Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Variety article originally said Pattinson would be the youngest big screen Batman. They since corrected that and said he'd be the second youngest after Christian Bale. They've also seemingly deleted all the comments that pointed that out to them. They haven't even acknowledged in a correction notice that they got it wrong the first time. And no one has, as yet, pointed out to them that Lewis Wilson was in fact the youngest big screen Batman. They may as well just delete that sentence entirely. There's nothing special about being the third youngest big screen Batman.

If this is the group, go with Pattinson. Please just say no to Johnson and Hoult.

Tolkien (2019)

Tolkien was not a good movie folks. It got ****ty reviews. He was a weak JRR Tolkien.

Did anyone here see it? It was a ****ty pedestrian biopic.
Haven't seen Tolkien yet.
Something keeps holding me back.
It could have something to do with the fact that the story of the entire film is told in the trailer.

The Variety article originally said Pattinson would be the youngest big screen Batman. They since corrected that and said he'd be the second youngest after Christian Bale. They've also seemingly deleted all the comments that pointed that out to them. They haven't even acknowledged in a correction notice that they got it wrong the first time. And no one has, as yet, pointed out to them that Lewis Wilson was in fact the youngest big screen Batman. They may as well just delete that sentence entirely. There's nothing special about being the third youngest big screen Batman.

Variety does this all the time ever since they became a more nerd-centric blog type website.

If anyone wants to start with a good movie with Pattinson, check out Lost City of Z. Not the lead but a very good film and role for him.

So glad we're getting a more lithe and agile Batman. I like bulky TDKR Batman but it's a nice change of pace to get a thinner, more acrobatic Batman. I don't think of brute strength when I think of a detective. This Batman is going to rely more on brains than brawn.

So glad we're getting a more lithe and agile Batman. I like bulky TDKR Batman but it's a nice change of pace to get a thinner, more acrobatic Batman. I don't think of brute strength when I think of a detective. This Batman is going to rely more on brains than brawn.

Let's pump the breaks a little bit. We have no idea what style they are going with Batman yet. Also, one would assume Pattinson will bulk up for this role.

Let's pump the breaks a little bit. We have no idea what style they are going with Batman yet. Also, one would assume Pattinson will bulk up for this role.
The dude has a naturally thin frame, even if he bulks up considerably. He's physically incapable of resembling a bruiser, TDKR, Affleck-like Batman. He's not going to be tiny, I'd imagine he'll resemble Neal Adams' Batman.

The dude has a naturally thin frame, even if he bulks up considerably. He's physically incapable of resembling a bruiser, TDKR, Affleck-like Batman. He's not going to be tiny, I'd imagine he'll resemble Neal Adams' Batman.

So does Chris Evans, and I've met him in person. He's smaller than he looks onscreen.

captain_americaproportioned_a_l.jpg

Evans and Pattinson are the same height.

I’m halfway through Good Time and I’m liking him so far. But I’m at the point where he’s
about to **** the 16 year old girl to protect himself and his brother from being recognized as wanted criminals
and I kind of guessed it was going there and I’m sooooo uncomfortable right now. :funny:

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think you misunderstand though. Adams' Batman isn't tiny, he's just not TDKR big...

huh, I just noticed that Clooney's Catch-22 show debuts today. If not for the casting news I'm sure some of us would of spent the next week debating if Christopher Abbott's performance in it was sufficiently Batman worthy ...

huh, I just noticed that Clooney's Catch-22 show debuts today. If not for the casting news I'm sure some of us would of spent the next week debating if Christopher Abbott's performance in it was sufficiently Batman worthy ...
That would've been me.

Pattinson was my #2 though so I can't complain.

That would've been me.

Pattinson was my #2 though so I can't complain.

Abbott would of been my #3 pick after Pattinson (#1) and Hammer (#2) based on the few things I've seen him in.

I can't fully celebrate getting my first choice tho, not until it gets confirmed by WB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"