Sequels The Amazing Spider-Man 3 General Discussion

Or will be introduced within the confines of TASM3. Not that hard, honestly.

It would actually be 3 if we count Green Goblin. Big villains like GG and Doc Ock need to be main villains in a film before.

Part of the reason S6 was great in the comics was that they were built up as their own threats before being in a team. Having the S6 in TASM3 or 4 would make them feel like just being a threat only as a team like the Enforcers.

It would actually be 3 if we count Green Goblin. Big villains like GG and Doc Ock need to be main villains in a film before.

Part of the reason S6 was great in the comics was that they were built up as their own threats before being in a team. Having the S6 in TASM3 or 4 would make them feel like just being a threat only as a team like the Enforcers.

I don't disagree with you, but the reality Sony will be facing is Webb is already basically saying he won't come back, and Garfield has said he's unlikely to come back as well. Unless they can convince them to come back, I see no way they don't do Sinister Six next film.

I don't think Venom or that SS spin-off have release dates yet. Maybe those will be come prior to TASM3 and help bridge the gap. But, even without them, Sony has no guarantee Webb or Garfield stay. So, unless they want to risk doing the Sinister Six with a recasted group, they'll have to do it in TASM3.

I think TASM4 at the earliest. Sinister Six and Venom don't even have dates yet. Also,

"TASM4 might be more than just a Spider-Man movie."

I think Sinister Six will come after TASM3 and before TASM4.

I think Sinister Six will come after TASM3 and before TASM4.

This. I really don't think Sinister Six will be in TASM3. For starters, you kinda need to set it up properly. In TASM3 we should probably be starting to see some of the others from the Six show up in minor roles, like Dock Ock and Vulture for example. It also doesn't make sense (IMO) to have the Sinister Six in TASM3, before the movie about Sinister Six comes out. Wouldn't a logical plotline for the S6 movie be about how this group forms? How they come together with the purpose of defeating Spider-Man, and that's what we get in TASM4.

This. I really don't think Sinister Six will be in TASM3. For starters, you kinda need to set it up properly. In TASM3 we should probably be starting to see some of the others from the Six show up in minor roles, like Dock Ock and Vulture for example. It also doesn't make sense (IMO) to have the Sinister Six in TASM3, before the movie about Sinister Six comes out. Wouldn't a logical plotline for the S6 movie be about how this group forms? How they come together with the purpose of defeating Spider-Man, and that's what we get in TASM4.

My main conern is will they introduce the villains before hand? We still need to see (or finnish?) what they have been building with Goblin. Doc Ock needs to be a main villain too, I'd also like to see more non-Oscorp characters like Mysterio or Kraven.

Here's a challange, how can they introduce four more villains in TASM3? We know Electro and Rhino will probably be in it.

Even if we include Lizard that means Vulture,Doc Ock and Green Goblin would be in TASM3. I can not see how that would work. TASM2 can work with 3 as Electrois the only A lister.

Doc Ock doesn't have to be a main villain before joining the Sinister Six. He should be introduced as Dr. Otto Octavious beforehand and have some character development, but he doesn't have to be a big villain beforehand. As long as they introduce him first and start developing his character.

Doc Ock doesn't have to be a main villain before joining the Sinister Six. He should be introduced as Dr. Otto Octavious beforehand and have some character development, but he doesn't have to be a big villain beforehand. As long as they introduce him first and start developing his character.

I agree. I don't think everyone in S6 needs to be in a movie before S6. Just have them be part of the universe. You can get a glimpse of Doc Ock before he has changed. In TASM3 we will most likely get Green Goblin, Rhino (again) and a third villain, either Vulture, Mysterio or Doc Ock (I'm assuming). Even if you only have like 4 villains already in place before the 4th, you could shorten some of the origin stories. Someone like Vulture for example, we don't NEED a movie about Vulture before he joins S6. Cool if they do it, but same with Mysterio really.

They should introduce Otto the same way they did in USM in my opinion.

Does anyone think the heavy weight of SM2 being as universally loved might lead to Doc Ock not being the "big bad" of a TASM movie? I fully expect him to be part of this universe and S6, but if you make him the big bad of a movie, I think a lot of the general audiences will start comparing it to SM2, and expectations will be pretty high. If they have a really good Doc Ock story to tell, I'm sure they will do it either way, because as long as it's a Spider-Man movie, people will throw their money at it. But someone like Green Goblin feels more "easy" to do in TASM, but Doc Ock is pretty much considered the best villain of the old SM movies.

Like I said, I'm not saying the shadow of SM2 would prevent them from doing Doc Ock as the main villain in a movie, but to me it feels more likely that they would go for Mysterio or Vulture, or someone we have not seen yet, because it would give the movie a more unique and "new" feel to it.

For ASM 3 I'd expect Mysterio, GG & Rhino. Doc Ock, Vulture and Mysterio are big enough to give a decent script too.

Do you think Avi Arad will put a spanner in the works if Webb finally decides Mysterio?

Last edited:
Well I think Doc Ock will be the lead villain of the Sinister Six movie. Anyone agree? Although he will be a part of a team, he will probably be the focus of that film and the story will revolve around him (and Oscorp) more than the other group members. This way you have Doc Ock as a lead character but also avoid the whole "this is Spider-Man 2 all over again."

Well I think Doc Ock will be the lead villain of the Sinister Six movie. Anyone agree? Although he will be a part of a team, he will probably be the focus of that film and the story will revolve around him (and Oscorp) more than the other group members. This way you have Doc Ock as a lead character but also avoid the whole "this is Spider-Man 2 all over again."

Re-Using Ock wouldn't be Spider-Man 2 all over again, it would be a different story for a start.

Doc Ock is a major foe, he's tied with Green Goblin IMO. Having as just Otto Octavious and then the Sinister Six wouldn't work. Ock needs to really build up a hatred of Spider-Man and he'd need to have proved himself to become the leader.

If they made Ock more similar to Ultimate it would be more similar to what Raimi did. I think this Doc Ock should be the "Master Planner" from 616, he should above everyone else in the team be established as a threat to Spider-Man.

Wait, how was Raimi's Doc Ock similar to Ultimate Spider-Man other than the fact that he was [barely] tied to Oscorp?

Wait, how was Raimi's Doc Ock similar to Ultimate Spider-Man other than the fact that he was [barely] tied to Oscorp?

Raimi Ock and Ultimate Ock were both afflicted with Oscorp and were more sympathetic. Ultimate and Raimi Ock never intended to kill Spider-Man originally, he just interfered with their plans. Raimi Ock and Ultimate Ock never had strictly evil plans. Ultimate Ock wanted revenge and Raimi Ock was just arrogant to fulfill his dream, whatever the cost.

I guess. But when I say Doc Ock should be like he was in USM, I mean that he should be one of Oscorp's scientists. In SM2, he was just being funded by Oscorp, but that's it.

I guess. But when I say Doc Ock should be like he was in USM, I mean that he should be one of Oscorp's scientists. In SM2, he was just being funded by Oscorp, but that's it.

Technically, that does make him an Oscorp scientist because he is employed by them. Others didn't fund it like the University, as far as we know Octavious had the dream and Oscorp had the money to make it happen, they will also reap much of the rewards.

Point is, making Ock a scientist of Oscorp is fine. Problem is, if Lizard is in there too that's three Oscorp scientists being part of the six! The Sinister Six shouldn't be only for Oscorp scientists. That's very repetitive.

Lizard is more than likely not going to be in the sinister six.

I don't think every S6 member needs to be introduced beforehand. Guys like Doc Ock and GG maybe do, but I don't think guys like Shocker or Vulture need that much introduction beyond "petty thief with mechanical suit/genetic enhancements". The majority of them you could probably establish in a quick montage and let their personalities do the rest.

I don't think every S6 member needs to be introduced beforehand. Guys like Doc Ock and GG maybe do, but I don't think guys like Shocker or Vulture need that much introduction beyond "petty thief with mechanical suit/genetic enhancements". The majority of them you could probably establish in a quick montage and let their personalities do the rest.
Exactly. Doc Ock is the most important member out of the other 6, but as you said, you don't need much character development for Shocker or Vulture for example. In fact, I think it's important that the S6 film gets to introduce some brand new villains to make things feel fresh.

If Man in The Shadows, Menken, and Smythe are still around and Ravencroft, essentially, is being used to house Electro... I can't see why Oscorp couldn't just do like "Spectacular Spider-Man" and recruit inmates to be villains or if anything Oscorp could be involved with Otto Octavius' accident. When Otto awakens from a coma, they could say that the accident was caused by Spider-Man.

Menken could secretly be Adrian Tombs too.

Just a thought.

If Man in The Shadows, Menken, and Smythe are still around and Ravencroft, essentially, is being used to house Electro... I can't see why Oscorp couldn't just do like "Spectacular Spider-Man" and recruit inmates to be villains or if anything Oscorp could be involved with Otto Octavius' accident. When Otto awakens from a coma, they could say that the accident was caused by Spider-Man.

Menken could secretly be Adrian Tombs too.

Just a thought.

Interesting theory. I like this. :up:

Although Colm Feore is officially billed as Donald Menken, I COULD see him using that as a cover up for his real identity: Adrian Toomes. The resemblance is too great if you ask me, and I think it would be a wasted opportunity if they didn't let him play Vulture.

Perhaps for the S6 film, they could do something similar to the 90s cartoon: Kingpin has an enemy he can't defeat on his own, so he gathers a bunch of petty crooks and gives them superpowers to take care of the problem for him. You could sell it as kind of an offbeat heist movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"