The All-New Batusi Lounge

Polux

Just some nut
Reaction score
Unless we already have one in this section (Mods do ya thang!!), I think we could use one of these babies around here, ya know how this works fellas...

I was just talking to my friend about how awesome it would be is The Batman (or a future bat-solo starring the current actors that are part of DCEU) would be inspired by "Batman: Endgame"; such an awesome story (it became one of my favorite graphic novels EVER) and very emotional and awesome for a Batman and Joker with a long history as implied with the current iterations.

Adam West was a pillar of my early youth and he entertained so many generations. I sense he had long ago come to terms with his fame as the TV Batman of the 1960's. He was a great ambassador for the Bat fandom and his later years work in comedy ranging from working in live action with Conan O'Brien to voice over work in animation showed a skillful humor. There is always going to be a fai amount of people that think his version of Batman was damaging to the character, despite the heights of fame it brought to a character who was waning in his home media of comics at the time. West's Batman was on a campy show, no doubt, but really his Batman did encompass the things that instantly strike a child as cool about the character. The dual identity as playboy Bruce Wayne, the gadgets, the cave, the batmobile and other aesthetically pleasing vehicles, climbing up buildings, having fisticuffs in dark alleys or in exotic locations, the batarangs, the faithful Ward, the mystery solving... That's all in the show when you think about it and as a child there was no two ways about it, that Batman was cool. West's show and his performance kept the fires burning until the culture was ready to have a live action Batman more in line with the conception of the character as seen when handled by the likes of Finger, O'Neil, Englehart and of course Miller.

My thoughts go out to the various colleagues, friends and family of the man. He certainly enriched my childhood and made me laugh consistently as an adult. Rest In Peace Mr. Adam West.

Adam West was a pillar of my early youth and he entertained so many generations. I sense he had long ago come to terms with his fame as the TV Batman of the 1960's. He was a great ambassador for the Bat fandom and his later years work in comedy ranging from working in live action with Conan O'Brien to voice over work in animation showed a skillful humor. There is always going to be a fai amount of people that think his version of Batman was damaging to the character, despite the heights of fame it brought to a character who was waning in his home media of comics at the time. West's Batman was on a campy show, no doubt, but really his Batman did encompass the things that instantly strike a child as cool about the character. The dual identity as playboy Bruce Wayne, the gadgets, the cave, the batmobile and other aesthetically pleasing vehicles, climbing up buildings, having fisticuffs in dark alleys or in exotic locations, the batarangs, the faithful Ward, the mystery solving... That's all in the show when you think about it and as a child there was no two ways about it, that Batman was cool. West's show and his performance kept the fires burning until the culture was ready to have a live action Batman more in line with the conception of the character as seen when handled by the likes of Finger, O'Neil, Englehart and of course Miller.

My thoughts go out to the various colleagues, friends and family of the man. He certainly enriched my childhood and made me laugh consistently as an adult. Rest In Peace Mr. Adam West.
:csad: quoted for truth. It's a sad day. It seems as though 2017 is even worse than 2016 with all the celebrity deaths...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"