The Amazing Spider-Man "The Amazing Spider-Man" In The Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

iGiFF

Civilian
Reaction score
I decided to make this thread only because the rumor has surfaced a number of times and just when it seems to go away it comes up again. Avi Arad said the other day Spider-Man would not be in The Avengers movies but Arad has a poor track record in what he says. I mean, the guy said this was not a reboot but it is...

Shock Till You Drop apparently put this up the other day, according to someone on IMDb...

Columbia Picture/Sony struck a mutual deal with Marvel Studios to allow the new Spiderman (Peter Parker) to co-exist in the Marvel cinematic universe. The deal was agreed behind closed doors due to the critical hype and success The Avengers predecessor films have made including Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man. The deal is to allow Spiderman to appear in a future Avengers film granted that Columbia Pictures gains a good percentage of the profit and royalties for all spiderman products sold. Upon the agreement was a rumor of Clark Gregg making a cameo in the Spiderman film seeing Andrew Garfield take off his costume in an alley and getting approached and the scene ends. Now it is currently up in the air if Marvel Studios will feature Spiderman in The Avengers 2 or as a brief reference in its films but it is very cool to know they will all coexist with references here and there.

I don't know how to find it on there if it is as at all. Anyway, and what's funny is the new Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon is being developed by Sony and Clark Gregg is playing Agent Coulson in it. Why on earth would they tie him into it?

People have to let this go.ASM is in it's own universe.

As long as they don't cast any of the same actors you could probably think of it as the same universe if you want. Or not. It doesn't really matter.

Fake probably.

If it was true, it would be glorious.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, but very few seem to care or listen, the official Marvel website had pics of The Amazing Spider-Man, with Marvel Studios logos attached to it !!!

WHY WOULD THEY?????????

Ok, I said it for the 8th time now.

NinjaCarm, didn't Steve Kloves (or whatever his name is) say that Marvel was heavily involved with making the movie? I think that may be the reason.

I still think all the legal stuff and technical rivalry will get in the way of the shared universe, but I'd still like it to happen.

Also, the reason I think that source is unreliable is because they didn't hyphenate Spider-Man's name.

Shock Till You Drop apparently put this up the other day, according to someone on IMDb...

Avi Arad has already stated that The Amazing Spider-Man and its sequels will be its own universe aside from the MCU.

But, hey, the cartoon Ultimate Spider-Man will probably be the closest, as of right now, to the MCU as we'll see.

The cartoon is the product of Marvel/Disney. Sony had to cancel TSSM and return the rights to Marvel. Hence, we have Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man/Avenger now instead of Sony's TSSM.

I dont believe Avi Arad neither...but hes right here...there is no connection between the two

My problem, if it's real, is that they have Clark Gregg recruiting him. Should be Fury...or Tony! Yes, Tony! Tony and Spidey have always been "buddies" in the comics. It would have been great to see Tony Stark approach him in the alley and give him a calling card with the Avengers logo on it.

But once again, I call ********.

I want this to be true, but it never will be.

BRB crying in corner

That would be my ideal after credits scene. I'd geekgasm so hard.

My problem, if it's real, is that they have Clark Gregg recruiting him. Should be Fury...or Tony! Yes, Tony! Tony and Spidey have always been "buddies" in the comics. It would have been great to see Tony Stark approach him in the alley and give him a calling card with the Avengers logo on it.

But once again, I call ********.

Tony would make sense too since he's just a consultant right now.

But it's still fake.

^^ This.

Spidey joining the Avenger is something that I wouldn't see happening though. Look at how many years it took for him to actually be part of the Avengers in present day.

Last edited:
Sadly, I think this is fake, too. But it would be really cool if Coulson showed up as the principal of Peter Parker's high school. :awesome:

If marvel studios has the rights of spider-man for TV why not use them to make a live action spider-man set in that marvel universe? Be careful with the budget and you can make a great show

Well if this is true, Spider-Man better be the major new member in the Avengers 2.

Especially since it's coming from someone on their forums. :doh:

All the Marvel movies coexist together to me :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"