The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by Lord, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

March is pretty lucrative now. The first film opened when kids were still in school (May 4th), and it still broke the opening weekend record.

But I think Marvel will be content to let Whedon make the best film he can, without getting pummeled by the compact post-production schedule.

2. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Not really. March is like June, August, etc. A month where a bunch of studios schedule their second tier blockbusters and hope for a breakout.

The big boy dates are the first weekend of May, memorial day, 4th of July, 3rd weekend of July, Thanksgiving, week before Christmas. You aren't gonna see a studio move a movie out of one of those dates unless they don't have faith it'll perform

Avengers had a 200M OW precisely because the kids were still in school. May = bigger weekends, smaller weekdays

3. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

That quote, and the one about using a scalpel to cause pain, and the older quote about this installment being more personal, makes it sound like the villain gets inside their brains and goes all psychological and ****.

4. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

That's kind of a rehash of Loki though. I figure he means that personally they all start to kind of just mistrust or take issue with each other as teams do anyway. If it may be on a smaller scale I suspect we may still get the MoE.

5. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

I dunno, team in-fighting gets tedious and boring. I'm hoping it means something other than that.

6. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I think he might explore the team dynamics and relationships more in the sequel. I don't think it will just be more arguing even though that is pretty much what happened alot in the old Avengers comics.

7. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

By "go deeper" he means there will be approximately 200 subtle hints at Spider-Man peppered in because rival movie studios totes love cooperating with each other with no real financial incentive

8. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Well, he specifically said "cause pain," whereas Loki's M.O. was just to sow discord. I think Joss is talking about the villain creating personal emotional pain for each Avenger this time, like kidnapping or killing people they care personally about, or digging up old ghosts from their past. I think we're going to see a lot of that in *all* the Phase II films, anyway; maybe it's just more pronounced in Avengers 2.

9. OB12

OB12 Well-Known Member

I really have a feeling that Phase 2 is going to be really spectacular. I love the Phase 1 movies, but the thing that is cool to me is that Marvel really seems to be working as a cohesive unit. They have Gunn/Russos/Black/Wright all collaborating on some level with Whedon. That is some pretty great talent and I think it is going to show in the finished products.

10. Guerrilla

Guerrilla Well-Known Member

Yeah I totally agree. They'll all be separate but (hopefully) masterfully tied together. Just think...the TV show could/should keep those ties going and be the perfect bridge in the movie gaps. Subtly ofcourse. With a great opportunity to intro some lesser known characters or ones that will (probably) never get a solo film. Marvel is killing it!:BA

11. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

It will be interesting to see if they incoperate the TV show with the films.

12. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

Filming starting this year would be a dream come true.

13. TX85

TX85 Well-Known Member

Fully agree!

14. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

I'd be all for the Masters of Evil, as long as they set it up with the Phase III movies. Introduce Baron Zemo in Captain America 3 and Enchantress and Executioner in Thor 3, and you already have the core for an epic supervillain teamup, so by the time we reach Avengers 3, we'll have enough villains for the Masters of Evil.

15. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

who do you think will be the cap villain in the second movie then?

16. matrix_ghost

matrix_ghost movie fan

That's what she said :awesome:

17. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

Frank Grillo has landed the role of the villainous Crossbones in Marvel and Disney's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."

A key villain in Captain America's rogues gallery, character debuted in 1989 as Brock Rumlow, a leader of the Savage Crims gang in New York's lower East Side before joining a school for criminals and later becoming a henchman of the Red Skull under the code name Crossbones.

Grillo tweeted last week that he had tested for a role in the "Captain America" sequel, and hinted of the character with the hashtag "bones." Thesp most recently appeared in "End of Watch," "The Grey" and "Warrior," and will next have supporting roles in "Gangster Squad" and "Zero Dark Thirty."

Chris Evans returns as the star-spangled hero in "Captain America: Winter Soldier," along with Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes (who becomes assassin the Winter Soldier), Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders and Scarlett Johansson. Anthony Mackie will play Cap ally The Falcon.

Anthony Russo and Joe Russo are helming the actioner from a script by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. Pic is dated for an April 4, 2014 release.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118061391

18. jaqua99

I know about Crossbones. lol I'm talking about the villain pulling the strings. Considering there was another villainous role being auditioned for. Majority of people assume it to be Zemo. These phase 2 movies seem packed

19. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

"Pulling the strings" doesn't necessarily mean on-screen presence.

20. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

I really think that Baron Zemo will be in the movie somewhere. I'll be disappointed if he isn't.

21. TheHeatKitchen

TheHeatKitchen Well-Known Member

Ditto. He better be in the plot somewhere. Even if he doesn't physically show up until the end, they need to acknowledge who's designing all of this nonsense with the Winter Soldier and Crossbones.

22. jaqua99

I expect him to actually be a somewhat main character. Atleast by the second half of the movie. i'd love to find out that he and cap met before

23. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

It's also rumored that Crossbones will be in more than one movie.

Abomination is still in custody, have him and Swordsman start out as henchmen for the Masters of Evil.

Villains:
    Baron Zemo (leader)
    Abomination
    Crossbones
    Enchantress
    Executioner
    Swordsman

My villains are a work in progress, but the lineup is pretty solid.

24. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

That would be awesome!

25. WildcatNC

WildcatNC I'm on a BOAT ***** !

I still say Ultron would be best for this. He could be uploaded with the complete files for all the heroes. Knows every strength and weakness and the genius to manipulate them properly. A Scalpel.

Ant Man will have already been made if they want to stick to the comics more rather than have Stark build him. It also makes since that there are some major breakthroughs going on as we experiment and reverse engineer the captured alien tech.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.