Sequels What if Thanos isn't the villain in Avengers 3?

To be honest it's all confirmed it will be Thanos.
Just wana know after number 3 what will they do then?
I fear the day of a bad Avengers movie and would be sad to see a shifting roster.
Always dread that

How do you make the battle against Thanos (a CGI character) have the same grounded emotional impact as something like Daredevil or Civil War?

Thats a big obstacle.

Nice what if, but won't happen. They wouldn't be building up Thanos like this through all these movies if they had no intention to come through.

How do you make the battle against Thanos (a CGI character) have the same grounded emotional impact as something like Daredevil or Civil War?

Thats a big obstacle.

The same way Disney did it with Davy Jones in Pirates films. It can be done, it's not like Brolin won't be on set with dots on his face acting alongside them.

I feel like Thanos will inevitably disappoint after all this build up.

I just don't know what they would do to make it worth so many years of hype, especially since their villains are often lackluster.

He'd need to be iconic on the levels of Darth Vader, Joker, etc to be worth all this teasing and I don't know if they have it in them.

I feel like Thanos will inevitably disappoint after all this build up.

I just don't know what they would do to make it worth so many years of hype, especially since their villains are often lackluster.

He'd need to be iconic on the levels of Darth Vader, Joker, etc to be worth all this teasing and I don't know if they have it in them.

Well it's the Russos, Markus, and McFeeley handling him, so I have no doubt he'll be done right.

From their recent interviews, they seem to understand that Thanos is not some generic overlord character like Darkseid, he's a complex, philosophical, and, even, relatable villain with human motivations behind his psyche and machinations.

They often reference Starlin and "trippy" when they discuss who Thanos is, which tells me, that he was be as layered in the films as he is in Starlin's work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"