Sequels The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. I remember the Star Wars boards going ballistic When Raimi's Spider- Man spanked SW at the box office lol :word:

Star Wars fans went insane all over the Internet back then, as I recall. Some of them were spamming forums with demands that "true fans" should refuse to see The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings on its opening weekend, or at all, so that AOTC could get the box office crown. When AOTC couldn't beat Fellowship they went through all the stages of grief -- denial, anger, trolling. There is only one other fandom more arrogant about their favorite franchise's presumed dominance or more bitter about its failure to live up to their boasts.

Wow glad I missed that. Its bad enough that those movies were such dreck. To have to listen to "those people" ranting about LOTR wouldve put me off the interwebs entirely.

edit: btw Im assuming by "star wars fans" you meant PT fans.

:awesome:
In an interview with EW for our Entertainers of the Year issue, now on sale, Whedon said a year of overwhelming success has left him feeling extremely grateful, a little tired, and more busy than ever: We met with him just days after he had submitted an outline for the 2015 sequel The Avengers, and as he was in the midst of preparing to shoot the pilot for what could be his next television series: S.H.I.E.L.D, a spy-fi drama tracking the ongoing adventures of the secret agents and superhero wranglers of Marvel’s movie world.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/12/04/joss-whendon-entertainers-of-the-year/

**** yes, that is awesome. I don't wanna get my hopes too high but at the rate they're working at, this movie should have even more layered character-goodness than the first. :awesome:

Nice!

Man, I'd love to get a quick peak at that outline.

The man is one of a kind, and we as Marvel fans are lucky to have him. Kudos to the folks who recognized his talent in the early days (my ex-gf who turned me on to buffy would be one).

I hope we have a story quite tight to the comics for 2015. Also, I'd like to see Whedon do some Avengers titles! He's a brilliant comics writer, his Astonishing X Men run was one of the most gripping X Men stories of the decade!

Astonishing X-Men was great. I can't wait to see what he can do in Avengers 2 with a three-year lead time.

Now that we know that Whedon submitted his outline the wait for details is going to be torturous. If they just tell us who the villain(s) will be, that would be enough for now.

Wow not wasting any time.

Whedon is a better version of David Goyer... they both turn out outlines and first drafts out very fast.

It wouldn't surprise me if Whedon has the first draft completed by first quarter 2013. I fully expect the production to begin casting and pre-production by this time next year.

It will be awesome hearing any little tidbits that come out. I'm sure it will be a while before we get a ton of news, though.

The fact that Whedon is hard at work on the sequel, plus writing and directing the pilot episode of SHIELD, shows he ain't twiddling his thumbs waiting for inspiration or a time crunch to hit him.

I hope Whedon decides to shoot the sequel in 2.40:1 this time. As fun as The Avengers was, it didn't feel right due to the taller frame (which doesn't jive well with the Scope-shot predecessors). I remember Raimi making the jump from flat Spider-Man to Scope with Spider-Man 2... and he's never looked back since.

Whedon is a better version of David Goyer... they both turn out outlines and first drafts out very fast.

It wouldn't surprise me if Whedon has the first draft completed by first quarter 2013. I fully expect the production to begin casting and pre-production by this time next year.

Sounds like the exact opposite of Egdar Wright with his Ant-Man script. Imagine Whedon and Wright trying to work together:

Whedon: Have you finished your part of the script yet? I finished the 2nd draft yesterday and am already working on the 3rd.

Wright: I'll get it done, don't worry. Just as soon as I finish getting up the energy to work on my next pending script, I'll begin work on it... possibly. You should have the first draft in a year or two.

Sounds like the exact opposite of Egdar Wright with his Ant-Man script. Imagine Whedon and Wright trying to work together:

Whedon: Have you finished your part of the script yet? I finished the 2nd draft yesterday and am already working on the 3rd.

Wright: I'll get it done, don't worry. Just as soon as I finish getting up the energy to work on my next pending script, I'll begin work on it... possibly. You should have the first draft in a year or two.
This is tragically true.

As long as you're okay with her wearing clothes. The g-string aint happening. Ever. Not in the MCU anyway.

Wait did you mean Tygra from Thundercats? Cuz that would be suh-weeeeet!! ;)

They need to relpace Black Widow with Tygra.

They need to have the Black Widow and Tigra. Or The Scarlet Witch. Or The Wasp. Or a couple of them at once. Natasha has more than earned her place on the team, but there is plenty of room for other women, more than one even. Let's add, not subtract.

As for Tigra's costume, why not a catsuit? :awesome:

2EC31E6D-F693-4668-BC46-4966EBB22EBF-5305-00000A974198D780.jpg

Why not go all Mystique on Tigra, and have her butt nekkid? They got away with PG-13 with Mystique having strategically-located scales; they could get away with a "nude" Tigra having fur in all the right places.

I liked her in Avengers Academy. But her fling with Skrull Pym always will freak me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"