The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Man & Cap could have tension over who should be the leader, while Thor & Hulk could have tensions over who's the strongest.

Given the present situation of Captain America, it would be a bit unreal if Iron Man wasn't the leader. Captain could keep him on the line, but Evans is not a commanding type, and Downey Junior acts IM in pure leader energy.

About Thor vs. Hulk, I agree: Marvel is always toning Thor down. Hulk is massive, but Thor is a god. He would simply wipe the floor with the green giant.

He is no threat for the Avengers as a group. It has worked in the comics but even there the real threat was Loki, who would be beaten by Thor alone if he wasn't such a mischievious and ingenious villain.

Given the present situation of Captain America, it would be a bit unreal if Iron Man wasn't the leader. Captain could keep him on the line, but Evans is not a commanding type, and Downey Junior acts IM in pure leader energy.
You've already made your mind up about Captain America, haven't you?

His mind has been made up about Cap since they cast Chris Evans, if not before.

And even if Evans manages eventually to win him around, somehow I doubt he'll come on here and say as much.

Just a hunch.

How could someone be thinking that Stark would be the leader of the team, when up to this point Shield don't even WANT Stark on the team?

I have complete faith in Evans being able to act firstly a subdued man out of time character, and then step up to the plate.

Adding to the personality clashes; why does noone think that Thor himself not challenge for leadership? I mean, he's been leading (under Odin of course) in Asgard for millenia, and we're assuming he won't demand/request/expect the reins now? On a team of mortals?

Besides the team participating in a titanic struggle to save humanity (or whatever), I'm going to the movie FOR the personality clashes I'm hoping there'll be.

I think Fury will be the leader. I dont see anyone else doing that.

Fury is the leader in the same way that Splinter is the leader of the Ninja Turtles.

I just dont see them making Cap leader...."hey we just thawed you out lead this team"
not immediately anyhow

I imagine either Fury will try to lead, or one of the SHIELD agent-Avengers (BW and Hawkeye) will be placed as the leader, only for Cap to step up through the course of the film and establish himself at the end, hopefully in a pants-crappingly awesome ensemble shot wherein he shouts "Avengers Assemble" at the top of his lungs.

Come on, I hate all these "their egos are conflicting and it'll be exciting to see them in a room together" talks in regards to The Avengers. The only egotistical one would most likely be Iron Man. Captain America is too mature to give a **** about his superhero status, Thor is literally a God, and The Hulk is MiZzUnderrSt00dd. That's it. That's literally it.

That's pretty much how the Avengers were in the old days, though. Hulk didn't really like anyone else in his very brief tenure (and quit because he thought they didn't trust him), Thor wasn't used to not being granted deference for being the Odinson, Iron Man threw money at everything. When Hawkeye joined, all he did was ***** about how much he thought he should lead instead of Cap. Come to think of it, so did Quicksilver. And when Hercules joined, he made no attempt to hide the fact that he was enjoying himself while stuck with all the mortals. And so on and so forth.

I imagine either Fury will try to lead, or one of the SHIELD agent-Avengers (BW and Hawkeye) will be placed as the leader, only for Cap to step up through the course of the film and establish himself at the end, hopefully in a pants-crappingly awesome ensemble shot wherein he shouts "Avengers Assemble" at the top of his lungs.

That would be an awesome shot, but I'm wondering if they'll go the Avengers:EMH route and have Cap play second fiddle to Tony, at least for a little while.

I quite like the idea of Cap being appointed leader, and Tony being highly upset and trying to muscle his way in to the group. Could be really funny.

Did you see The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

Sawyer was a wussy

Ever see lost?

They all were wussies

Ever watch a DC movie?

Well .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"