Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? What did they think was so bad about it? I've lived in the U.S. my entire life and if I hadn't seen him in GoT beforehand and had just seen those films, I would have totally just assumed he was American.

Everything about Affleck worked in BVS, and almost nothing about him worked in Justice League. So weird.

Not weird at all, you had a competent director with BvS, you had a director with one hand tied behind his back on JL only for him to be dismissed and a parade of c*ck wombles destroy any fabric of continuity gained by a producer's remit and a studio's interference by drafting in another director with the purpose of destroying from the outside in.

After all the rampant speculation, wouldn't it be funny if Reeves ended up going the Brandon Routh route of getting an almost complete unknown with only a few minor credits to their name?

But if Reeves can somehow find an unknown 26 year old that is handsome, not boyish, has a deep voice, is tall, not an *******, can stand the pressure, and has some absolutely superb acting range at the levels of Jake Gyllenhaal then that'll truly be a welcomed miracle.

Joe Alwyn?

Lead role in an Ang Lee movie and supporting part in an Oscar darling?

Wouldn't be a Routh-like choice at all.

He only acted in 7 movies so far. But you're right, he has more than a few minor credits.

But yeah the tortured part of his character in that show shows he could handle a character with deep moral conflicts like Batman

Not weird at all, you had a competent director with BvS, you had a director with one hand tied behind his back on JL only for him to be dismissed and a parade of c*ck wombles destroy any fabric of continuity gained by a producer's remit and a studio's interference by drafting in another director with the purpose of destroying from the outside in.

That competent director of yours is directly responsible for why Justice League was such a disaster. Better BvS = better JL. Let’s not forget that.

That competent director of yours is directly responsible for why Justice League was such a disaster.

I personally disagree strongly with that but that's a WHOLE kettle of fish that's been debated to death, agree to disagree :up:

Dude
Literally the only reason they'd go towards an unknown is to find someone that can do it all. Otherwise you might as well just go with Jack O'Conell or some of the highly mentioned names if you're going to compromise on something because the problem with the currently mentioned names is that with all of them you have to make a compromise

I have no idea what you're trying to express here.

Yeah if anyone hasn't seen the Bodyguard with Richard Madden in it I'd high recommend it - I think US audiences can get it on Netflix?

Yep, it’s on Netflix here and it is amazing, and Madden is perfect in it. And since he’s won some big awards for it, it looks like it could open some doors for him as far as big time projects. Who knows? Maybe he’s on Reeves’ radar.

I'm pretty sure Madden, Hammer, Hoult and Pattinson are on Reeves radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"