The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, what do you think of tom wlaschiha of game of thrones? I'd like him if aqua man would follow the 52 arc throne of Atlantis. He can pull faces similar to how aqua man pulls faces in that. Plus hiring him wouldn't hurt WB pockets too much ( seriously I worry how much money is being thrown at a listers, we might get a RDJ/stark actor expecting more like a greedy bugger.

Oh man I didn't even consider that. He'd have been perfect.That's sad for him though.
If Paul Walker got the role of Aquaman, I guess he would have needed to play a character with more depth than he usually did in the F&F films.

Whoever makes a good aquaman movie will open the floodgates (see what I did there?) for even more awesome aquaman comics, animated films, games, and better treatment all around.

Whoever makes a good aquaman movie will open the floodgates (see what I did there?) for even more awesome aquaman comics, animated films, games, and better treatment all around.

An Aquaman animated series sounds incredible. Hopefully we get an AM movie before the end of the decade.

Not sure about another animated series, Aquaman already had one, which is more than i can say to Wonder Woman and The Flash.

About a movie, what do you all think it should be like? I imagine it as a kind of Star Wars underwater, with Arthur growing up in the surfasse world and later discovering his origins, as well as his heritage. Then he discovers Atlantis, with Orm having been taking care of the throne and being happy with the return of his half-brother and true heir to the throne. At first, Orm thinks Curry's's coming means that Atlanteans can once again rule the earth, however Arthur disagrees on this idea.

It would be then be an all out Atlantean invasion, but it wouldn't go too far thanks to Arthur, who would take the throne once again and kill or imprison Orm.

Not sure about another animated series, Aquaman already had one, which is more than i can say to Wonder Woman and The Flash.

Ummm What?

About a movie, what do you all think it should be like? I imagine it as a kind of Star Wars underwater, with Arthur growing up in the surfasse world and later discovering his origins, as well as his heritage. Then he discovers Atlantis, with Orm having been taking care of the throne and being happy with the return of his half-brother and true heir to the throne. At first, Orm thinks Curry's's coming means that Atlanteans can once again rule the earth, however Arthur disagrees on this idea.

It would be then be an all out Atlantean invasion, but it wouldn't go too far thanks to Arthur, who would take the throne once again and kill or imprison Orm.
I kind of envision an Aquaman movie as a mix of Star Wars and Game of Thrones, with a little bit of Avatar thrown in. I kind of want Arthur to be the inexperienced guy who isn't sure which world to choose and who doesn't initially want to be king. I want Orm to be sympathetic, but also dangerous. Sort of a misguided but well-intentioned nationalist/extremist, like Zod or Magneto. He loves Atlantis and it's people, and he wants to ensure their survival and prosperity and is willing to resort to extreme and ruthless methods to accomplish that goal. He also doesn't trust the surface world, and they've done things to justify that mistrust. His flaw is that he can't see that not all surface dwellers are evil. Arthur, having grown up on the surface world, can see that. A dispute between Atlantis and the surface erupts, and Orm wants to respond with force, but Arthur doesn't. The two brothers care about each other, but this disagreement pushes them into conflict with each other. Also, Mera playing a prominent role and being a badass is a must for me, I love her.

To a lot of people, Aquaman isn't seen as a serious superhero because of all the jokes.
I agree that the film really need to convince the audience that he's not lame. But wouldn't Flash too get backlash if a former teen idol who's not relavant gets the role? I don't think the problems are exclusive to Aquaman only.
Can something be done to change this? Hard to say.

If Sawa or Gallagher starred in a handful of interesting independent dramas, would it change the negative opinions some people have about them? Not completely, I guess. Their works during the 90s still hunts them. The people who found them annoying as kid/teen actors, will they always find them annoying? That's quite interesting to think about.

It has been said before, but I want to bring it up in this discussion.
Whether an actor stars in bigger films or not, isn't completely related to talent. Other factors plays in, like if he has a good manager or not, if he has the right personality to be an A-lister, if he's good-looking etc.
Let's speculate and claim that Devon Sawa was a better actor than Ben Affleck ten years ago. Who would have cared? Sure, Affleck was boring and wooden in Daredevil, and Pearl Harbor. Those films are far from being masterpieces. But Affleck had other things going for him. Not only was he handsome, but he was media's favorite, and also a good friend of Matt Damon etc etc. Sadly, those things are important in Hollywood.

What about Gallagher? I think he's quite good, but not great. Am I the only one who think so? He can't be as bad as Rorschach claims.
Abrams cast him in Super 8. It was a small role, yes. Abrams was free to take anyone he wanted: an up-and-coming actor, or a completely unknown but talented guy. But he picked Gallagher. There must be a reason!

About Aquaman again. The one who's gonna direct this maybe will see something in Gallagher. Who knows?
Abrams is involved with both S.Trek and S.Wars. Let's say he will make a DC hero film too.
Aquaman? And perhaps he casts Gallagher then?
This post is good. People can't argue against it, that's why nobody has even tried.

I'm sorry but that hardly counts as a show, it was just other shows cut up and repurposed. That is not an animated series it's a cheap hack job from another show. Here is TVD description.

Aquaman is a Filmation animated series that premiered on CBS on September 9, 1967, and ended June 1970. It is a 30-minute version of The Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure, repackaged without the Superman and Superboy segments. The show is composed of previously aired adventures featuring the DC Comics superheroes Aquaman (voiced by Marvin Miller) and his sidekick Aqualad (voiced by Jerry Dexter), the Atom, the Flash and Kid Flash, the Green Lantern and Hawkman. The Justice League of America (Atom, Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman and Superman) and Teen Titans (Speedy, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl and Aqualad) are also featured in team adventures.

This is not a Aquaman Show to me.

So Aquaman is the butt of jokes. Until 1989, so was Batman much of the time.

People forget that.

I kind of like the New 52 take on Orm where he likes his brother and wants him to rule Atlantis, but can't do so due to their disagreement. By the way, how would you introduce Mera?

Ummm :o

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaman_(1967_TV_series)"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaman_(1967_TV_series)[/URL]
I'd do the whole "Mera is a spy from another kingdom" thing that they introduced in Brightest Day. She comes to Atlantis to spy on it, but she and Aquaman end up developing an attraction that ultimately turns into love. Also, her badassery is on full display.

Then she would probably be better to introduce in the possible sequel, when Arthur is already the king of Atlantis

Or what if they took some liberties and rewrote mera as the first atlantean to find Orin. Turn it into that old betrayal will she won't she hand him in movie. In the end have Orm take the throne because Arthur doesn't want it(yet), and the sequal can be the 52 throne of Atlantis story. You know, that old chestnut.

As long as it takes itself seriously, it could be great. I'm hoping to see it soon.

Oh yes, and shirtless Aquaman. Yes.

Anything pivotal to the legend of Aquaman on film or animated would be appreciated.
We got Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash & even Wonder Woman covered.
Why no respect for the King of Atlantis?

Anything pivotal to the legend of Aquaman on film or animated would be appreciated.
We got Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash & even Wonder Woman covered.
Why no respect for the King of Atlantis?

He gets an animated one next year.

it would have to start from the world engine that Zod used.

aquaman's been hiding on land like in new 52 i think.

while ocean master takes the throne and marches on the surface world with his army of atlantions and crazy deep sea creatures

it would have to start from the world engine that Zod used.

aquaman's been hiding on land like in new 52 i think.

while ocean master takes the throne and marches on the surface world with his army of atlantions and crazy deep sea creatures
Sounds like logic. I hope David Gallagher or Rhys Wakefield are considered for the role.

I would love to see Mera get some badass moments in a movie. She is such a strong character and I thing deserves the big screen treatment too

Well, the after-credits scene in JL: War does HEAVILY set up:
Throne of Atlantis. Ocean Master holds the surface world responsible for the damage that Darkseid's invasion did to the ocean and is preparing to retaliate.

All Aquaman really needs is just 1 badass adaption for people to sit up & take notice. I think something out of left field meshed with accepted canon would do him justice. I have an idea for it & will share it a thread soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"