The All-Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 7

Discussion in 'Aquaman' started by flickchick85, Nov 27, 2018.

1. BaelaTargaryen Registered

2. Polux Just some nut

I can only hope that in time comic book Aquaman takes more and more inspiration from Momoa's version (i.e: skin/hair color, background, culture, etc); I know what the purists in the room will say...what purists always say, but the purist mindset ("I like things as I knew them and they should remain the same because that's how I like them") has always been the enemy of progress and inventiveness - topically applicable to these characters remaining relevant - and the real impact of it cannot be stated until generations passed. Momoa's Aquaman is far more interesting than traditionally depicted Arthur, so it's only for the better.

Other than that...

And there's this completely random thing that has been in my head since the first time I saw it, and it's not big deal or anything, but...

Thomas and Atlanna meet in 1885, meaning that Arthur is 33 tops by the time the movie takes place; since he seems to be at least 3 by the time Atlanna leaves back to the ocean, so that would make Orm 29 as much...

Momoa doesn't look 33 (although, ok....might see it...) and Patrick Wilson certainly doesn't look 29 :o

Not that it bothers me or even matters at all, I was just wondering if anybody else had that little bug in mind too; it's funny that they had them both playing younger, and previously we have Affleck and Cavill playing older than their own age, but I'm pretty sure there's plenty more examples in the DCEU (and in movie history in general, duh!).

Just silly things, this movie is just too ridiculously awesome.

TMP98 and frankgutz like this.
  3. dhandler01 Half breed!

How is that possible...NY Post Reviewer gave it a rotten review because it didnt have an environmental theme ;)

Micromind and frankgutz like this.
  4. harlequinade Superb Owl

5. TMP98 Registered

Momoa made me single handedly like Aquaman, so he was definitely great casting. I was initially against it since I thought that Snyder cast him to be some Khal Drogo-esque barbarian Aquaman (and BvS certainly made it look like he might have in his three seconds of screen-time), but surfer-bro Aquaman is just so damn charismatic. I can see why Denis would want Momoa for that role in Dune; he fits it like a glove.

frankgutz likes this.
  6. Micromind New World New Rules

OK, I remember reading an article written by an Ocean "expert", saying that a group of Stringrays shown in Aquaman was inaccurate as Sting rays don't travel in a group (There's a scene of Vulko underwater with a bunch of stingrays swimming over his head.)

So, guess what ? Whoever wrote that supposedly scientific article (I will post a link of that article if I find it again) was wrong.

#2532 Micromind, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    C. Lee and frankgutz like this.
  7. Micromind New World New Rules

8. kguillou Registered

Finally got to catch Aquaman on video since I had seen it i December (damn time is FLYING) and sweet lawd do I love this crazy ass bonkers movie. I noticed the story issues that people had problems with more this time around but this movie was just too much of a visual comic book feast for me to give a damn or let it ruin the experience. Wan is such an expert at his craft and I love that he just went for gusto. And I love Mamoa in the role, I know the purists have a problem with him but I like this guy is a regular schlub like the rest of us that didn't even want to be king but did it anyway because it was the right thing to do. Every single action sequence is a standout but that 3rd act climax gives Endgame's a run for its money (just purely in terms of visual epic action spectacle).

Anyway, Wan needs to do Justice League.

frankgutz likes this.
  9. dhandler01 Half breed!

I was talking to some friends (both actors) one of whom liked Aquaman (he liked it despite the story) and one who hated it because of the story. It further backed up my idea that if you like Ahnold or Stallone films you will love Aquaman and if you dont you wont. I told them the theory and they laughed and agreed. He loves 80s action films and she hates them ;)

TheGuy and frankgutz like this.
  10. Astro13Zombie Registered

This belongs on r/that happened :o

11. TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

True or not, Momoa embodies Aquaman for me and the GA, arguably. And that's a good thing. :yay:

TMP98 likes this.
  12. MbJ Registered

45th Saturn Awards Nominations: 'Avengers: Endgame' Leads with 14 Nods, 'Game of Thrones' Tops TV Category

13. Micromind New World New Rules

TheGuy likes this.
  14. TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

It should win both.

15. harlequinade Superb Owl

16. Micromind New World New Rules

Aquaman costume design by Kym Barrett. The costume design is actually lot more detailed than it initially looks on screen.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2542 Micromind, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  17. Micromind New World New Rules

This is amazing, I thought that those statues were entirely CGI, but they did construct real sets for many scenes (which were augmented by CGI in post)

[​IMG]

Willi Berg and frankgutz like this.
  18. Asr Registered

I finally got around to ordering the soundtrack just yesterday and saw this just now. Dammit, should have waited! :o

frankgutz likes this.
  19. Micromind New World New Rules

20. harlequinade Superb Owl

I wish the album had more tracks, it's a lot of remixes which aren't very good

21. Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah I was listening to it today at work. It’s such a fun album

22. Willi Berg On The Run

Julie Andrews was asked about being in the Aquaman movie (1:20) :

23. Micromind New World New Rules

Wan posted some BTS pics..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Micromind New World New Rules