The Amazing Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
all twelve minutes I wasted on my Amazing Man****e-Man joke have been wasted.:(

In Biology class our teacher gave us a lesson on why James Bond always was nailing all those "Bond Girls". It mainly has to do with the constant rush of adrenaline and being put into life threatening situations. It actually releases pheromones and, once your body begins to settle down, the natrual thing to do is to do what nature tells you to do...and that's knock boots.

That guy was sleeping with his students. Guaranteed!

Has anyone been reading "Dark Wolverine" starring Daken. he's all about theose pheromones.

Well there is a huge difference in these characters. Depending on the writer She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel don't sleep around, but no matter who writes Stark he's having sex. how am I sexist? You understand the word **** as a label for a man means nothing compared to how insulting it is to a woman.

Because you're more than comfortable putting it on the guy, simply by number, over the woman, who behaves the same way.

And I'm -well- aware of the implications between genders on the word. However, I'm not going to play soft handed towards the women just because I -am- one.

Just because someone is loose sexually doesn't necessarily make them a **** or a ****e. It has to do more with the situations and reasons behind having the sex.

In Biology class our teacher gave us a lesson on why James Bond always was nailing all those "Bond Girls". It mainly has to do with the constant rush of adrenaline and being put into life threatening situations. It actually releases pheromones and, once your body begins to settle down, the natrual thing to do is to do what nature tells you to do...and that's knock boots.

There are also nymphomaniacs and sexual addicts as well. People who have that addiction to the endorphines that are released during sexual activity. A ****, to me, are the girls who sleep with other girls boyfriends and, basically, homewreckers. Same applies for men in that case.

All joking aside about the "Peter Parker one night stand". I really don't understand why some people are so hung up about the issue of sex. Yes, you want to be safe and not get a sexually transmitted disease. You don't want to get a woman, unwillingly, pregnant. That's obvious. Peter was having sex with The Black Cat, pretty much all the time. In fact, Peter had sex with the Black Cat about two issues, or one issue, BEFORE HE MARRIED MARY JANE! So, this being all I want to say on the subject. I'm glad that Peter Parker is not being portrayed as a prude. The whole idea of Peter Parker is that he's the everyday average guy trying to get a bit of happiness. Once in a while, just like the everyday average guy, he makes some mistakes because of the situations going on around him.

I'm well aware of that. But the does not apply here.

Because you're more than comfortable putting it on the guy, simply by number, over the woman, who behaves the same way.

And I'm -well- aware of the implications between genders on the word. However, I'm not going to play soft handed towards the women just because I -am- one.

Actually I'm well aware of the fictional characters we are talking about. She-Hulk certainly doesn't act the same way Stark does. And I agree with what SpideyInAtree said completely the act of lots of sex doesn't make some a ****. ever been in a high school a girl can sleep with one guy and be labeled a **** for the rest of high school. As a woman you seem to not realize the power of degrading words like "****" which were created to demean women.

Someone had stated that there's only a few complainers on the hype about OMD/BND, but I just jumped into the Survivor thread and there's a big conversation about it and how people are ticked and haven't read the book in forever and how several have dropped Marvel all together, etc. And not a one of those post here.

See, if you don't complain then people think there's no problem. Obviously the problem is still very very present on the hype. I can imagine its the same everywhere. That warms my heart :)

Actually I'm well aware of the fictional characters we are talking about. She-Hulk certainly doesn't act the same way Stark does. And I agree with what SpideyInAtree said completely the act of lots of sex doesn't make some a ****. ever been in a high school a girl can sleep with one guy and be labeled a **** for the rest of high school. As a woman you seem to not realize the power of degrading words like "****" which were created to demean women.

Women are tough too, we can take a little criticism here and there. As a guy, you perhaps don't realize the impact of your words when you relegate us to a "protected" rank.

A **** is a ****. No other way to put it.

Inappropriate applications of the word CAN in fact hurt people, this is true. However, most people graduate high school, and grow up in the real world where most people are a heck of a lot more selective with their title branding, and people stop caring as much.

And again, what Spideyinatree said is true, but doesn't apply here.

And when you're in it for the kicks and pleasure, you're the same. Much as Shulkie and Stark were. Hell, they even had no qualms about sleeping together.

Someone had stated that there's only a few complainers on the hype about OMD/BND, but I just jumped into the Survivor thread and there's a big conversation about it and how people are ticked and haven't read the book in forever and how several have dropped Marvel all together, etc. And not a one of those post here.

See, if you don't complain then people think there's no problem. Obviously the problem is still very very present on the hype. I can imagine its the same everywhere.... and yet, it's still a wonderful move that everyone's been wanting since they were first married.

I agree... but at the same time, a LOT of the complaining is based on "mis-information"...

I met a guy at my LCS the other week, and he was having a stern "ASM sucks NOW!!!" because in his opinion, he felt that they ignored all of JMS' storytelling (yeah, he was a pompous JMS sucking ass) with the new direction.

When I pointed out that they had recently on two occasions mentioned the Skin Deep storyline in BND, thereby making it "still in continuity", he just walked away with his chest all puffed out, not wanting to hear it... because it was EASIER FOR HIM TO HATE BND WITH UNTRUE FACTS...

I'm not saying that's the case with everybody, but if those that are the loudest DO NOT READ THE BOOKS, they will misinform the people who might not be aware of what's going on...

:csad:

I agree... but at the same time, a LOT of the complaining is based on "mis-information"...

I met a guy at my LCS the other week, and he was having a stern "ASM sucks NOW!!!" because in his opinion, he felt that they ignored all of JMS' storytelling (yeah, he was a pompous JMS sucking ass) with the new direction.

When I pointed out that they had recently on two occasions mentioned the Skin Deep storyline in BND, thereby making it "still in continuity", he just walked away with his chest all puffed out, not wanting to hear it... because it was EASIER FOR HIM TO HATE BND WITH UNTRUE FACTS...

I'm not saying that's the case with everybody, but if those that are the loudest DO NOT READ THE BOOKS, they will misinform the people who might not be aware of what's going on...

:csad:

I heard ASM comes with Death Panels now.

See, if you don't complain then people think there's no problem. Obviously the problem is still very very present on the hype. I can imagine its the same everywhere. That warms my heart :)

wow when a bunch of other people disliking something cause they take stories too personnel and can't understand that the reboot isn't for you its for the 13 year olds(their target audience) who are starting to read comics now and won't have to be buried by 40 years of continuity warms your heart I feel a little bad for your heart.

In all truth, the people who claim the most right to mischaracterization of a character is Thor fans.

For decades, they had to put up with him in every other book, and in the Avengers being treated as, "THOR SMASH!" while he was actually somewhat competent.

wow when a bunch of other people disliking something cause they take stories too personnel and can't understand that the reboot isn't for you its for the 13 year olds(their target audience) who are starting to read comics now and won't have to be buried by 40 years of continuity warms your heart I feel a little bad for your heart.

I doubt there are many 13 year old reading comics nowadays, and it's definitely not the target age audience

I hate the whole idea of things being rebooted so the younger crowd does not have to worry about continuity. For one that's why they started up things like the Ultimate Universe. Secondly..when I started reading ASM I was 16 years old. I am 25 now. That's the year 2000. There was already years of continuity. Yet it did not stop me from picking up the comic and then backtracking my way through it if there were things I did not know or I was interested in learning more about. If you really want to know do the research. It's not that hard

I hate the whole idea of things being rebooted so the younger crowd does not have to worry about continuity. For one that's why they started up things like the Ultimate Universe. Secondly..when I started reading ASM I was 16 years old. I am 25 now. That's the year 2000. There was already years of continuity. Yet it did not stop me from picking up the comic and then backtracking my way through it if there were things I did not know or I was interested in learning more about. If you really want to know do the research. It's not that hard

Can you imagine how people might've felt about Crisis on Infinite Earths? :huh:

Women are tough too, we can take a little criticism here and there. As a guy, you perhaps don't realize the impact of your words when you relegate us to a "protected" rank.

A **** is a ****. No other way to put it.

Inappropriate applications of the word CAN in fact hurt people, this is true. However, most people graduate high school, and grow up in the real world where most people are a heck of a lot more selective with their title branding, and people stop caring as much.

And again, what Spideyinatree said is true, but doesn't apply here.

And when you're in it for the kicks and pleasure, you're the same. Much as Shulkie and Stark were. Hell, they even had no qualms about sleeping together.

I don't put women in a protected rank I just think a-holes (male or female) use terms like ****, same with the N word(but thats a whole different argument).

Also She-Hulk had no problem sleeping with Stark till he slept with her while secretly using her to create anti-hulk weapons and when she confronted him about it he used one on her to depower her. She was only even in that position by force cause Stark personally drafted her into SHIELD. She wouldn't have stuck around, but Stark asked her to do it as a personal favor(after drafting her and telling her she has to do it) and she thought they were starting a real relationship, but in actuality Stark was using her.

Can you imagine how people might've felt about Crisis on Infinite Earths? :huh:
Bigger retcon by far, but not quite as awful an execution. The heroes fought and persevered and won in CoIE; life continued, albeit a bit changed. Peter and MJ gave up in OMD.

I don't put women in a protected rank I just think a-holes (male or female) use terms like ****, same with the N word(but thats a whole different argument).

Also She-Hulk had no problem sleeping with Stark till he slept with her while secretly using her to create anti-hulk weapons and when she confronted him about it he used one on her to depower her. She was only even in that position by force cause Stark personally drafted her into SHIELD. She wouldn't have stuck around, but Stark asked her to do it as a personal favor(after drafting her and telling her she has to do it) and she thought they were starting a real relationship, but in actuality Stark was using her.

I'm pretty sure there were no thoughts about a real relationship there. =/

Also, I'll be sure to use, "abnormally promiscuous human being" in the future, to make it gender neutral, and family friendly.

And you sorta did. To give Stark one rank, but place the women in another, that's gender inequality right there, even though they shared behaviour patterns. As a guy, you may not notice it, but that's exactly what happened there. Be however you feel about people using the word, that's not what your argument was about.

Bigger retcon by far, but not quite as awful an execution. The heroes fought and persevered and won in CoIE; life continued, albeit a bit changed. Peter and MJ gave up in OMD.

Peter persevered and became a man-****e though.

Sorry, DRUNKEN man-****e. :o

Blah blah blah. You would think this forum is filled with completely sober saints who all waited until they got married and only did it to procreate.

Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say that it was a good conversation. Mostly, it was everybody yelling at Jay and I (for my slumlord activities) for being some kind of capitalistic tools. I don't remember what thread it was though.
:confused:

As I recall, it was a rather civil discussion, even if there was some cussing. Capitalism/communism also never quite entered the discussion so much as it was a discussion on the moral values of the profession, along with the economic value of the 'entertainment broker'.

As for the argument about how the current stories make it easier for younger readers to start because they don't have to worry about the continuity, there's a bunch of problems with that argument:

1) It flies in the face of all the claims that BND doesn't affect the continuity

2) 13 yr olds certainly aren't the main target audience these days

3) Most importantly, retconning stuff pretty clearly makes the character's history MORE convoluted, not less.

I doubt there are many 13 year old reading comics nowadays, and it's definitely not the target age audience

actually its very surprising how popular comics have gotten in the last year or so. I was just at the mall the other day and and I saw at least 40 different people age 14-24ish with comic apparel. I was at Barnes and Noble the other day and there were 5 tables throughout the whole store with trades throughout the store in pretty random places mind you along with their comic section. When I picked a trade up to look at it my friend said "always comics with you, do you read regular books?" and I looked at her and went "it's not my fault there everywhere" and she looked and said and she thought I was kidding till I pointed all the sections to her. Also I work at Target and there are a lot of comic shirts there for some reason I can only assume cause of the rising popularity and every time we get new ones in they're all gone with in 2 weeks. If you haven't notice the adds for those silly new era comic hats(some people like em I don't) in a lot of Marvel books lately, go on Lids.com there's over 60 different comic hats. Sure It could just be good fashion, but I'm guessing the people going out of their way to buy shirts and hats with the characters on them may buy a comic or too. And yes I'll admit when I'm at the comic shop it's mainly people much older than me, but also 9 times out of 10 when I'm at my comic shop there are only 2 or 3 other guys there I don't see who's coming in when I'm not there plus teenagers are usually in school when I go. I may be wrong but its just an something I've been noticing recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"