The ‘Batman’ Casting Thread

He looks Mexican or something... I've yet to see the perfect Penguin. Albert Brooks , PSH, and Eddie Marsan would all be good

The perfect Penguin, of course, was Bob Hoskins. Who is sadly retired.

He looks Mexican or something... I've yet to see the perfect Penguin. Albert Brooks , PSH, and Eddie Marsan would all be good
He's tougher than any Mexican...he's British :D
Jamie+Foreman's+book

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxU6HMcjkyk

Should the day ever come when Mad Hatter is is a live action film, I can only really imagine Tom Waits

^Hopefully he never shows up in live-action. Really can't stand that character.

Still think Phillip seymour hoffman would have made the perfect Nolanverse Penguin. I've yet to really see anything penguin related (other than his excellent usage in arkham city) to make me excited for his use in a future movie outside of cameo or bit part. I mean...Tim Burton basically had his own character and story down flat before he incorporated it into a Batman movie. That as interesting a cinematic penguin is going to get in my opinion.

I think a film based on the court of owls would be awesome and casting of Lincoln March/Thomas Wayne Jr/New 52 version of Owlman would be exciting and huge. You basically have to cast another bruce wayne.

Still think Phillip seymour hoffman would have made the perfect Nolanverse Penguin. I've yet to really see anything penguin related (other than his excellent usage in arkham city) to make me excited for his use in a future movie outside of cameo or bit part. I mean...Tim Burton basically had his own character and story down flat before he incorporated it into a Batman movie. That as interesting a cinematic penguin is going to get in my opinion.
i actually loved burton/devito's penguin, so grotesque and darkly humourous. why burton didn't put his own quirky "gothic " twist on the joker i have no idea, even though i love nicholson's joker too.

i agree about hoffman, and if you watch the joker blogs ( youtube fan series spinoff on the nolan series ) whoever's playing or " voicing " as the penguin here sounds like he's doing a hoffman impression so clearly they agree with this sentiment as well : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn6ior8HFVA

Some of these might not be the most original choices, but here goes:

Batman: Jon Hamm

Commissioner Gordon: Bryan Cranston

Robin (Dick Grayson/Tim Drake): Josh Hutcherson

Johnathan Crane or Kirk Langstrom: Adrien Brody

Joker: Crispin Glover

Harley Quinn: Melanie Lynskey

The Penguin: Dean Norris

Mr. Freeze: Billy Crudup

Alfred: James Cromwell

Harvery Dent/ Two-Face: Josh Brolin

The Riddler: Will Arnett

Catwoman: Olivia Thirlby

Most of these cast choices are inspired by the Arkham video game series or Batman: the Animated Series or a combination of the two, because to me, those are the definitive Batman adaptations.

There is only one Riddler for me (okay, there are a few that could pull it off like Kevin Spacey, Edward Norton, Guy Pearce, Benedict Cumberbatch and many others but this is my favourite choice):

moriarty_04.jpg

Andrew Scott (Moriarty from BBC's Sherlock).

There is only one Riddler for me (okay, there are a few that could pull it off like Kevin Spacey, Edward Norton, Guy Pearce, Benedict Cumberbatch and many others but this is my favourite choice):

moriarty_04.jpg

Andrew Scott (Moriarty from BBC's Sherlock).

While I respect your casting choice and love Sherlock, I must say that I couldn't stand Andrew Scott's portrayal of Moriarty. It just seemed like he was trying wayyy too hard to sound off the wall evil. His voice fluctuation took me out of it. I did like how they wrote the relationship between he and Sherlock though. The actor that portrayed Moriarty in Game of Shadows was far superior. I'd go with your other choice of Ed Norton or Guy Pearce. Kevin Spacey circa "Seven" would be good too.

Andrew Scott's Moriarty was awesome. Reminded me a lot of the Joker. Great over-the-top villain acting!

Andrew Scott's Moriarty was awesome. Reminded me a lot of the Joker. Great over-the-top villain acting!

I see your point. I just think there's good over the top villain acting, like Heath Ledgers Joker, and bad over the top villain acting, like fan films you see on youtube where people don't quite know how to walk that line. Scott reminded me of this. Can't wait for the new season though. I would love to know how they intend on explaining the finale...

I see your point. I just think there's good over the top villain acting, like Heath Ledgers Joker, and bad over the top villain acting, like fan films you see on youtube where people don't quite know how to walk that line. Scott reminded me of this. Can't wait for the new season though. I would love to know how they intend on explaining the finale...

I agree with you. I loved every actor on Sherlock and was so looking forward to Moriarty but ended up cringing every second he was on screen. It was as though Scott had never acted a day before in his life.

For Mr. Freeze:

Ralph Fiennes

MV5BMzc5MjE1NDgyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzg2ODgwNA@@._V1._SY314_CR13,0,214,314_.jpg

images

Think Voldemort with his nose

I didn't like his Moriarty either . Then again , I didn't like the Game of Shadows Moriarty all that much either. Hopefully , Elementary will find the right actor.

That said, I do think Scott is more suited for the Riddler if you're going for a more hyper off the wall interpretation. If you're going for the more cerebral intellectual version , I actually think Sherlock Holmes actors Cumberbatch or Johnny Lee Miller, could pull of the role pretty well.

I always liked the Leob / Sale weaselly informant Riddler. Sort of like the characters Peter Lorre played back in the 40s.

In regards to Scott, I do agree when it comes to his scenes in Season 1, Episode 3. However, I think his acting in Season 2, Episode 3 was fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"