2009 NCAA Football Thread: Revenge of the Computer Polls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an idea I had for the vacant USC head coaching job: Kirby Smart

Has caoched in a pro style system with Saban at Alabama, which is important to USC. Defensive coach, which is needed with the way the Pac-10 is headed. Has a national title ring now, which appeals to recruits.

USC probably won't get to be so picky unless the NCAA decides to go away.

That's funny. St Nick believes he is above the fray. He doesn't care what anyone thinks. He even got his contract to cut out almost all the traditional sponsorship Alabama coaches have done in the past.

Del Rio has apparently passes on USC, indicating USC may be in massive trouble from the NCAA's report.

That and he'd apparently be walking away from $15million if he left Jacksonville. I think I'd stay too.

I was having lunch today in a restaurant owed by a somewhat prominent Alabama alum (and retired Dolphin d-lineman) and overhead snippets of one side of a conversation one of the local sports radio hosts was having. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out which school they were talking about, but he was saying his sources are rumoring the next coach will have heavy Alabama ties. I'm thinking it was probably South Florida they were speaking of, and while he wouldn't say a name it wouldn't shock me if Mike Shula was interested in that position.

So yeah, ESPN is reporting that Lane Kiffin is headed to USC. He's taking Monte and Ed Orgeron with him as well.

I was pulling for Mariucci but this is a pretty jerk combination I can get behind.

Lane Kiffin has gotten more jobs in this terrible economy than any other American.

Lane Kiffin and USC deserve each other.

BL, it won't have happened without pics.

Lane Kiffin has gotten more jobs in this terrible economy than any other American.

He's giving Bobby Petrino a run for "most coaching jobs in a timespan."

Still waiting for a "Bobby Petrino to Tennessee" rumor to surface.

Why Del Rio ain't bolting to Knoxville is beyond me... he is out after next year unless he makes a playoff run.

Sources say Orgeron telling UT enrollees not to go to class
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/jan/13/sources-say-orgeron-telling-ut-enrollees-not-to/
Former Tennessee recruiting coordinator Ed Orgeron has contacted multiple UT mid-term enrollees and encouraged them not to attend class today so that they can easily leave UT and enroll at Southern California, multiple sources told the News Sentinel.
Orgeron, who joined USC's staff when Lane Kiffin was hired as coach on Tuesday, did not immediately return a text message from the News Sentinel seeking comment.
By attending class today, the nine mid-term enrollees, who have been at UT since Monday, would have to follow strict transfer rules, which include sitting out a year.
It is unclear how many, or which, prospects Orgeron contacted.

lane kiffin wow..just wow, what a piece of work

I glanced at the TN message boards, they are in nuclear meltdown mode. Dan Wetzel's article lists his favorite topic titles...

5. Glad I only named my dog Kiffin.

4. Al Davis wasn’t as crazy as we all thought.

3. Pat Summitt is more of a man than Lane Kiffin.

2. It’s like getting a divorce from a stripper!

1. Layla can stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back