Guardians of the Galaxy Nova in Guardians of the Galaxy 2

He's not Hope to see Richard Rider in the mcu at some point, but I'm not holding my breath at the moment.

If a Nova or Nova Corp movie ever happens, James Gunn is not going to be involved in it. This also effectively rules Nova out of Guardians Vol. 3.

On top of that. Wouldn't Nova's origin have to be re-written significantly due to how the Nova Corp were shown to be a cosmic police force?

I'm not well versed on Nova lore, but I gather they're all powered in the comics. I think if the movies were to write him as the only one or one of a few then it would sidestep the Green Lantern corps comparisons.

Though if the rumours about Marvel looking to go more cosmic with the mcu are true then maybe someone other than Gunn will be keen to use the character.

Last edited:
The Infernal not necessarily. Guardians of the Galaxy animated series has this version of the Nova Corp. However, the special, super-powered Nova Centurion helmet just showed up in the animated version. It was an ancient artifact held in Adam Warlock's sarcophagus. It also held Quasar's Quantum Bands. Gamora put it on and had visions of a Nova who looked a lot like Sam Alexander. At one point, Titus got ahold of the helmet and escaped from prison and attacked the Guardians and tried to control a young Adam Warlock.

So I'm just saying you could have the regular Nova Corp as is and work on the appearance of a new Nova Corp helmet that can grant them super powered abilities.

Is the cartoon any good? I haven't kept up with Marvel animation.

As long as it doesn't just flip the tone of what was established with the Nova Corp in the first film then I'd be fine with whatever works.

I mean they could just say that some had a measure of power all along as long as they don't actively contradict GotG1. Was it ever said that the barrier the Nova Corp created in the first film was solely due to their ships?

Back onto Gunn though. He's said he doesn't actually hate Nova, but it's clear he's not keen on him anyway. I'd hate to see Nova become the MCU's Venom and introduced in a way that pleases no one (D'ya hear that Avi? lol). If it needs to be then wait for the right film and creative team.

I like the animated series. It basically takes the premise of the first movie and basically continues the story in its own direction after they killed Ronan. Except in this canon, Star-Lord is J'Son of Spartax's son instead of Ego. Sort of like an AU of the movie.

The barrier just looked like highly advanced tech rather than super powers or "space magic." Just introduce Nova's helmet as a new wild variable that's part of space prophecy and what not. Like the emergence of the helmet is the symbol of Nova Corp.'s destruction and salvation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"