or less standard human proportions but was 7 to 8 feet tall. The concept art plus the prosthetics should work. But they need to hire a legit actor.

They dont need mo cap to make him bigger/taller. And they dont need to make him as bulky as he is in most of the comics. In fact, it would be cool if he had more or less standard human proportions but was 7 to 8 feet tall. The concept art plus the prosthetics should work. But they need to hire a legit actor.

That would be kind of lame. I like his bulky size from the comics. Giving him a human like physique wouldn't make him look all that imposing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"