The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Fan Art/Manips Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Costume with the honeycomb pattern from TASM

I would much rather of had that than seeing them re-use Tobey Maguire's costume. Yes the eyes look great, but come on... same pattern within material, same webbing outside, same spider on front. I don't normally complain, but this just seems lazy to me, especially considering the budget.

spiderman3p.jpg

spider-man-strangled-by-venom.jpg

*Sigh*

The only Spider-Man villain on film that I've found to truly be terrifying in both his appearance and with what he was presented on being capable of on film...such a shame that usage of his character, let alone his characterization was the complete opposite.

I'm a BIG fan of the new eyes, though I would also love to eventually see them even bigger. It's a hard line to walk though, I've noticed. They can end up looking very goofy, or cartoony.

The eyes we've got look very influenced by the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon series, or at least they are comparable in size.

I find they are actually making him look younger. I kind of like this, and it really helps feel reminiscent of the Ultimate line, and i like that, hopefully keeping him in high-school for thee movies so far.

If they continue on past high-school, possibly even past college, I'd love to see the eyes change again.

Any who, here's what I'd love to eventually see:

hrtheamazingspiderman21.jpg

Ultimate_Spider-Man.jpg

I agree. The bigger the eyes, the more insect like the suit looks.

One of the complaints of ASM was that it was a 'Raimi rip-off.' They are hardly trying to diminish that by having the suit look like Tobey Maguire's.

Yeah, something tells me that maybe the studio felt the movie did not do as good as it should have because of some of the negative feedback of the suit prior to release and well because the movie wasn't all that good...at least IMO. It was decent, okay, but I would've rather waited for rental..oh well.

Anywho, I'm betting the studio wanted the Raimi look or traditional look in order to extinguish any negativity regarding the last suit...though it wasn't that bad...and it grew on me. Plus the Raimi films were successful so why not try to capitalize on some part of that success.

Totally agree, I loved Venom's look in SM3, aside from any time we see Eric Foreman's face revealed (which was all too often).

"I'm going to kill Peter Parker! He's the reason I walked in on my parents getting funky back in season 1!":oldrazz:

Yeah, something tells me that maybe the studio felt the movie did not do as good as it should have because of some of the negative feedback of the suit prior to release and well because the movie wasn't all that good...at least IMO. It was decent, okay, but I would've rather waited for rental..oh well.

Anywho, I'm betting the studio wanted the Raimi look or traditional look in order to extinguish any negativity regarding the last suit...though it wasn't that bad...and it grew on me. Plus the Raimi films were successful so why not try to capitalize on some part of that success.

That is my thought as well, although I did like TASM, I just thought the retelling of the origin was completely unessesary. I much prefer Garfield's performance as Peter.

This is brilliant and what the costume should have evolved into.
This is lovely. It's a real shame they didn't just do these minor tweaks to the previous costume. Good drawing sir.
Thanks man!:woot: I agree with you, all they needed to do was tweak a bit here or there and have the suit evolve. Instead the scrapped the suit altogether.

spiderman3p.jpg

spider-man-strangled-by-venom.jpg

*Sigh*

The only Spider-Man villain on film that I've found to truly be terrifying in both his appearance and with what he was presented on being capable of on film...such a shame that usage of his character, let alone his characterization was the complete opposite.

Unfortunately, these are like the only two frames of the film where he looks proper.

I would have been a very happy camper if we at least got this pattern on the outfit to have some of TASM costume left for this one.

I'm done complaining though; it's should all be awesome. :woot:

I would have been a very happy camper if we at least got this pattern on the outfit to have some of TASM costume left for this one.

I'm done complaining though; it's should all be awesome. :woot:

We do still have longspider from TASM's costume. That made me happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"