The inTOXICATED DC Boards Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tron Bonne

All Ass, No Sass
Reaction score
The hype is dead. We all know it to be true. We ride upon this dead and rotting corpse that was once filled with life, filled with joy, but now it only shambles and moans in a horrible death rattle. But we're still here! We still post, we still cry, we still belittle, and thank the gods, we don't have to actually ****ing see each other. The game may be over, but the players are still holding their controllers. Pull up a seat in this bio digital post-modern lounge, because even if we live in a dying corpse, it's always good to go where someone knows your name. Don't be afraid of the cubes, they're only spying on you from the other side:

12016419013_1e47fccf1b_o.jpg

The lounge was an original concept of the user Womp. Womp disappeared strangely upon marrying a meat heiress, or so I'm told. Allegedly, he lives, but like Nessy or Big Foot, it doesn't matter because it's not like we ****ing see him, is it? Don't forget to catch the special on the search for Womp on Discovery's groundbreaking series: We Were Womp, Where Went We? In the memory of Womp, I've decided to retire the un part of our Lounge name. The last was The unESCAPABLE DC Boards Lounge. I would post all the other in honors of our meaty missing comrade, but honestly, I don't remember them, and I don't care enough to look it up. Therefore I deem our new thing as in. Because you can't be in, if you're un.

So, I welcome you to the...

The inTOXICATED DC Boards Lounge

But like all lounges, we need rules. Just because we're dead, doesn't mean we have to be savages.

1. No mods allowed. Sorry, mods, we're just not a fan of “the man” around these parts. This rule does not apply to cool mods. Are you cool enough for the Lounge? If you have to ask, then there's your answer.
  2. All good news should be posted along with this picture, or one that is similar:
    12016159545_e36c45e26b_o.jpg

3. Take off your goddamn shoes in my lounge. I don't care if I can't see you; I don't care if I can't smell you; I don't care if I have no way of knowing if you really do it or not. This **** is going to be Japanese style, so take off those shoes before you post.
  4. lixdexia is not allowed
  5. If lixdexia comes in, belittle him harshly and to the very edge of ban worth material
  6. Absolutely no topic is off limits
  7. Politics is off limits
  8. If you're going to post music, good Lord, post good ****ing music.
  9. All of these rules were made to be broken

A lounge wouldn't be much with people visiting it. Here we keep track of current residents. If you want your own profile, PM me and I'll add you.

Tron Bonne aka artist formerly known as Teardrop, briefly loved as Codename Sailor V
26 years old/TN
The new boss, same as the old boss, better than the old boss

Hush
25/Saint Louis, MO
ORIGINAL Member of this thread

Anubis
176,223/The Underworld aka Chicago, IL
God of Death, Mummification, and Dick jokes.

Parker Wayne
21/Jersey City,NJ
IT'S ME AUSTIN!

Charlie Boy
26/ Bay Area
America's Sweetheart/Borderline terrorist.

Kane52630
23/Fort Worth, TX/Previous New Yorker
The Jams and Gifs Member of Skynet

RoughNTumble
13/f/CA

Colossal Spoons
28/Maryland
Still Awesome

antondlt
18/Asia
This is what happens when I travel alone.

So, there you go. It's here.

The hype is dead. We all know it to be true. We ride upon this dead and rotting corpse that was once filled with life, filled with joy, but now it only shambles and moans in a horrible death rattle. But we're still here! We still post, we still cry, we still belittle, and thank the gods, we don't have to actually ****ing see each other. The game may be over, but the players are still holding their controllers. Pull up a seat in this bio digital post-modern lounge, because even if we live in a dying corpse, it's always good to go where someone knows your name. Don't be afraid of the cubes, they're only spying on you from the other side:

If you're going to post music, good Lord, post good ****ing music.

K, This post put me in the mood for this.

[YT]36lWAcY9IXE[/YT]

I thought maybe you were going to go with Superman based on the first quote, but that's good, too!

*sniff

Smells funny in here.....did you get rid of the astroglide dispenser?

Nah, just switched to the mango-berry explosion scented kind

End of the Un age, I'm genuinely sad.

That current residents list is so short. :csad: I miss Corp, Darth and Lix. Oh well, dawn of a new age and all that ****. Things have been moving along pretty well in here lately, let's keep that up.

Good Zod in the Zone it's freezing outside. Hey, it seems warm in here at least. My car broke down outside... Is there a phone I can use? Uh... Why does everyone here have fangs dripping with the blood of the innocent on them?

Drunk lounge, I can dig it.

Anybody else follow Newsarama on Facebook? They've gotten out of hand with the barrage of lists and non-news stories to spark conversation. ****'s getting mighty annoying.

Damn skippy

How bout you stick around for a bit? No more of this popping out to buy a pack of smokes and showing up like 4 months later like nothing ever happened.

Drunk lounge, I can dig it.

Anybody else follow Newsarama on Facebook? They've gotten out of hand with the barrage of lists and non-news stories to spark conversation. ****'s getting mighty annoying.

Nah, just CBR and DC. I stopped following SHH on twitter cause there was just so much **** I didn't care about.

will sum1 buy me a drink

What's in it for me :o ?

Anyone here started watching True Detective?

I wish I could. Are Matt M. and Woody supposed to be brothers on the show? I could not see casting both in the same project and not have them portray kin of some kind.

They are related only in their mutual disdain for shirts.

(I don't really know, I haven't watched it yet.)

I wish I could. Are Matt M. and Woody supposed to be brothers on the show? I could not see casting both in the same project and not have them portray kin of some kind.

Nah not brothers but they both have a great chemistry from the get go.

Nah not brothers but they both have a great chemistry from the get go.

I could see that easily. The vibe of both is kinda in the same wheelhouse when you see interviews.

Yeah, loving every minute of it might I add. Rust's existentialism, Marty's crumbling marriage and crumbling affair. Daddario's rack. The cinematography as well as the amazing character actors. Great stuff. The crime takes a backseat to both Woody and Matt's evolution/relationship over 15 years.

They're not related on the show. While their personalities are pretty similar off the screen, on the show they're at two opposite ends of the spectrum.

One's a devoted family man who's living a lie. The other is an alcoholic, existentialist, hanging on by a thread.

Ah... So one is like my brother (excepting the LIE part) and the other is me (substituting weed for alcohol.)

Whatever get's you to watch. It's more of a character study than a crime-drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"