The Ant-Man Box Office Prediction Thread

Too early to predict this right now. It won't be realistically possible to even begin to figure it out until GotG is released and we get a first trailer for this. I'll be willing to say it doesn't make less than $400m.

I agree. The earliest we could even hazard a guess is after GotG comes out, since that will be the first post-Avengers film that isn't a sequel.

Too early to predict this right now. It won't be realistically possible to even begin to figure it out until GotG is released and we get a first trailer for this. I'll be willing to say it doesn't make less than $400m.

I agree. The earliest we could even hazard a guess is after GotG comes out, since that will be the first post-Avengers film that isn't a sequel.
That's why it'd be fun to talk about anyway. Kind of like a snapshot in time so we can go back and make fun of ourselves. =)

I am going with 5 million domestic. 10 million OS. 400 million WW.

5 million if Lang's in the movie. 4 million if it's just Pym.

Right now

Domestic= $50 to $80 million
Worldwide= $150 to $200 million

Don't forget how excited people got just from that test-footage alone.

120 - 140 m domestic
250 - 300 m foreign

370 - 440 m WW

People will be surprised. Marvel studios has established themselves as THE name in comic book movie entertainment, much like Pixar has established themselves as the name in computer animation. I think 150 domestic is about the worst this could do, and with a good cast and script, it could do even better. And if Marvel puts in a post credit scene in Avengers 2, that will mean even more attention.

500 WW
100-150 DM

40-50 m Opening Weekend DM

And it's the first page of the thread, so please check back in 2015 to see how right I am.

Like other users have said, the people low balling this film will be kicking them selves. Marvel has almost established themselves as the GO TO sci-fi/adventure company, while the mouse pulls the strings secretly under the white castle.

I think Thor numbers. 400-500mil worldwide

And I'm basing this off of it's release date 5 months after Avengers 2 leaves theaters. And off of Edgar Wright's insurmountable talent.

But i do agree its to early to tell. Without knowing who is cast, or where the plot falls in the scheme of phase 3, or how well phase 2 will do over all.

With Iron Man 3 doubling the second installment's box office totals, there is clearly an enormous benefit to being the first Marvel Studios release after an Avengers film. I would be surprised if the post credit tag didn't feature Hank Pym /Scott Lang, which would further brand Wright's film as an Avengers sequel. I agree with many of the other posters that the film will likely land in the $400-$500 million range.

I will shocked if this movie makes more money than Wolverine

I don't understand how people can be shocked at Marvel Studios overachieving anymore.

I don't understand how people can be shocked at Marvel Studios overachieving anymore.

IMO, a lot of it is "wishful" thinking, from people who for whatever reason don't want the MCU to succeed. Some of it from DC fanboys, some of it from people who just hate the MCU for whatever reason ( like Alexei of old ).

IMO, a lot of it is "wishful" thinking, from people who for whatever reason don't want the MCU to succeed. Some of it from DC fanboys, some of it from people who just hate the MCU for whatever reason ( like Alexei of old ).

Damn it! Why did you have to remind us of that guy?! :cmad:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 500 million. Can't see it doing much more then that. BTW I can't wait for it! Need casting news now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"