The Amazing Spider-Man v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a very good miniseries. With all those Dark Reign miniseries and one shots they were putting out it's tough to get a read on which ones are worth it.

This one is, in my opinion.

You get a very good and in depth origin of Mr. Negative. Great fight sequences between Mr. Negative and The Hood. Some interesting developments with Spidey, you will have to see for yourself. And Betty Brant gets some very good face time in this. Also, a nice moment with Norman Osborn in the closing of the series. Very nice moment.

And Hammerhead's wicked bad ass in this mini. + a bunch of spidey rogues like white rabbit, white dragon, and a few others are in this. By the end of this book it makes you want to read a mini about the Hood's supervillain gang and Mr. Negative's in a gang war. Well another gang war.
Thank you both. I may look for it when I go buy comics this week.

Good to hear the Mr. Negative and Sinister Spider-Man mins are good. If I have any money next, I'll definitely pick them up.

As a longtime reader of posts here at SHH I am personally offended that the last 20 days of posts are now gone! Way to go Mod-phistos! And a call for civility? A new beginning? I take that as a SLAP IN THE FACE! I want the OLD messages BACK! I call a boycott on these boards until the old posts are RESTORED! No NEW posts! If you make a new post THEY win!

Look, it's already working! Can you see how low these post counts are? They've lost 180% of their posters! Back when they were discussing the JMS era Spider-Man, posts were in the hundreds of millions! Suck on that, SHH! Maybe when you mods go away and are replaced by mods who remember how AWESOME these boards were back in the 23rd of August '09, then things will get back to normal! I hope they fire all of you!

Just kiddin'. Back to business as usual. :cwink:

Oh but the posts are still there, they're just...

I got nothin'. See, I can't even make up crap as bad as OMD explanations! They're unique in their own special way.

:p

All the post happened the same way just Peter and MJ weren't married.:)

Look, it's already working! Can you see how low these post counts are? They've lost 180% of their posters! Back when they were discussing the JMS era Spider-Man, posts were in the hundreds of millions! Suck on that, SHH! Maybe when you mods go away and are replaced by mods who remember how AWESOME these boards were back in the 23rd of August '09, then things will get back to normal! I hope they fire all of you!

Boy, guess you're right, Dan!

Since the original thread got locked, this new thread has already fallen to the second page!

Thank you both. I may look for it when I go buy comics this week.
ALso ,the art is great as well in the mini-series. It's just an overall fun book. :cwink:

Originally Posted by Dan_Slott
As a longtime reader of posts here at SHH I am personally offended that the last 20 days of posts are now gone! Way to go Mod-phistos! And a call for civility? A new beginning? I take that as a SLAP IN THE FACE! I want the OLD messages BACK! I call a boycott on these boards until the old posts are RESTORED! No NEW posts! If you make a new post THEY win!

Lol. :woot:

Boy, guess you're right, Dan!

Since the original thread got locked, this new thread has already fallen to the second page!

People just can't relate to this thread anymore. It's not the thread they once knew.

Though I hear people are saying that it's the same thread as before, only there's always been a 'v.2' in the title. Nothing's changed, only that there's a 'v.2' in the title, like it's always been there, though it hasn't, but it has.

Last edited:
Yeh, WHAT has happened to this thread? It is kinda dead lately!

It's not hip and groovy like it was in the olden days!

Maybe we need to make it more "single specific"?

Just read the latest three ASM comics..

And somehow Peter magically climbs out of the acid pit? I guess he he's immune to the stuff? :huh: I dunno. :/

Just read the latest three ASM comics..

And somehow Peter magically climbs out of the acid pit? I guess he he's immune to the stuff? :huh: I dunno. :/

Orrrrrr you're just not paying attention. ;)

Obviously I seen the Webs.. but I also seen the stuff all over him. What am I missing? :O

There's a jackpot mini coming up and even though I hated the character I'm interested for some strange reason. It must be the new costume.
jackpot001_covcol.jpg

I'll take this as a whole new character that could be cool now, cause thats exactly what it is. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

Last edited:
All the post happened the same way just Peter and MJ weren't married.:)

I thought it was they were married, but no one remembers that they were married and Mephisto is going to delete all references to the marriage in the post.

There's a jackpot mini coming up and even though I hated the character I'm interested for some strange reason. It must be the new costume.
jackpot001_covcol.jpg

I'll take this as a whole new character that could be cool now, cause thats exactly what it is. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

All I keep thinking is "Boomerang Toomerang Zoom Zoom Zoomerang" :woot:

The marriage no longer existed but everything happened the same.(don't blame me I'm just repeating what we've been told)

That is actually a pretty sweet costume. Is that actually Boomerang? When did he reform?

It looks like he's grouped with Spider-Man and Jackpot with Norman looming over all 3 on that cover, which implied that he was on Spider-Man and Jackpot's side to me. But I could be wrong.

Oh, it is. He's been gone for a long time. I wonder who it is now. Richard Fisk died, right?

Yeah I assumed it was the Rose due to the rose in his hand even though the rose is gone. I'd assume it's a new person taking on the name. Jackpot's new costume seems very Spidey influenced with the colors. I'm ready to embrace Jackpot as a character just hope the story is there. I'm glad that the whole disco theme is gone and che actually looks like a character and not a stupid idea. hope Guggenheim delivers with this one.

I loved the last rose they had but they always had him failing at the end, he had some style and was pretty funny about things.

"oh so the Black Trantula has his own cult of ninja mystics and I don't? Fine I'll rent them out for a while then I'll have them resurect ummm....zombie doc ock.....yeah that's the ticket" Awesome.

Dan, Dan, Dan, all the posts still happened it's just that all the animosity never actually happened but all the posts still exist and happened the same way as before just there wasn't any swearing or dissention and a few people have been brought back to life, and there's a six month gap between posts which contains events that will explain why there was so much animosity for no reason. And.... we all now have webshooters but don't really know how they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"