The Adam Warlock Support Thread

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by KangConquers, Jul 30, 2012.

1. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

He's not a part of the confirmed cast true, but given Nova has a thread, and he's not even a Guardian, I figured it's only fair to give Adam his own thread.

2. Chewy REDACTED

If there's one Guardian who should go from a GotG movie to an Avengers sequel it's him. I was surprised he wasn't announced at comic-con.

There are a couple of reasons I can think of why he wasn't

1) Maybe they're saving him for a sequel? (the most mundane)

2) Maybe he'll be featured in the movie, but never join the team. This would allow him to travel to Earth at the end to warn the Avengers about the coming of Thanos, while leaving the team, intact, operating in space.

3) Maybe Magus will be the villain and, in a bit of a departure from the comics, they have to "purify" him, to save Adam and the universe.

4) Maybe he'll be trapped in the soul gem.

Anyway, I hope he shows up, and I've got two casting choices for him

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

My theory was that his powers are psuedo-magical, and Marvel wants to tap into Doctor Strange's box office potential before introducing a character called "Warlock."

As for casting:

[​IMG]

Armie Hammer is still my Adam Warlock.

#3 KangConquers, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  4. Captain Marvel SHAZAM!

I had a similar thought, that they might start off with the Magus and then he's reborn as Adam Warlock. I think he should definitely play a role, though, and he should have the Soul Gem. That, then, could explain Thanos's involvement in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Picture this:

Thanos is collecting the Infinity Gems but, like in the original story, he's afraid of the power of the Soul Gem and doesn't want his soul to be devoured by it. So while working with Adam Warlock and the Guardians of the Galaxy he uses his technology to create a facsimile of the Soul Gem, and THAT'S what he uses when he assembles the Infinity Gauntlet. That, then, might give the heroes a weakness they can exploit, as Adam Warlock will still have the real Soul Gem while Thanos's power isn't quite as infinite as he'd hoped. Just a thought, though.

5. Chewy REDACTED

I think faking one of the gems takes away from the climax of it all.

6. Captain Marvel SHAZAM!

It worked fine as a plot point the first time Thanos got his hands on the Infinity Gems and in The Infinity War. Getting your soul eaten by a vampiric Soul Gem is a reasonable fear to have, particularly if you worship Death and having your soul eaten means that you'll never be with Death in her realm when you pass away.

7. Chewy REDACTED

It's a reasonable fear but I feel like it's shortchanging the Thanos saga to not let him assemble the actual gauntlet at some point.

8. darthhalen Registered

I was shocked Adam Warlock was not announced as a part of the team. I truly believe he will factor into the story somehow.
    Perhaps he will be the "messiah" needed to defeat Thanos and will be sought after for most of the movie. Hibernating in his cocoon until the climax of the film, then joining the team at the very end after helping to beat Thanos.

9. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I've thought that myself, as long as Adam isn't too deus ex machina.

10. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Or an after credit scene. Personally, regarding the whole gauntlet,

I have a feeling there won't be an assembling, it. Because it probably has already been assembled with the gems. The gauntlet is in the treasure room. Whether its assembled or not, I don't know. But the fact that it is in safe keeping must mean it must be already assembled...right?

I hope this isn't the cause. I would love a different version of the thanos quest

11. Chewy REDACTED

The whole "cocoon for most of the movie, until it's time to help save the universe" is textbook dem. Which isn't to say they couldn't do it

12. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

I think Warlock gets into a sequel. I'm honestly losing hope that Nova makes it into this movie (I still think there's an outside shot) but Adam Warlock would be perfect for a sequel.

13. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

[​IMG]

what does the Adam thread think?

14. Chewy REDACTED

The more I think about it the more sense it makes to start Adam off as the villainous Magus, and end the movie with his purification

15. Captain Marvel SHAZAM!

That'd certainly be an original way to go about things. How many movies have we ever seen where the villain in the first movie then becomes a hero for the rest of the movie series?

16. Chewy REDACTED

Yeah it would feel fresh and it would be a nice way of getting Warlock in there without the team feeling too stuffed for an introductory tale.

17. Blight616 Registered

I would love to see Luke Goss as Adam Warlock.