The Amazing Spider-Man v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ion Kenshin

Torch Bearer
Reaction score
Seeing as the last on was just closed here is the new one. Let's try to keep it civil folks :D

1st

Civil? Bwahahahahaha!

Btw, Welcome to the Hype. =D j/k

Looks like the mods are on a purge. Where oh where will we argue if not here? Let the fighting continue.....

Dammit! Too slow!

merge away oh mods of infinite wisdom......

I saw. But, really, is there such a thing as too many BND threads?

I just finished typing my response to random havok and posted it it and now its lost cause the threads done. whatever I'm not retyping it. It probably wouldn't have changed anything. I'll say this we all have very specific ideas of what Spider-Man should be no matter what we say we probably won't change the other persons opinion. love it or hate it thats basically the way a lot things are. I'm glad we all care about the character even if we all don't agree on the direction. I can't wait for Sandman to come back in December:)

All different, insightful, and with tons of previously un-discussed material.

oh no I pressed back and my post was still there so we can start that conversation back up like we never had our thread closed.

As for the argument about how the current stories make it easier for younger readers to start because they don't have to worry about the continuity, there's a bunch of problems with that argument:
not really

1) It flies in the face of all the claims that BND doesn't affect the continuity
no it doesn't bury new readers in continuity there's a difference
2) 13 yr olds certainly aren't the main target audience these days
the "main target audience"? actually they are it's not comic companies faults we stick around. sorry face the facts comics are for kids just cause we all stuck around doesn't change that. but don't give Garth Ennis's the Boys to kids. lol

3) Most importantly, retconning stuff pretty clearly makes the character's history MORE convoluted, not less.
I agree and disagree with this. I'm going to use another retcon as an example for a second if you read Grant Morrison's X-Men and know who Xorn is thats convoluted in short I'll explain it for you or anyone who doesn't know. Xorn was a character who joined the X-Men team yada yada yada he was revealed to be Magneto and Wolverine killed him. Then they retconned it and said oh that wasn't Magento it was another guy. It was stupid. But ok we all no OMD was done like s***, but the end result made sense. They changed one very specific aspect of the character. If anything the awful story that was OMD was like killing the character and then giving him a rebirth series right after as BND. the OMD controversy has been compared to a few people on here with Hal Jordan's Parellax and I agree it is very similar. They took a character where no fan could believe they'd actually go and brought them back. And I'm gonna say this right now magic to me doesn't seem like a retcon. Cause one of the argument about OMD/BND is its ongoing well it ongoing well if its ongoing its not really a retcon well sort of. A spell that did one very specific thing was cast. Just wondering do people feel hoHse of M was a retcon or just something that happen. Mutants were erased, a marriage was erased. The only difference is the mind wipe. but they're pretty similar.

The two new ASM threads have been merged for your reading pleasure. :)

The Boys is a fantastic book...but I digress...I will keep it civil, until I call someone a #$@%#$^# #$%$%#$^ and a @#$%@#

The two new ASM threads have been merged for your reading pleasure. :)

Thus putting an end to my fragile attempt at internet immortality (I think I'll go start a fight thread....those things never get deleted...)

Sorry, I just let it merge under the default title, which was the first one. :csad:

The Boys is not my cup of tea, it's not the writing it's just what the characters do, but I understand if others like it. and I may have come off too strong with the comics are for kids thing obviously they all aren't aimed at kids, but yeah most Marvel and DC target audience is teens. thats why most of their comics have a T rating.

Billy Butcher is easily one of the coolest new characters in all of comics

Dammit... if they're purging stuff, I have to make sure my special "shaving" thread will live on...

:csad:

the "main target audience"? actually they are it's not comic companies faults we stick around. sorry face the facts comics are for kids just cause we all stuck around doesn't change that. but don't give Garth Ennis's the Boys to kids. lol

I have to disagree with this. Though I'm sure there's still some stigma to the idea that comics are generally for kids I really don't think either of the big two stick with that ideal anymore, at least not with their main lines.

If they did, things like Marvel Adventures and DC's cartoon-based lines and Tiny Titans and such wouldn't exist.

I'm excited for Deadpool's appearance, which will be the only part of it I read. Joe Kelly + Deadpool = comedy heaven. :up:

As a longtime reader of posts here at SHH I am personally offended that the last 20 days of posts are now gone! Way to go Mod-phistos! And a call for civility? A new beginning? I take that as a SLAP IN THE FACE! I want the OLD messages BACK! I call a boycott on these boards until the old posts are RESTORED! No NEW posts! If you make a new post THEY win!

Look, it's already working! Can you see how low these post counts are? They've lost 180% of their posters! Back when they were discussing the JMS era Spider-Man, posts were in the hundreds of millions! Suck on that, SHH! Maybe when you mods go away and are replaced by mods who remember how AWESOME these boards were back in the 23rd of August '09, then things will get back to normal! I hope they fire all of you!

Just kiddin'. Back to business as usual. :cwink:

The new arc is pretty damn good and a great twist on the cameleon showing him as the true bad ass he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"