The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on how old you want Aquaman to be. About the same age as Bale and Cavill, so mid to late 20s.

terry78: same age as Bale, mid to late 20s? :O

Another actor suggestion comes here: what about Rhys Wakefield as a young version of Arthur Curry? He seems to have a thing for water, after Black Balloon and Sanctum. I can esily see him as a young surfer guy.

It would be nice to see a pic of him in Aquaman's suit, a well-done fake pic and not something ridiculous. Anyone up for the job?

Depends on how old you want Aquaman to be. About the same age as Bale and Cavill, so mid to late 20s.

Uh, Bale is in his late thirties.

I prefer the showing him at various ages route anyway. Start off as in an infant (maybe only for the first scenes), show him as a kid, then as an adult for most of the movie.

Uh, Bale is in his late thirties.

I prefer the showing him at various ages route anyway. Start off as in an infant (maybe only for the first scenes), show him as a kid, then as an adult for most of the movie.

I know he's in his 30s, but the character's age is what I meant. Batman is about 30 perpetually, and Superman is about late 20s perpetually.

I like the idea of Kevin McKidd.

He has fallen into obscurity, I'd prefer a more relevant actor right now. Someone coming off of something hot that could provide steam for Aquaman which will be an uphill battle getting audiences to like him

I stumbled upon by seeing this new guy on the block. I think Cody Deal would make a good Aquaman.
Cody-Deal.jpg

He's an unknown actor to some people. Yet he has little experience, he auditioned leading roles for Thor Spartacus, and Conan before Hemsworth, McIntyre, and Momoa were cast. So he's quite familiar on auditioning for action roles. Ironically speaking, he actually played Thor in a SyFy movie (which was bad btw) called 'The Almighty Thor'. I think he has the looks for Aquaman such as the Atlantean built, the height (6'3), and the appropriate age to carry on a movie/trilogy. Just a suggestion.

Asylum actors should never be considered. For anything.

Lex Luthor in an Aquaman film? Have you ended up in the wrong thread?

I think a buffed up Alexander Skasgard would make a fantastic Arthur/Orin/Aquaman. There's a scene at 5:52 of the vid where he displays strength in his words mixed with a certain arrogance that I think Orin really needs as the King of Atlantis, plus he has the height and looks down perfectly imo. All he needs to do is deepen his voice a bit when playing the role.
[YT]JZzCklu8pNs[/YT]
alexander-skarsgard-4-seasons6.jpg

I had a thought yesterday and I was thinking that maybe Garrett Hedlund would make a decent Aquaman. Just something out of the blue. He's been getting some leading roles lately and some very good reviews on him. At a decent age (He's 27), authorative voice, decent built, height (6'2) and seems to be quite versatile in his roles.
Garrett-Hedlund.jpg

I want Hedlund for Iron Fist.

I think a buffed up Alexander Skasgard would make a fantastic Arthur/Orin/Aquaman. There's a scene at 5:52 of the vid where he displays strength in his words mixed with a certain arrogance that I think Orin really needs as the King of Atlantis, plus he has the height and looks down perfectly imo. All he needs to do is deepen his voice a bit when playing the role.
[YT]JZzCklu8pNs[/YT]

Alexander Skasgard would make a perfect Green Arrow

AquamanFins.PNG

I've been thinking Jake Gyllenhaal could look and act the part. I drew up a sample to see how he'd look.

I'm rather dubious of what they could use for a villain in any such Aquaman movie, though. Guy doesn't exactly have a strong rogues gallery. Its Ocean Master, Black Manta, or Rebellions Evil Atlantean of the Week.

I'm rather dubious of what they could use for a villain in any such Aquaman movie, though. Guy doesn't exactly have a strong rogues gallery. Its Ocean Master, Black Manta, or Rebellions Evil Atlantean of the Week.

First movie I see Black Manta as the hired mercenary, while Orm manipulates everything behind the scenes. The movie could end with Manta seemingly dying and Orm somehow framing his brother as a traitor to his people, then taking Arthur's place as King. I would then like to see Orm as Ocean Master for the main villain in a Justice League movie with the Atlantean army invading the surface world.

For Aquaman's second movie, a vengeful Black Manta could make his return with a personal vendetta against Arthur for mangling his body in the first movie and "stealing" his own son, Kaldur, from him. This time he would be modified with new armor, weapons, and his own group of mercenaries(Including a betrayed Kaldur after finding out Aquaman lied to him about his true heritage) to take down Atlantis' capital known as Poseidonis. In this movie, Manta would kill Arthur's son and also slice off his hand.

For the third movie I see the Xebels(which I would make a neighboring continent of Atlantis) attacking the entire continent of Atlantis with weapons created from sunken alien technology, even more advanced than Atlantean technology. The Trench would also make an appearance, being connected to the sunken alien technology. When the Xebels activate the technology, it would awaken the ancient race of the Trench, causing them to attack as they outnumber both the Atlanteans and the Xebels. I'm picturing an all out war in the third movie between the Atlanteans, Xebels, and the Trench.

Last edited:
[YT]JZzCklu8pNs[/YT]

he's my guy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member