The All-Star Marvel RPG: Season 2.0 Signup/OOC Thread

I used Orson Randall though and did try to leave a wide berth for people who may have wanted to use Danny in the future.

As I have now for those who wish to use Orson. Many thanks for your forethought, sir.

The All-Star Marvel RPG
Character Application

Character you would like to play: Carnage/Cletus Kasady

Powers: The symbiote that is one with Kasady's body gives him a mixture of Spider-Man and Venom's powers, amplified. He has their strength and aility and the ability to shoot out part of his symbiote to use as webbing. He can also form sharp objects with it, and even shift its shape into a disguise. Carnage also has a form of "spider-sense" that was carried over from the symbiote's original host, Peter Parker.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point): Since the age of 8 Cletus Kasady has been a sadistic maniac. He killed his grandmother by pushing her down a flight of stairs, and later on proceeded to kill again, including pushing a girl in front of a bus because she refused to go on a date with him. Kasady believes that the only way to truly gain freedom is through violent chaos and bloodshed.
He becomes a serial killer and is arrested. In prison he shares a cell with Eddie Brock, and when Brock's symbiote comes back to bond with him, it leaves behind an offspring that takes Casady and turns him into the horrific Carnage. He escaped from prison and began his rampage of chaos. Killing wherever he wanted, he always left behind his name written in blood as a tease to Spider-Man. Although the webslinger has defeated Carnage in battle before, it is never easy, and now Carnage roams the shadows of the city somewhere, perhaps in the form of anyone else, and Spidey just hopes he won't strike again for a while.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: Who wouldn't want to play a homicidal maniac with a symbiote attached to him? Plus, Carnage is a character that often doesn't get a lot of credit for how truly awesome he is, but I think that a lot of interesting things can be done by examining the world through Kasady's point of view.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): Cletus is laying low for now. He's been bested one too many times by the wall crawler and he's biding his time. He lives under a fake name in a crummy apartment in the Bronx and every now and again murders someone just so he can feel the thrill of the kill.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I think I can really get into Carnage's head for this and make him and interesting character who won't just be a cookie cutter sociopath. I hope to really interact with the other characters and get Carnage out there as a main player.

Please provide a small sample post in the format you wish to portray your character in (Minimum three paragraphs/one line of dialogue, maximum six paragraphs):

The night is cold in New York city. I walk calmly through the cool breeze, my shoes tapping loudly on the concrete. I can smell her from two blocks down. That perfume. It's only what rich women wear. Wonder what's she doing in a neighborhood like this?

Soon I finally see her through the fog. Ah, she is beautiful. She hears me behind her and turns her head. She doesn't scream. Why would she? All that's in front of her is a man in a coat. She keeps walking. I'm faster than her. I can smell that perfume so crisply in the air. I'm right behind her. She turns around, but this time the man in the coat is gone, now there's only CARNAGE

She screams.
But only for a moment.

I engulf her in me, my tendrils fly around her waist and around her lips, turning her screams into silence. I laugh and bring her close to me. The perfume smells so good. I can see the tears building up in her eyes.

"I bet you think I'm going to kill you," I say to her as she whimpers, "don't you?"

She starts to cry. I love when they do this. How pathetic. I turn to her and give her a big wide Carnage smile.

"Well you certainly have the right idea!"

Oh yes, you certainly do. But not yet. First my pretty little lady, you're going to help me bait a spider.

228689-108406-carnage_super.jpg

Cool application, Brain Damage. It's obvious that you like the character, and you've got the chops to write in the games. Right now, though, Carnage doesn't exist in this game. Right now, all the players are working together to build the world of the Marvel Universe. We started everyone at 0. Some characters have been written about already, so there is some history here, but it's not as extensive as the Marvel Universe.

Maybe one of the other players will be able to tell histories about specific characters? I'm new here, myself.

Cool application, Brain Damage. It's obvious that you like the character, and you've got the chops to write in the games. Right now, though, Carnage doesn't exist in this game. Right now, all the players are working together to build the world of the Marvel Universe. We started everyone at 0. Some characters have been written about already, so there is some history here, but it's not as extensive as the Marvel Universe.

Maybe one of the other players will be able to tell histories about specific characters? I'm new here, myself.

Ah, alright that makes perfect sense to me. Thank you for letting me know!

If you want details on characters (particularly in the Spider-Man franchise), send me a private message and I can tell you what's been done with them.

That's the first part of my post. I'll get the second up ASAP.

Well, I've got a brand new computer and I'm coming back!

The All-Star Marvel RPG

Character Application

Character you would like to play: Tony Stark/Iron Man

Powers: Tony has no natural powers. However, due to the accident he had from the military, his right side is augmented with cybernetic implants, which grant him slight superhuman strength. Tony also has a miniture arc reactor in his chest that allows him to run and pilot the Iron Man suit.

Tony pilots the Iron Man armor, which is above top of the line Stark Enterprises technology. The suite provides Tony with superhuman strength, superhuman endurance, flight, and a vast array of offensive capabilities.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point): In the first season of ASM, Tony began working anonymously as Iron Man in order to combat terrorists who have come into possession with Stark weapons, as well as to discover who was providing them with the weapons. During this time, he also teamed with Captain America and Thor in order to bring down a rampaging Hulk, after which the three agreed to team up if any future threat needed all their attention.

After the Stark Expo, where Tony was forced to announced a line of pilotable Iron Men suits from Stark Inustries, Tony discovered that SI's CEO Obadiah Stane was the one providing terrorist with weapons. Using this information, Stark forced his father's longtime partner out of the company and took over the CEO position. Here, he changed the company's name to Stark Enterprises, and moved them out of the weapons manufacturing business. Tony also went public with his dual identity.

Eventually, Tony faced Obadiah in combat, defeating him and his Iron Monger armor. Tony also met with Captain America at his father's old mansion, where it was discovered that Howard was a founding member of SHIELD. The mansion then became the home of the newly formed Avengers.

Tony is currently investigating the bombing/attack on one of his private Iron Man testing and development labs.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: It's Tony Freaking Stark. He's the guy all of us wish we could be. He's got all the money, women, and power anyone could ever asked for. He seems like such a fun character to write, and I'd like to try my hand at him.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): The Avengers need to be represented in the game, and Iron Man is by far my favorite in that regard. Also, I'd like to bring one of Iron Man's more iconic villains into the fold.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I can bring a player with a decent amount of free time to get this game back up and running. Plus, I mean we need some of the big players represented here.

Please provide a small sample post in the format you wish to portray your character in (Minimum three paragraphs/one line of dialogue, maximum six paragraphs):

"You know Pepper doesn't like me going out with you," Happy Hogan protests as we step out of the car.

"Yea well, I need a wingman," I give him a sarcastic smile. I do like hanging out with Happy, and I could use a nice chill night out. "I mean it's not like I can bring Captain America out with me. And Thor speaks like he's a guest at the Royal Wedding and dresses like he's ready to go LARPing. Yea, LARPing. I know what it is. The geeks love me. I need to stay up on that kind of stuff."

We walk through the back door of the club into the VIP room, and as we do, the spotlights shine on me, the DJ blathers on about Iron Man, and the crowd goes wild. A more humble man would hate this. But if there's one thing I've never been called it's humble.

"Thank you, thank you!" I smile taking the microphone. "I hope all of you are having a good time, and if you're a woman who's interested in having a better time come on up. No fat chicks."

I take a seat at a table next to Happy, giggling like an idiot. He gives me a dirty look, "What? I've got an image to uphold."

Iron_Man.jpg

Character you would like to play: Baron Helmut Zemo II

Powers: Zemo was genetically engineered from his first cell to become the perfect human being. Due to that, he possesses superhuman strength, endurance, agility, reflexes, and dexterity. He was also gifted with a superhuman intelligence, and is easily one of the smartest men on the planet. Zemo also ages slower than a normal human.

Zemo spent his entire life training to be the ultimate soldier, and his skills reflect that. He is deadly with all types of firearms, though he prefers to use swords and blades to kill his opponents.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point): Helmut Zemo II was born in a lab in Hydra's secret base. The lab was the only place he had ever been, the only place he had ever known. His father, Baron Helmut Zemo II who became the heir-apparent of HYDRA after his father was killed by Captain America, was the leader of HYDRA, and desired a son more than anything else. But he wanted his son to be perfect, so he had HYDRA's top geneticists form and augment the fetus immediately after conception.

Once the baby was fully grown, he was taken out of the artificial womb which he was encased in, and began his education. The elder Zemo wanted to make sure his son ended up the perfect human being and leader of HYDRA, and left nothing out of his training. He was proud of the son he had made, but the boy resented his father deeply.

The father often went on diatribes about Nick Fury and Captain America, and how the world would be his if it wasn't for the men, yet the boy never saw the man do anything about it.

But when the boy became a man, he acted swiftly. On his twenty-fifth birthday, the boy killed his father with his own sword, along with all of his father's most trusted advisers and supporters. He quickly used his own group of followers to seize control of HYDRA, and claimed it would be a new era of action for the terrorist organization.

But before this happened, Zemo had one of his greatest victories. Nick Fury, the man who had helped defeat HYDRA so many times before, had attempted to assassinate the fledgling HYDRA leader before he could take over. The young Zemo foiled him, however, with the help of his bodyguard Andreas von Strucker. Zemo then brainwashed Fury to become a mole in the ranks of SHIELD.

Zemo then struck a plan to cripple the United States using a stolen nuclear warhead. The plan was foiled, however, when Captain America managed to break the HYDRA leader's hold over Fury, who then sacrificed himself to foil the plan.

But this is merely a road bump in the way of HYDRA and Zemo, who now has a new plan for Global domination.

When we last saw Zemo, he had recruited Moonstone, who had escaped from Genosha Bay when Captain America broke Ms. Marvel out.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: First of all, we have no villains, and I wanted to bring one to the table. Also, I wanted one that hadn't been touched yet so I could come up with my own backstory. Zemo will be a schemer who is not afraid to get his hands dirty, and that interests me. Also, he's a threat to both the Avengers and HAMMER at a time when they're at each other's throats.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): I plan on having bring HYDRA into the forefront, while recruiting villains to his cause. Also, I want him to poke his head into and mess around with HAMMER and The Avengers.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I can bring an interesting villain, which is desperately needed. Also, I can bring a villain. Yes, I know I said the same thing. Deal with it.

"You're sure this is the most...prudent course of action?" Andreas von Strucker asks as we pace through the halls of HYDRA Headquarters. "It could be the death of us."

I sigh audibly and think before responding. Andreas has always been my biggest supporter. I guess it has to do with our similar origins, but he has always been much more...careful and cautious than me. "Yes, I'm sure," I respond coolly. "The iron is hot and ready for striking. If we do not act we run the risk of our enemies uniting against us. And I have found the necessary...assets to complete my plan."

"Very well," he bows. "Shall I make preparations for our departure?"

"Please," I smile at my right hand. "We have recruiting to do."

Zemo.jpg

Awesome, welcome back!

Iron Man and Zemo are APPROVED!

Hi new here just wanted to ask before I posted app Taskmaster and Shinobi Shaw anything been done or used with them Thanks

So Im back, previous computer crashed and it took me awhile to get a new one. And then I had to get my password back in a longish story not work telling. Im working on a Hulk app. Saw some of the new Avenger's cartoon and it gave me ideas.

Character: Rey Trueno/ Stanley "Thunderclap" Johnson/ Frederick "The Big Man" Foswell

Powers: None/ Armor glove that when clapped together make sonic booms / None

Bio/ bio's: Rey Trueno is the UFl owner. Though some what shady and over baring, the man can put on one hell of a show. Thunderclap Stan Johnson is a hero down on his luck look to find a career that will let him use his costume thunderclap armor. Ex-mob enforcer Big Man is looking into some dirty deals insuring him money and street rep as he try to progress to a full on mob boss. What better place then in the already shady UFL organization.

Why I have chosen these characters: I want to expand my UFL story farther then just Armadillo, and I think with these few characters I can add some depth to my characters and story. Also I would like to depict the UFL as a little darker skummy place that I imagine it is behind the scenes and with the involvement of the mob that should just about do it.

What I plan to do: Rey and Thunderclap are just as unimportant as my already running character Armadillo was, so they are pretty much open ended witch make them fit into what I want them to do with out making to many people cheesed off. Big Man at one time was had a little more background writing about him and I will keep his past his past. Though thought dead I'll have him come back to the crime under-world through means of the UFL.

What I can do: I have been MIA for a bit, but I think everyone has. Although my lap top is working again and I like to use it for this rpg (being confined to my room blows!) And with my fingers cross hope everyone reads it and enjoys it for what it is.

Paragraph:

NOT TO LONG AGO.
"There is about fifteen grand in that case Mr.Trueno. I know you are a smart man and to get my fighter outside the door in a fight should not cost nearly that much."
"Well, Mr.Big Man"
"Just BigMan will do."
"Then BigMan, I know you also are a smart man and I know, you know that you are not the first man of your.... for say business ethnics to walk through my door. I know the run down, you have a few fighters you buy in to a match here and there next you think we are some kind of partners, I then blink my eyes you think you run the place and if I have anything to say about it you shake me down."
"1956 Satin Lane mean anything to you."
"N--n-no"
"See Mr.Trueno, I'm not that guy, that method takes to much time and leads you to believe I like you, I loth you, you worm. You now get to decide to play nice or have my guys kill your wife in front of your darling children, then remove the little bastards eye making it the last site they see for the rest of there lives."
The tower of a man behind BigMan gives a subtle grin.

"So BigMan you got me in the fight, right?"
"Kid, I'll be the first to say "and now the new UFL champiooooon Thunnnnnderclaaaap".

Errr, hate to break it to you, but this game's dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"