The All-Star Marvel RPG: Season 2.0 Signup/OOC Thread

Well, Eddie Brock is nowhere to be found, and we need an Iron Man, so.......let's do it.

Carnage is APPROVED for Iron Man.

Still working on closing this post, Its so close yet so far. Its makin my head first. Also today and tommorrow re my last days for school and there's a few things I got left to finish before I can devote more time to the game.

Okay, I'm dropping Kitty, but will have a new X-App up tomorrow.

So there's one more Chevy post to go before me and Byrd's first arc is finished. I've been hella busy with school lately, but having just gotten some positive feedback on my thesis, I expect to be able to get that post up somewhere in the coming days (aka soon). Stay tuned.

So there's one more Chevy post to go before me and Byrd's first arc is finished. I've been hella busy with school lately, but having just gotten some positive feedback on my thesis, I expect to be able to get that post up somewhere in the coming days (aka soon). Stay tuned.

I await with bated breath....

:cmad:

Also, I know I haven't posted in a bit...but I will when we get more activity from the rest of you. Of the 64 IC posts so far, I've done 23 of them *****es. I'm over a third of the game right now. Let's see you *****es get to work! :cmad:

I know I've been feeling rather unmotivated myself, but I'm working on it. Spidey/Gobby part 2 should be done this evening once I'm off work. Once that's done, I'll try to get something going with Cap and Cyke again.

So I'm about three fourths of the way through a new Spidey post, then I step away to make some dinner, only to find out my computer has gotten all crapped up with some virus. Probably gonna be posting from my phone til I get a new pc.

EDIT: Virus has been found and eradicated. Posting shall resume as soon as I get off of work. High-fives will follow.

Last edited:
And with that short - but hopefully sweet - post, the first arc of '72 Chevy comes to a close. Stay tuned.

Okay...so I want to pick up another character, but currently I'm a bit conflicted on who I want to pick up.

Magneto keeps popping up into my mind, but I wouldn't mind getting a PC into the ranks of HAMMER.

Character you would like to play: Scott Summers aka Cyclops

Powers: Cyclops has the ability to fire powerful blasts of energy from his eyes. In this continuity, Scott can control these blasts and doesn't require constant eye protection in order to function.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point):

From Andy C:

Scott Summers has spent most of his life in the Westchester Academy, being brought there after an uncontrolled optic blast destroyed his home and killed his parents. Isolated from his only remaining family (his brother Alex), Scott spent most of his early childhood being mentored by the kindly Professor Charles Xavier, who saw the potential in Scott to be a paragon of mutant-kind.

During his tutelage, the Westchester Academy began to change around Scott, the atmosphere becoming more military in nature, even Charles himself suddenly becoming more distant, eventually becoming a proponent of the controversial Mutant Registration Act that he had previously opposed. After the Professor's assassination, Scott continued his training under Colonel David Haller, who molded Summers not into a peacemaker or diplomat, but a loyal soldier in HAMMER's mutant task-force, the X-Men.

Years later, Scott was dismayed when he learned that First Sergeant Jean Grey--with whom he had been fraternizing against orders--had been captured during a battle with the mutant terrorist organization the Brotherhood. Constantly fighting with Colonel Haller about the lack of progress in search-and-rescue missions, Summers was relieved of his command and forced onto lesser missions with new recruits. During this time, he came into possession of secret documents: lost writings by Charles Xavier, showing that Haller had been manipulating the X-Men for years, twisting the Professor's thoughts with a weapon called 'Cerebro' to bend him to HAMMER's agenda. These were given to him by a SHIELD agent named Emma Frost, who had concluded that the Brotherhood would use Cerebro, augmented by Jean Grey's powerful psychic abilities, to dominate the mutant race and force them into a genocidal race-war against humanity.

Openly defying his orders, Scott led a team of X-Men to the Brotherhood compound in order to rescue Jean, and upon returning, declared that the X-Men would no longer be taking orders from HAMMER, forcing Haller and the rest of the military personnel out of Westchester once and for all.

Now leading a group of loyal but technically 'fugitive' X-Men, reunited with Jean and his long-estranged brother Alex, Cyclops faces the challenges of taking on both the Brotherhood and reprisals from HAMMER, as well as taking in new students to the reopened Academy.

At this point in time, as Scott looks to reconnect with his long, lost brother, Magneto strikes against Genosha, claiming it for mutant-kind everywhere. Knowing what this will mean for his race, Cyclops looks to take his new found, free X-Men on their first true test as an independent entity.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: Honestly? Because I've never played Cyke before, even though he's one of my favorite X-Men. And being one of the few that's committed to the X-Universe(I mean I've played Nightcrawler in OU for like 5 years), I figure I can keep the torch burning.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): First of all, the team needs to deal with Magneto on Genosha. And they need their leader in order to deal with that. After that, I've got some ideas on where to take the characters.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I can bring the X-Men. I mean really, what else do I have to say? The mutants are a huge part of the world, and they need to be represented. And considering I'm one of the few who actually stick with X-Men characters, I figure I can do it.

Please provide a small sample post in the format you wish to portray your character in (Minimum three paragraphs/one line of dialogue, maximum six paragraphs):

"Scott!" Alex shakes me again as I continue to stare at the screen. The camera hasn't left the decimation and destruction Magneto is leveling upon Genosha. And my eyes can't look away either.

But after another shake, I come to my sense and turn to my brother. I can see the determination in his eyes. i can see what he wants to do, and I can't blame him. Magneto is half the reason we're treated like we are, and I'm not going to stand back and allow him to continue this.

Without a word, I turn and head out of the bar, Alex not far behind me. We both hop on our motorcycles and take off towards our compund. Once I get here, I find the team huddled around the TV, just as entranced as I am. As I enter, they turn to me, and I say, "What are you all waiting for? Suit up."

X-men_Origins_Cyclops_t300.jpg

Another app will be up tomorrow.

Carnage is APPROVED for Cyclops.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I seriously need to update the roster.

Yep. Is it good? I desperately want to see it.

Heh I was going to ask you. I haven't seen it yet, but an indie theater near me will be playing it in a few weeks. I'm a fan of Richard Ayoade so I'm pretty excited.

Also, do we seriously have no villains?

You rang?

The All-Star Marvel RPG

Character Application

Character you would like to play: Baron Helmut Zemo II

Powers: Zemo was genetically engineered from his first cell to become the perfect human being. Due to that, he possesses superhuman strength, endurance, agility, reflexes, and dexterity. He was also gifted with a superhuman intelligence, and is easily one of the smartest men on the planet. Zemo also ages slower than a normal human.

Zemo spent his entire life training to be the ultimate soldier, and his skills reflect that. He is deadly with all types of firearms, though he prefers to use swords and blades to kill his opponents.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point): Helmut Zemo II was born in a lab in Hydra's secret base. The lab was the only place he had ever been, the only place he had ever known. His father, Baron Helmut Zemo II who became the heir-apparent of HYDRA after his father was killed by Captain America, was the leader of HYDRA, and desired a son more than anything else. But he wanted his son to be perfect, so he had HYDRA's top geneticists form and augment the fetus immediately after conception.

Once the baby was fully grown, he was taken out of the artificial womb which he was encased in, and began his education. The elder Zemo wanted to make sure his son ended up the perfect human being and leader of HYDRA, and left nothing out of his training. He was proud of the son he had made, but the boy resented his father deeply.

The father often went on diatribes about Nick Fury and Captain America, and how the world would be his if it wasn't for the men, yet the boy never saw the man do anything about it.

But when the boy became a man, he acted swiftly. On his twenty-fifth birthday, the boy killed his father with his own sword, along with all of his father's most trusted advisers and supporters. He quickly used his own group of followers to seize control of HYDRA, and claimed it would be a new era of action for the terrorist organization.

But before this happened, Zemo had one of his greatest victories. Nick Fury, the man who had helped defeat HYDRA so many times before, had attempted to assassinate the fledgling HYDRA leader before he could take over. The young Zemo foiled him, however, with the help of his bodyguard Andreas von Strucker. Zemo then brainwashed Fury to become a mole in the ranks of SHIELD.

Zemo then struck a plan to cripple the United States using a stolen nuclear warhead. The plan was foiled, however, when Captain America managed to break the HYDRA leader's hold over Fury, who then sacrificed himself to foil the plan.

But this is merely a road bump in the way of HYDRA and Zemo, who now has a new plan for Global domination.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: First of all, we have no villains, and I wanted to bring one to the table. Also, I wanted one that hadn't been touched yet so I could come up with my own backstory. Zemo will be a schemer who is not afraid to get his hands dirty, and that interests me. Also, he's a threat to both the Avengers and HAMMER at a time when they're at each other's throats.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): I plan on having bring HYDRA into the forefront, while recruiting villains to his cause. Also, I want him to poke his head into and mess around with HAMMER and The Avengers.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I can bring an interesting villain, which is desperately needed. Also, I can bring a villain. Yes, I know I said the same thing. Deal with it.

Please provide a small sample post in the format you wish to portray your character in (Minimum three paragraphs/one line of dialogue, maximum six paragraphs):

"You're sure this is the most...prudent course of action?" Andreas von Strucker asks as we pace through the halls of HYDRA Headquarters. "It could be the death of us."

I sigh audibly and think before responding. Andreas has always been my biggest supporter. I guess it has to do with our similar origins, but he has always been much more...careful and cautious than me. "Yes, I'm sure," I respond coolly. "The iron is hot and ready for striking. If we do not act we run the risk of our enemies uniting against us. And I have found the necessary...assets to complete my plan."

"Very well," he bows. "Shall I make preparations for our departure?"

"Please," I smile at my right hand. "We have recruiting to do."

Zemo.jpg

Last edited:
Well, Zemo was used briefly towards the end of Season 1. He was the one behind the hijacking of a SHIELD nuclear warhead, and was going to launch it into space and wipe out the electronics in the western hemisphere with a global EMP (and also subliminally manipulating Fury into being a mole for HYDRA). Cap and Fury stopped him, but Fury apparently died in the process, detonating the nuke before it could be launched. Zemo escaped and hasn't been heard from since.

Also, it was established that the WWII Zemo was the current Zemo's grandfather, who had been killed by the original Captain America back in '45.

No mention was made of the Zemo in between the WWII Baron and the current one, so your origin for him could still work with a little tweaking.

Well, Zemo was used briefly towards the end of Season 1. He was the one behind the hijacking of a SHIELD nuclear warhead, and was going to launch it into space and wipe out the electronics in the western hemisphere with a global EMP (and also subliminally manipulating Fury into being a mole for HYDRA). Cap and Fury stopped him, but Fury apparently died in the process, detonating the nuke before it could be launched. Zemo escaped and hasn't been heard from since.

Also, it was established that the WWII Zemo was the current Zemo's grandfather, who had been killed by the original Captain America back in '45.

No mention was made of the Zemo in between the WWII Baron and the current one, so your origin for him could still work with a little tweaking.

I searched and found none of that. But that's probably more to me being lazy and not reading every single post than it not being there.:doh:

I'll work on my stuff.

Okay, redid the origin.

I realize now why nothing turned up in my search. I completely forgot we did the whole "Season 1.5" thing, and 1.5 was sent to the archives while 1 wasn't.

And with that done, Carnage27 is APPROVED for Baron Zemo.

On a side note, dude, you are seriously stepping up to keep this game afloat, picking up Iron Man, Cyke, and a major villain like Zemo. Keep hope alive, man!

And with that done, Carnage27 is APPROVED for Baron Zemo.

On a side note, dude, you are seriously stepping up to keep this game afloat, picking up Iron Man, Cyke, and a major villain like Zemo. Keep hope alive, man!

I do what I can. I'm just hoping some newbies stumble over the games and see what we're doing and pick up a few characters. This whole thing of 4-5 people keeping each game alive sucks.

What he said.

Don't get bogged down in apathy! That kills a game faster than anything.

Heh I was going to ask you. I haven't seen it yet, but an indie theater near me will be playing it in a few weeks. I'm a fan of Richard Ayoade so I'm pretty excited.
I mostly want to see it because of the location. It takes place in Swansea, where I lived for a few months. Also, the trailer looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"