That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats everyone's thoughts for tonight's Raw.

We gonna get Brock on mic to talk about why he F5'd Vince, some Brock/Punk interaction, Heymans plans finally coming together/falling apart.

A Rock/Cena promo where Cena will ramble for 15mins then end by shouting for awhile.

Originally Posted by TheFuture
I'd be curious to know how McMahon and Lesnar actually get on, given how pervy Vince was in the past towards Brock's wife.

I can't imagine they are the best of friends, Future, but I can imagine business being something that lets them sit down and be civil. That probably takes priority and since both like money they probably have some professional respect for each other. Vince knows what Brock brings to the table and Brock knows Vince offers one of the best platforms for him to make a living.

As for the Sable thing? I can't imagine many men like the thought of some other dude all over his wife like that even if it was before they got together but Brock's got to know that was (mostly) business. They are part actors and actors have to do that stuff sometime. If Vince wanted to do that now though? Brock might go Randy Savage on him. :funny:

Originally Posted by bullets
I had no problem with the match-up but I'm not a fan of the "See you at the Rumble / Wrestlemania/ Name a PPV next year" approach. It causes a lot of problems and kills momentum. Lazy doesn't even begin to cover it when it comes to WWE's problem with building new stars.

I agree. I don't think it needed a year long buildup from the time the match was made. That was just part of the hype machine. From the time of the actual announcment to the actual match it could have been six months and done just as much business. Like you said Cena had a really hard time keeping the momentum of the feud going for large chunks of time when it was only him there selling it. A lot of the time it just felt like Cena was just killing time with bad pointless angles on Raw and PPV even when they were designed to make him look good.

Originally Posted by The Apocalypse
What bigger picture was Rock talking about. He has to be talking out of his ass.

Careful, man...some people around here would say you are spewing stuff. Not me though. :cwink: Only big picture I can see so far is more money for Vince, Cena, and Rock, and another creatively pointless Cena run. And maybe another creatively pointless Rock run down the road.

Originally Posted by The Sage
JC’s Top Rope Report: The WWE, Wrestlemania, & The Need To Look At The Long Term

Great article. He makes a lot of strong logical points supported by history. People say every year that Wrestlemania helps all the talents when you have older stars hogging the spotlight and celebrity/media participation. It USED to be true but Mania has been used so piss poorly to make new stars over the last 8 years that its a joke. They've forgotten how to implement the formula but they expect the same results.

It all goes back to how business is being done right now. Nobody can say Punk isn't ready but WWE refuses to totally put the machine behind him or give him the ball to see if he could REALLY score big. Sure he's been champion for over a year but he was almost always second fiddle; The PG era Randy Savage. But even Savage got more support from the WWE machine.

Originally Posted by Zanham
Anyone else think Punk's reign was just to get the audience ready for a 2 year or more Cena reign?

I think he may get a long reign (maybe even a year...but I doubt it) but 2 years reigns are pretty much unheard of in this day in age. The audience just doesn't have that kind of patience or attention span anymore. Even WWE knows that would get stale. The last time they even came close to sustaining ANYTHING directly and nonstop for 2 years was the build up to HHH vs Batista, Michaels/Undertaker rivalry, HHH/Taker and the Shawn Michaels/Triple H rivalry. Even those had down periods and breaking up points. Rock vs Cena would be another one but that was even more broken up and had more backburner points than HBK vs HHH. A title run is pretty much front and center all the time.

If anything Cenas run could be shorter. Hogans later runs became shorter and shorter and like Hogan by the early 90's Cena is getting older and has more wear and tear on him. They may want to conserve him by not having him do extremely long title runs becaue the commitment is a heavy one.

Originally Posted by Hunter Rider
Agreed, it's not really getting any heat either as the crowd seem to find it dull and corny. I'd love to see how he could evolve with Heyman guiding him, I see it being similar to when he managed Rude.

A good manager could do wonders for him. Even a female one on the level of a Melina could make some difference. If Cesaro had a Heenan he'd be a major IC or US champ by now.

Punk is too much of a pro to do that, but if Taker can't work I'd book him vs Dolph, just have them both complain that they aren't on the card and then have Vickie book it. Even as heel vs heel it would still work as both are so over and the NY crowd will eat it up.

And they could easily EASILY steal the show ala Steamboat/Savage. That could do a lot for both of them. More than working with Miz would.

Originally Posted by bullets
I watched Bullet to the Head yesterday. You would think Jason Momoa was a former wrestler the way he tossd people around. I'd like to see him and Rock face off in an action film.

Its a shame his turn as Conan didn't work out for him. Conan 2011 wasn't as good as Dredd but much like Urban/Dredd I would have liked to have seen more of Momoa as Conan.

Originally Posted by The Sage
Sting was recently interviewed by WrestleShark for their latest podcast. Here are some highlights.

Sting's loyalty with the company: The group of men and women under the TNA roof, the fans, the brand, I just feel content here. The home has been good here; Dixie Carter, the Carter family have been great to work with over the years and Dixie is very persuasive.

Why he keeps returning every year: "Dixie was very persuasive. Being willing to make it right in terms of scheduling, the time on the road, of course money is an issue, it just all came together. And I love the brand...that’s all there is to it. It was like a now or never moment for me.”

On TNA becoming a household name: I think if we go out on the road there is a lot of potential for that to happen.

On being the first inductee into the TNA Hall of fame: Very humbling...because there are so many other guys, the Samoa Joes, the A.J. Styles, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Jeff Jarrett, who were here before I was. They helped build a foundation for this company," Sting said. "I was kind of like ‘am I being put out to pasture here or what?’ [laughs] plus I’m an active wrestler. So it seems kind of weird to be inducted into the Hall of Fame while you’re still working.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/361934851.php

Thats a class interview by a class star. I respect how he put over TNA guys like AJ, Joe, Roode, etc. all while being humble about his induction.

Originally Posted by Zanham
I'm usually indifferent towards them but... I hate everything about this Super Bowl from their accused murder, to S.F's stupid media sensation QB to the stupid dueling brothers of the two teams. I hate every story about this Super Bowl and the whole thing reecks of exploitation upon a vast multitude of many peoples of many walks.

They're telling the criminals they can win, but they won't allow that thru their 'teamwork.' OR just telling people any of a slew of mixed messages there.

They're telling the brothers to duel, divide and conquer.

They're telling the huge underdog he can beat all the odds, but he really can't.

This Super Bowl is nothin' but a death trap and it's fitting that the lights went out because that's what that whole damn scheme thinks they are doing to the masses. Only thing I'm looking forward to is the game ending so I can take it out with my trash.

Yeah, I kinda want it all shut down to be honest. I mean - those people are all 'entertainers' but I don't think anyone is entertained by any of it anymore except the people who can't speak full english or the young and impressionable. And the impression these modern 'entertainers' and performers must be leaving on the youth - my god, now I know why my instincts didn't lead me to have kids at this time - this **** is horrible for youth to see. I wouldn't have and I still don't and i never will want any offspring I ever have have to deal with any of the current garbage this country is being exposed to until they are at least, fully grown.
Amen.

Originally Posted by Pink Ranger
I really admire DDP for his yoga evangelism. If more wrestlers were open to yoga, especially in their active prime, a lot of careers would have gone differently.

I really do think he could help lots of wrestlers. Especially the guys with back problems. Imagine if someone like DDP was around for Davey Boy Smith when he first hurt his back?

Originally Posted by NDX
Seeing it again, that just looks stupid.

He's no Hawk thats for sure. Stuff like that is par for the course for those movies though.

This was the time period when I was a BIG fan of The Rock.

He had so much spark back then. But I imagine thats easier for any wrestler to have when they are young and hungry for it. Not so much when you have achieved everything there is to achieve.

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of it either, the thing is imagine the energy it would give the match? I doubt there is a single fan who doesn't think Cena is gonna win and it's possible, being in NY, that they'll choose to crap on both guys.

Yeah smart crowds like that..its hard to predict what they'll do. Even if Punk does go into a triple threat as a heel that NY area crowd might cheer Punk and boo the sh** out of Rock and Cena. Cena would probably get more but then again who can say. It may be one of many reasons Punk is being kept out of it. It wouldn't be the kind of reaction Vince wants for his company made golden boys or go with the kind of "truth" he's trying to sell.

Its really strange since NY is the heart of WWE history (and Rock and Cena are more WWE creations than Punk is). Then again maybe thats why. They've seen it all and know when someone is the real deal in the ring or how much they are dedicated to the business.

I want all of them! I still say Trish looks even better as a brunette than a blond.

I always felt Victoria could have been better used in WWE.She could have been a lot more popular than she was.

WWE under appreciated her. They knew she was good but they just jobbed her out to the models. Her face run was weak because it didn't feel natural for her at the timne but they should have kept her a strong heel. At least she got to leave in a classier way than Lita did despite also being a heel. One of the minuses of Litas trashy Edge ho heel run.

I think Victoria/Taras face runs in TNA have been better because by that point she had built up a lot of respect from fans who recognized how good of a worker she is. She's the real deal as far as toughness in that ring. She and Mickie outworked some of the guys in TNA a few years ago. The die hard fans of the business and what it takes to do it respect that.

That is Katie Lea.

She was so misused in WWE its criminal. She got used a bit better in TNA but the whole thing with Angelina Love was awful most of the time. At least Katie Lea/Winter got a title run with a womens belt that actually mattered in TNA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0736F_PuyQQ

Cool Piper interview where he talks about training his son and about his thoughts on Punk.

Much thanks for this. I've been wanting to hear the whole thing and what he says about Punk. I also read somwhere that he shoots on Patterson and others? is that true? Guess I'll find out. :cwink:

We gonna get Brock on mic to talk about why he F5'd Vince, some Brock/Punk interaction, Heymans plans finally coming together/falling apart.

A Rock/Cena promo where Cena will ramble for 15mins then end by shouting for awhile.

Follow up on Brocks actions last week is the only interesting thing for me.

Couldn't care less about what Rock or Cena do.

Last edited:
Roddy Piper on todays talent: Don't tell him what to do. Let him do what he does. Real simple. You'd draw a lot more money if you wouldn't make drones.

:applaud

My god... listen to that IWC talk from Hot Rod. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. :o

Im hoping for some more bat**** crazy/deluded C M Punk as that was brilliant last week

Who knew that the Rock had one of the better Super Bowl commercials?

Being only a part-timer means The Rock can do the edgier stuff that Cena won't do, like commercials for milk.

Turns out I was wrong about The Big Game. We found the true culprit of last night's technical difficulties:

487702_4539311688757_978035514_n.jpg

:woot:

MITB as its own PPV?

It works better on its own. The gimmick match shouldn't be a crutch for Wrestlemania.

Last edited:
Another good Roddy Piper interview.
[YT]ZBjhl04DaSA[/YT]

Arda Ocal with Bret "Hitman" Hart
[YT]4kXadX8FLMk[/YT]

I have a feeling Punk will be put into a program against Jericho leading up to WM as kind of a "compromise" move.

Roddy Piper on todays talent: Don't tell him what to do. Let him do what he does. Real simple. You'd draw a lot more money if you wouldn't make drones.

My god... listen to that IWC talk from Hot Rod. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. :o

I like Roddy's reaction to realizing he just let the truth slip out . I wonder what him and Bret are working on. I hear about so many wrestling projects that never make the light of day.

I have a feeling Punk will be put into a program against Jericho leading up to WM as kind of a "compromise" move.

They are great opponents , but I think Wrestlemania would be too rematch heavy. Also they would have a theme of "Returning the favor".

It works better on its own. The gimmick match shouldn't be a crutch for Wrestlemania.

It's more about giving people the chance to appear on the ppv and earn pay. We either get MITB , a mini rumble or overloaded tag matches. However since TLC or even Shawn's ladder match at Wrestlemania X it seems like it's part of the Wrestlemania tradition. MITB started at Wrestlemania and it makes sense to bring it back.

I saw it online before the broadcast. Fast & Furious 6 was a surprise though. I cared more about Iron Man 3 , but seeing the F&F footage for the first time was more exciting.

I agree. I don't think it needed a year long buildup from the time the match was made. That was just part of the hype machine. From the time of the actual announcement to the actual match it could have been six months and done just as much business. Like you said Cena had a really hard time keeping the momentum of the feud going for large chunks of time when it was only him there selling it. A lot of the time it just felt like Cena was just killing time with bad pointless angles on Raw and PPV even when they were designed to make him look good.

I remember Kane had a great return , but we all knew he'd be jobbed out to Cena and yesterday's news. Then Orton fed on the scraps. Then we had all this build up of Cena saying beating Rock would be the most important night of his career. Then Cena loses and it's business as usual the next night on Raw. No repercussions. Aside from Cena needing a win and killing Brock's momentum. Now Cena wins the rumble and says he doesn't care who he has to face , Rock or CM Punk. How could he not care. It just seems like everything that went down was a waste of time.
At least Rock fan's got a bit of nostalgia seeing him win at Wrestlemania , but was that really necessary. It wasn't when Hogan faced Rock and wouldn't be if Stone Cold came out of retirement to face Punk. Something is wrong there.

Its a shame his turn as Conan didn't work out for him. Conan 2011 wasn't as good as Dredd but much like Urban/Dredd I would have liked to have seen more of Momoa as Conan.

I liked Conan. I wasn't blown away by the film , but Momoa was good and it had some good action and cinematography. I would of liked a sequel. Now we got Arnold coming back and it could be a possible train wreck.

I like Roddy's reaction to realizing he just let the truth slip out . I wonder what him and Bret are working on. I hear about so many wrestling projects that never make the light of day.

Roddy knows the score. He's just been around too many sucessful periods and companies to not see the problems. The Rock 'N' Wrestling Era had far more diversity, more stars with different kinds of appeal, and was a huge sucess. NWO invasion era WCW had far more diversity, more stars with different kinds of appeal, and was a huge sucess. The Attitude Era had far more diversity, more stars with different kinds of appeal, and was a huge sucess. He wasn't actually THERE for that last one (maybe the very early sparks of it) but we all saw it and the stars were all unique just like previous eras.

WWE at least seems to finally be moving in the right direction when it comes to diversity of look. When Cena and Orton first got to WWE's main roster (and for years after) it seemed like we only had two kinds of looks for new stars: leaner but cut GQ model types and a few slow witted goofy looking freakish big men. Now we are seeing more different types between those two extremes. Sheamus is big but he's not as bizarre looking as someone like Snitsky or Albert and he's more relatable than Heidenreich as a character.

Damien Sandow's whole character look is more of a throwback to Pipers heyday. But since we don't see that kind of thing as much anymore he comes off as fresh.

They are great opponents , but I think Wrestlemania would be too rematch heavy. Also they would have a theme of "Returning the favor".

I agree. Its already looking too much like the same PPV I bought last year. As good as their match would probably be I just want something new or at least a little more fresh that I haven't seen as recently. They are really feeling the hurt of the lack of main event or even mid card stars when it comes to the rest of the card. This is why they shoud be investing in building new stars right now. You never know when someone like Edge is going to go down with an injury. If he were there now things would be a bit easier as far as potential matchups for everyone but he's not. At least he was someone closer to Punks level than Miz.

I remember Kane had a great return , but we all knew he'd be jobbed out to Cena and yesterday's news. Then Orton fed on the scraps. Then we had all this build up of Cena saying beating Rock would be the most important night of his career. Then Cena loses and it's business as usual the next night on Raw. No repercussions. Aside from Cena needing a win and killing Brock's momentum. Now Cena wins the rumble and says he doesn't care who he has to face , Rock or CM Punk. How could he not care. It just seems like everything that went down was a waste of time.
At least Rock fan's got a bit of nostalgia seeing him win at Wrestlemania , but was that really necessary. It wasn't when Hogan faced Rock and wouldn't be if Stone Cold came out of retirement to face Punk. Something is wrong there.

Yeah there were just a lot of problems. They blew the return of Kane's mask, something people had wanted for years, on filler. All that crap to keep Cena in the spotlight and he still ended up jobbing in a forgettable main event. Was all that really worth it beyond the short term money? Its just like now only we will get the opposite ending this time. Same dull aftermath though. Two years where a lot got wasted instead of one.

Like I said before even with the Cena problems I don't see why Punks loss to Rock was so weak looking. Even after a Shield attack it still took just a peoples elbow to inish him. If it had at least been 2 or 3 Rock bottoms THEN Rock capped it off with a peoples elbow as a final F U to Punk (after what he said about the fans) I could make sense of the ending even if I didn't like it.

If Cena had won there'd be no need to job Brock. He could have destroyed Cena entirely. A beast going for the biggest dog in the yard is a lot more scary than a scavenger who shows up to pick the bones when the top dog is wounded. Brock should be the guy who is going to f***ing punch down the biggest wall in his way and not give a damn. He works best as a destroyer who is afraid of no man.

I liked Conan. I wasn't blown away by the film , but Momoa was good and it had some good action and cinematography. I would of liked a sequel. Now we got Arnold coming back and it could be a possible train wreck.

I thought the movies story was the real weak point. It tried too hard to be part remake of the Milius film and part re adaptation fo the Howard Conan. They should have just picked one angle and run with it. We've seen failure time again with some recent remakes/readaptations/rehashes that had nothing really strong to offer on a storytelling front even if the were soundly made films on a techical level.

Another disappointing thing about the Conan reboot for me was Stephen Langs poorly developed villian after his awesome turn as a bad guy in Avatar. Quaritch was one of the best parts of that film but in Conan I felt Lang had nothing really strong and well crafted to work with.

Arnolds third Conan film could go either way but I still feel nervous about it. I just don't have much faith in it yet. Its not so much his age but all the creative people involved. They can work around Conans age a little easier than they could The Terminator looking old. I'm just hoping they put together something worthwhile but in todays industry I have little faith. I'd feel better if the people behind the film were allowed to dust off and use the John Milius King Conan script and work from there. If anyone should bring back Arnolds Conan its him. I'd like him to direct too but even if he didn't I'd still have a bit more confidence if they used his script. But I think its owned by another party.

Last edited:
After that was announced, WWE starts uploading a bunch of clips featuring Bruno from its Youtube channel.

So Bruno accepted? I guess Triple H knows how to work his silver tongue on more than just Stephanie to get results.

Good for Sammartino. Few deserve a HOF spot more if they want one. I would have respected him just as much either way but I'm proud that he decided to be the bigger man and put aside his issues. Verne Gagne didn't like Vince much either but he put his issues aside too. The HOF never really felt legit without Bruno Sammartino. I'd like to think he's doing it for the fans. He can still say f*** Vince McMahon if he wants to.

This year's class might be one of the most well rounded in years.

-The more I think about it, the more I can see a three way between Rock, Cena, and Punk happening. I don't know what else they can do with Punk unless Taker decides he wants to work this years Mania. I'm praying he does because I don't like triple threat title matches at Mania and Punk deserves his own feud/storyline. I've accepted that we would get Rock-Cena 2 at Mania since the end of last year. Maybe they could even go with Punk-Sheamus instead of the horrible Sheamus-Orton idea.

- Who here is expecting to see Miz eat an F5 tonight? I am. But better yet, I'm hoping for a Ric Flair appearence. Ever since I found out Flair was coming back to the WWE, I've wanted to get him involved in the HHH/Lesnar storyline. Who better than to take mopey Triple H, look him in the eye, slap him in the face and say, "You're the Best. Kick his ass". Flair needs to be Triple H's Mickey, get his arm broke in the Kimora, and still be in HHH's corner at Mania. Screw DX, we need Evolution Triple H damnit. I wanna hear "Line In The Sand" as Trip's intro for the Lesnar rematch.

- If I'm booking, which I'm not, I'm putting Jericho in the Smackdown Elimination Chamber and he is winning it. Hell, I want Del Rio vs. Jericho for the WHC in a 20-25 minute classic. Ok, here goes. If Taker wrestles, I want Punk/Taker. If not, I want Punk/ Sheamus, Del Rio/Jericho, and Ziggler/Orton. Ziggler can cash in after a hard fought win over Orton and a hard fought WHC match. Put the MITB match back at Mania and throw in Ryback, Big Show, Wade Barrett, Sandow, Kofi, etc. Let Miz/Cesaro wrap up their feud at Mania as well.

He had so much spark back then. But I imagine thats easier for any wrestler to have when they are young and hungry for it. Not so much when you have achieved everything there is to achieve.

I think his stuff is more suited to being a heel, he played the classic obnoxious jock perfectly with the trash talking in the 3rd person, the $500 shirts, all that stuff.

Yeah smart crowds like that..its hard to predict what they'll do. Even if Punk does go into a triple threat as a heel that NY area crowd might cheer Punk and boo the sh** out of Rock and Cena. Cena would probably get more but then again who can say. It may be one of many reasons Punk is being kept out of it. It wouldn't be the kind of reaction Vince wants for his company made golden boys or go with the kind of "truth" he's trying to sell.

Its really strange since NY is the heart of WWE history (and Rock and Cena are more WWE creations than Punk is). Then again maybe thats why. They've seen it all and know when someone is the real deal in the ring or how much they are dedicated to the business.

It used to be that New York was the measuring stick, if you could get over there then you were considered a genuine player, of course then New York decided Christian was a player and Vince decided that New York mattered less than it used too.

What you talking about? what does Roddy Piper know about drawing money?..........:BA

As much of a good combo as they have been in the past I hope not, the last thing this Mania needs is yet another rematch.

Press Release: Bruno Sammartino to Enter WWE Hall of Fame

By Steve Carrier on 02/04/2013

WWE sent out the following press release moments after Bruno Sammartino was revealed for the 2013 Hall of Fame class.

STAMFORD, Conn., February 4, 2013 – WWE (NYSE:WWE) announced today that Bruno Sammartino will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame at a ceremony on Saturday, April 6, 2013 at Madison Square Garden.

Sammartino, nicknamed “The Living Legend,” is a two-time WWE Champion and the longest reigning WWE Champion in history, holding the title for a combined 11 years. His first title reign began on May 17, 1963, where he defeated “Nature Boy” Buddy Rogers at Madison Square Garden. After losing the Championship in 1971, he regained the title on December 10, 1973, defeating Stan Stasiak at Madison Square Garden, holding the Championship until April 30, 1977. When he retired from the ring, Sammartino became a color commentator for WWE’s syndicated Superstars program and stepped back into the ring on special occasions. After his departure in 1988, Sammartino was openly critical of WWE, and for many years declined the offer to be inducted into WWE’s Hall of Fame, citing concerns with WWE’s content and culture.

“For my fans around the world, I am pleased to be joining the WWE Hall of Fame, especially at Madison Square Garden,” said Bruno Sammartino.

“Having sold out more than 200 shows at Madison Square Garden and being the longest reigning WWE champion in history, Bruno Sammartino is truly ‘The Living Legend,’” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman and CEO. “This is an extraordinary and historic moment to have Bruno take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame.”

Tickets for the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony are currently available through all Ticketmaster outlets, www.ticketmaster.com or by calling 1-800-745-3000. All tickets are subject to service charges and facility fees. For more information on Bruno Sammartino, please visit www.BrunoSammartino.info.

ESPN.com is reporting that Bruno Sammartino will be inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame this year.

Sammartino has been involved in a long-time feud with Vince McMahon and WWE, but has been reached out to by Triple H on numerous occasions about being inducted. After having various changes explained to him, including the detailed Wellness Policy and the shift from the edgier TV-14 product to a much more family-friendly TV-PG product, Sammartino agreed to be inducted.

“Being inducted into the Hall of Fame at Madison Square Gardens is the biggest thing in my life,” Sammartino said in an exclusive interview for ESPN Playbook. “Anytime that people feel that you accomplished enough to enter into a Hall of Fame, of course this is a tremendous, tremendous thrill for me. I had a lot of my success due to appearing at the Garden. I wrestled there over 200 times, it’s where I won the title, and it’s where I picked up 630-plus pounds of Haystacks Calhoun.”

Earlier reports that Sammartino would only agree to be inducted if he didn't have to see or talk to Vince McMahon were apparently incorrect, as Triple H is trying to organize a face-to-face meeting between Sammartino and McMahon.

“Clearly, Vince knew about this right from the get-go, and when I said I wanted to reach out to Bruno, Vince was probably thinking, ‘Well, good luck with that,’” Levesque said. “So Bruno and I established this relationship, and as we came to an understanding on all of this, Vince asked me, ‘Hey, do you think I should call Bruno? I’d like to talk to him.’ At the same time, Bruno said, ‘Do you think I should have a conversation with Vince?’ And I said no to both of them. I didn’t think it was right to do over the phone. They had bad blood for a long time, and we’ve all kind of buried the hatchet here, and it’s a new beginning and a fresh start and everybody is in a great place with this. But going back to what Bruno said about being old-school, I think we should all get in the same room together and the two of them should look each other in the eyes and shake hands. This should be in person. I don’t think it’s right to do over the phone. They both agreed to do that, and while it hasn’t happened yet, Hall of Fame is probably where we’ll make that happen. Vince and Bruno will see each other for the first time in years and officially, in person, look each other in the eyes and bury that hatchet.”

Credit: ESPN.com

Neurologist Says Mick Foley Can Never Wrestle Again

Mick Foley revealed during a comedy show in Adelaide that a neurologist informed him that he is not able to wrestle ever again.

Foley got the news after he explained his proposal to WWE about having a match with Dean Ambrose at SummerSlam as a follow-up to their YouTube/Twitter feud. Foley noted that he proposed to have a "fake" Dude Love come out of the entrance way, but would be attacked by Dean from behind as Mankind was coming through the ring.

These plans would later be nixed due to his diagnosis from the neurologist.

Also at the comedy show, Foley noted that he felt Dean made very personal comments about his family within the feud and asked him to stop, but Dean thought this was "face" Foley actually egging him on.

Further Update on Vince McMahon's Injury

As noted earlier, Vince McMahon took an F-5 from Brock Lesnar last week on Monday's Raw to have him written on television.

PWInsider is reporting that Vince McMahon had hip surgery on Friday and is backstage at Raw tonight. McMahon is said to be moving around on crutches. He came in early and was overseeing production pieces for the Fandango character.

WWE Has Legend Pulled from Indy Events

WWE has pulled Terry Funk from Pro Wrestling Syndicate appearances on WrestleMania 29 weekend according to PWInsider.com.

It's believed Funk will be doing an AXXESS autograph session and possibly inducting Mick Foley to the WWE Hall of Fame class of 2013.

The original scheduled Pro Wrestling Syndicate events were the first Funk has been scheduled for since the AWE Night of Legends pay-per-view a few years back where he lost to Tommy Dreamer.

Dixie Carter Says Sabin's Knee Rehab Is Going Well

Dixie Carter touched base with fans on the status of Chris Sabin's injury on Twitter.

"Happy Birthday to Chris Sabin. Glad to hear your knee rehab is going well. Hope you are back soon, Chris!" Carter tweeted.

Back in July, Sabin underwent knee surgery and has not been heard from since he was written off television. At the time, there was no timetable for Sabin's return from injury, which has now kept him off television for seven months.

TNA Bringing Back ReACTION, Blossom Twins Featured

- The Blossom Twins are featured on the latest episode of “The List” with Robbie E and Robbie T from the United Kingdom.

- Dixie Carter revealed on Twitter that "ReACTION" will be returning, writing on Twitter, "Happy to announce that “ReACTION” will be returning mid-February as an online series on YouTube – more details coming soon to our website!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"