Guardians of the Galaxy The Adam Warlock Support Thread

KangConquers

Purple Kang, Purple Kang
Reaction score
He's not a part of the confirmed cast true, but given Nova has a thread, and he's not even a Guardian, I figured it's only fair to give Adam his own thread.

If there's one Guardian who should go from a GotG movie to an Avengers sequel it's him. I was surprised he wasn't announced at comic-con.

There are a couple of reasons I can think of why he wasn't

1) Maybe they're saving him for a sequel? (the most mundane)

2) Maybe he'll be featured in the movie, but never join the team. This would allow him to travel to Earth at the end to warn the Avengers about the coming of Thanos, while leaving the team, intact, operating in space.

3) Maybe Magus will be the villain and, in a bit of a departure from the comics, they have to "purify" him, to save Adam and the universe.

4) Maybe he'll be trapped in the soul gem.

Anyway, I hope he shows up, and I've got two casting choices for him

Lq91P.jpg

AEJC5.jpg

My theory was that his powers are psuedo-magical, and Marvel wants to tap into Doctor Strange's box office potential before introducing a character called "Warlock."

As for casting:

2i6huzo.jpg

Armie Hammer is still my Adam Warlock.

Last edited:
3) Maybe Magus will be the villain and, in a bit of a departure from the comics, they have to "purify" him, to save Adam and the universe.

I had a similar thought, that they might start off with the Magus and then he's reborn as Adam Warlock. I think he should definitely play a role, though, and he should have the Soul Gem. That, then, could explain Thanos's involvement in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Picture this:

Thanos is collecting the Infinity Gems but, like in the original story, he's afraid of the power of the Soul Gem and doesn't want his soul to be devoured by it. So while working with Adam Warlock and the Guardians of the Galaxy he uses his technology to create a facsimile of the Soul Gem, and THAT'S what he uses when he assembles the Infinity Gauntlet. That, then, might give the heroes a weakness they can exploit, as Adam Warlock will still have the real Soul Gem while Thanos's power isn't quite as infinite as he'd hoped. Just a thought, though.

I think faking one of the gems takes away from the climax of it all.

It worked fine as a plot point the first time Thanos got his hands on the Infinity Gems and in The Infinity War. Getting your soul eaten by a vampiric Soul Gem is a reasonable fear to have, particularly if you worship Death and having your soul eaten means that you'll never be with Death in her realm when you pass away.

It's a reasonable fear but I feel like it's shortchanging the Thanos saga to not let him assemble the actual gauntlet at some point.

I was shocked Adam Warlock was not announced as a part of the team. I truly believe he will factor into the story somehow.
Perhaps he will be the "messiah" needed to defeat Thanos and will be sought after for most of the movie. Hibernating in his cocoon until the climax of the film, then joining the team at the very end after helping to beat Thanos.

I was shocked Adam Warlock was not announced as a part of the team. I truly believe he will factor into the story somehow.
Perhaps he will be the "messiah" needed to defeat Thanos and will be sought after for most of the movie. Hibernating in his cocoon until the climax of the film, then joining the team at the very end after helping to beat Thanos.

I've thought that myself, as long as Adam isn't too deus ex machina.

Or an after credit scene. Personally, regarding the whole gauntlet,

I have a feeling there won't be an assembling, it. Because it probably has already been assembled with the gems. The gauntlet is in the treasure room. Whether its assembled or not, I don't know. But the fact that it is in safe keeping must mean it must be already assembled...right?

I hope this isn't the cause. I would love a different version of the thanos quest

I've thought that myself, as long as Adam isn't too deus ex machina.
The whole "cocoon for most of the movie, until it's time to help save the universe" is textbook dem. Which isn't to say they couldn't do it

I think Warlock gets into a sequel. I'm honestly losing hope that Nova makes it into this movie (I still think there's an outside shot) but Adam Warlock would be perfect for a sequel.

The more I think about it the more sense it makes to start Adam off as the villainous Magus, and end the movie with his purification

That'd certainly be an original way to go about things. How many movies have we ever seen where the villain in the first movie then becomes a hero for the rest of the movie series?

Yeah it would feel fresh and it would be a nice way of getting Warlock in there without the team feeling too stuffed for an introductory tale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"