The Avengers: News and Speculation

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Arkady Rossovich, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighFivingMF Welp.

The closest thing I could find to an arch-nemesis in my search was The Advisor.

2. dpm07 Hiking Hero

I completely agree with you! My greatest fear though, is that they will make Thor job to The Hulk in an effort to show The Hulk's strength, when in actuality, Thor can hang with him himself. I've just got that dreadful vision of The Ultimates and Hulk vs. Thor animated features in my head, and want to see Thor given the respect he deserves.

3. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

If Hulk ends up being the only physical villain in Avengers :-)csad:), then they will have to make it obvious that Hulk could take this move version of Thor by himself. Otherwise there's not going to be a whole lot of suspense when Cap, Iron Man & co add their weight to Thor's team.

4. roach I am the night

kinda have to agree with this yet there was nothing I saw in the Thor trailer that clue'd me into him having great strength...power yes...strength no

5. Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

I don't have a proper feel for this film yet to say; but I hope that Thor does hold his own...eventually, he should lose. Should show the need to enlist the help of the team.

6. roach I am the night

I just need to see Thor being super strong and fly

7. Joined:
    May 28, 2005
    Something like what was seen in "Hulk vs. Thor." Or, if all the members are around, something close to "Ultimate Avengers" that fight was great, and a live action version would be pure eye candy.

Definitely want to see Hulk try to pick up Mjolnir.

8. Rock Sexton Registered

To add to that he also noted that there'll be friction among the team because you have all these big egos in one space.

Sounds to me like Joss is really going to play on that story arc. I think that's a great thing because it would be far to easy to just trot them out there and they seamlessly come together to take down a big threat. One of the real "threats" is that if they don't overcome their differences, even they will be defeated.

#6433 Rock Sexton, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  9. The Guard Registered

That sounds every bit as cool as The Calculator.

Maybe he can fight Fin Fang Foom or something.

10. SuperSAINT Where's Chewy gone?

Whilst the plot was somewhat up in the air... Thor vs Hulk was ALWAYS going to happen in my book :)

11. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

I just got finished reading Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run (I know, I'm late to the party). Doing so has made me pretty **** excited to see the Avengers. He handled a big storyline really well and even managed to make me care about characters I couldn't have given two doo-doos for previously (like Cyclops). Really well done.

12. BigThor God of Thunder

Trust me, The Ultimate Avengers version of Thor vs Hulk was MUCHHHHHHH better than the Hulk Vs. Thor animated movie.

Atleast Thor was winning for most of the fight in the Ultimate Avengers movie, where as in Hulk Vs. he was Hulk's punching bag. He even almost died after Hulk BEAT HIM DOWN for 95% of the fight.

I wish I could email the writers of that movie and say "ARE YOU F***ING SERIOUS"!!!

13. BigThor God of Thunder

As long as Hulk and Thor are on the same playing field, then yes that would be very fantastic.

These are the two different ways I expect to see the fight played out.

1. Hulk and Thor fight evenly for most of the fight then Hulk gets the upperhand and the rest of the Avengers come to help out.

2. The Avengers are getting beaten by Hulk, then Thor comes and defeats Hulk after they've worn Hulk down a bit.

But the route that I would LOVE to see would be for Thor steps up to fight Hulk but the fight eventually starts causing to much destruction so the rest of the Avengers would have to try to stop them both.

#6438 BigThor, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  14. Sebastos le professionnel

Awesome. :up:

15. BigThor God of Thunder

If done right it can be ;)

16. WildcatNC I'm on a BOAT ***** !

He didn't really say it was in the movie but I think its a safe bet.

17. BigThor God of Thunder

Yeah he didn't really say he saw it in the script, but if it's done right (not making Thor come off as weak) I would love to see it ;)

18. Bren Forevernoob

That's my hope as well.

19. Aesop Rocks Now I'm Free.

Come on, I hate all these "their egos are conflicting and it'll be exciting to see them in a room together" talks in regards to The Avengers. The only egotistical one would most likely be Iron Man. Captain America is too mature to give a **** about his superhero status, Thor is literally a God, and The Hulk is MiZzUnderrSt00dd. That's it. That's literally it.

20. Sawyer High King

Hulk's a punk ass *****. :o

21. Aesop Rocks Now I'm Free.

22. Sawyer High King

23. Aesop Rocks Now I'm Free.

The Hulk is a Frakkin' Skinjob.

24. BigThor God of Thunder

Iron Man & Cap could have tension over who should be the leader, while Thor & Hulk could have tensions over who's the strongest.

25. BigThor God of Thunder

Yeah I'm getting tired of the old "We all have to fight Hulk together since none of us are as powerful as him" routine (since in actuality Thor himself is on Hulk's level).

They used that same premise at the end of the Ultimate Avengers movie, as well as episode 8 of Avengers EMH - "Some Assembly Required". (Though neither was as bad as Hulk Vs.)

I think it would be much more epic if Thor get's so wrapped up in his fight with Hulk that he doesn't notice how much damage they're causing. Then it would be up to the rest of the Avengers to stop them from causing more destruction.

P.S. - I doubt they will go with an idea like that since Marvel has a track record of toning down Thor against Hulk, but I felt like stating would I think would be cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.