The Art of Civility Revisited

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
The Capt. has spoken!

... as if it matters. :o

And in a thread about "Civility" . How ironic.

How I forgot not to invoke the wrath of Aramis in the 3 Muskateers of SHH wannabee mods.

:rolleyes:

hunter rider said:
I wonder whether it's my age that made Routh a hard sell for me,last time we had a superman i was a kid so he was a man to me,it's odd having supes and Lois younger than i am

hmm... now that you've pointed that out.....

..... nah, there's just something about them two that doesnt quite make them the obvious choice for their roles. its the elusive "presence" dude. Superman and Lois Lane is more than the costume and the steel glance. unfortunately with these pair unless we see them in action we dont get that "presence". its not just you or i, lots of people i know in RL have seen the posters, tv spots and trailers and they're still not sold on teh current Supes :(. but they'll watch the movie because hey-- its Superman. :supes:

And to you so called "GAM :rolleyes: members".........

You want civility but all many of you have done with your suck ups and quest for internet chumminess, is to create divides and lack of civility most of the time.

Also, may I point out that "gangs" such as this "GAM" idiocy are forbidden on these boards with a reminder a couple of days ago from an Admin / Mod (below)...

Dew K. Mosi

Re: Recruitment for the GLA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, I guess you all don't remember that I banned all gangs from these boards...
Shadaloo knows better than to have gang threads. Perhaps you should learn by their example.

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9030347&postcount=200

So before people aask for civility and this is by no means any dig at Showtime because I think he is quite a neutral sort of chap, people like MEHZEB need to knock off the snide crap and then maybe we'll all get along better anyway.

^^^^^^Ive spoken to Dew,she has no issue with GAM and it's not like anyone is doing anything to hurt the board,i swear Villa for an older guy who was a cop you fly off the handle quicker than anyone around here

hunter rider said:
^^^^^^Ive spoken to Dew,she has no issue with GAM and it's not like anyone is doing anything to hurt the board,i swear Villa for an older guy who was a cop you fly off the handle quicker than anyone around here

Get her to post here then if she so endorses it. As far as I see, she banned gangs.

There has been many a thread with people kissing ass to literally join up for this nonsense. It has also ruined many a good thread.

Captain Villa said:
Get her to post here then if she so endorses it. As far as I see, she banned gangs.

There has been many a thread with people kissing ass to literally join up for this nonsense. It has also ruined many a good thread.

Ive spoken to her in PM's and posted with her and Drak in many threads so im not hiding my sig from her but if you want to report it to her go right ahead,three letters and a bit of fun is all it is

Please show me a thread where anyone is stupid enough to kiss anyones ass to join a net group that's only benefit is putting three letters in your sig

We also have GSAC and DOSV if you want to wipe them all out but what about you and your flying off at ppl like you just did at Mehzeb ? i mean a guy your age and intelligence couldn't see that as just a joke ? you are always serious as a heart attack for some reason

nosebleed said:
there's gangs on shh? how very depressing.

I don't see how that word has come to be used:confused: I argue with all the members of GAM and don't defend them when they are debating so not much of a gang

Indeed, a man of my intelligence knows damn well what a comment that contains a mad smiley, is meant for, in context. Or is it some kind of Indian joke that got lost into English ? I dont think so.

You see thats the crap with this GAM stupidity - you back each other up, when your failing on your arse with no good reason of winning that argument.

Captain Villa said:
Indeed, a man of my intelligence knows damn well what a comment that contains a mad smiley, is meant for, in context. Or is it some kind of Indian joke that got lost into English ? I dont think so.

You see thats the crap with this GAM stupidity - you back each other up, when your failing on your arse with no good reason of winning that argument.

That's not the mad smiley,it's the embarrasment smiley
you are blowing all this way out of proportion and i don't back anyone cos they have 3 letters in their sig,i just thought you yet again flew off the handle over a harmless joke like you did that night when the guy said your thread title was misleading

In your opinion. Smiley or not, I can read and it it is certainly no joke but a personal attack.

Captain Villa said:

Dude, this is the mad smiley: :mad:
This is the pompous, smartass smiley: :o

There's a difference. And this may be written down as another one our so called encounters. I'd term this experience as an educational one. I'm learning quite a bit about you. Your problems with certain posters here. The way you label us as "wannabe mods" and the way you attack us for living a little and having a little fun. Well. It's been educational. Most certainly.

Captain Villa said:
In your opinion. Smiley or not, I can read and it it is certainly no joke but a personal attack.

If I wanted to attack you, I would have directly. No need for any side-talk. I'd say it straight up. That's one thing you could be sure of.

Captain Villa said:

an attack ? a bit sensitive perhaps ? and what about your attacks ?

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
Dude, this is the mad smiley: :mad:
This is the pompous, smartass smiley: :o

There's a difference. And this may be written down as another one our so called encounters. I'd term this experience as an educational one. I'm learning quite a bit about you. Your problems with certain posters here. The way you label us as "wannabe mods" and the way you attack us for living a little and having a little fun. Well. It's been educational. Most certainly.

Yes, your sub-concious speaks for you there.

May I remind you that you may have disagreed with my initial remark for which you have every right in the world, to defend / oppose as you see fit. But to attack the person because you cannot debate shows simply that you do not have the arsenal to do so.

hunter rider said:
That's not the mad smiley,it's the embarrasment smiley
you are blowing all this way out of proportion and i don't back anyone cos they have 3 letters in their sig,i just thought you yet again flew off the handle over a harmless joke like you did that night when the guy said your thread title was misleading

There's no point arguing with him. He just hates everyone who wants this place to be better. Just because you say something like, "This thread is in the wrong forum" or "This is gonna get closed" in his mind, you are a 'wannabe mod'. Just because you make a thread like this about civility, it automatically becomes inconsequential because a mod did not start it. I think in his mind, the mods are the only real posters in the forum, and the rest of us are just here to read the posts without ever intervening in anything.

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
If I wanted to attack you, I would have directly. No need for any side-talk. I'd say it straight up. That's one thing you could be sure of.

Oh and you did, I read it. Or is your english not up to scratch yet ?

Your english is fine and you damn well know what you said.

Captain Villa said:
Yes, your sub-concious speaks for you there.

May I remind you that you may have disagreed with my initial remark for which you have every right in the world, to defend / oppose as you see fit. But to attack the person because you cannot debate shows simply that you do not have the arsenal to do so.

I don't want to argue with you about anything. We've been down that road before. It's just not worth it. Although sometimes I want to jump in and have a good 1-2 with you, as strictly gentlemen ofcourse, but I wouldnt want to put myself through what many posters have already been through. You'll be surprised how many people have you on ignore in this forum. And as far as arsenal goes... well, I don't like to brag... so let it go.

Captain Villa said:
Oh and you did, I read it. Or is your english not up to scratch yet ?

Your english is fine and you damn well know what you said.

I know what I said. I dont know what you read. See the difference?

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
I don't want to argue with you about anything. We've been down that road before. It's just not worth it. Although sometimes I want to jump in and have a good 1-2 with you, as strictly gentlemen ofcourse, but I wouldnt want to put myself through what many posters have already been through. You'll be surprised how many people have you on ignore in this forum. And as far as arsenal goes... well, I don't like to brag... so let it go.

You cant brag, because you cant, it is evident that you cannot debate without a personal attack.

You have had every chance to retract / apologise / mis-context the initial post but no, you pursue it with more insults because thats all you are capable of.

You even do more of the above again !!

As for you being a "wannabe mod", would you like me to pull up all your campaigning threads and posts ?

This isn't what Showtime started this thread for
Villa if you feel so strongly about a sarcastic jab then report him and be done with it,if you want GAM and what not removed then PM Dew and I'm sure she will sort it one way or another
But if you 2 want to argue why not do it in PM's b/c one harmless joke has turned into a battle and is killing the purpose of his thread

Captain Villa said:
You cant brag, because you cant, it is evident that you cannot debate without a personal attack.

You have had every chance to retract / apologise / mis-context the initial post but no, you pursue it with more insults because thats all you are capable of.

You even do more of the above again !!

As for you being a "wannabe mod", would you like me to pull up all your campaigning threads and posts ?

You want an apology? Okay. I'm sorry, I didn't want to hurt your feelings. I didn't know I warranted such strong emotions. The usage of two exclamation marks. Whoa. You must really be pissed. And as for me being a "wannabe mod"... sure. Go ahead. Pull up my campaigning threads. I'd like my celebrity status to be active again. Thanks for the idea Vill, your a real pal :up:

hunter rider said:
This isn't what Showtime started this thread for
Villa if you feel so strongly about a sarcastic jab then report him and be done with it,if you want GAM and what not removed then PM Dew and I'm sure she will sort it one way or another
But if you 2 want to argue why not do it in PM's b/c one harmless joke has turned into a battle and is killing the purpose of his thread

Yeah well. I'm sorry Hunter. I should've known he'd react this way. He's always been hostile towards certain posters. Forgot I was one of them. Won't happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"