BvS The Barry Allen/Flash Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but that's up to the actor. I'd just like Barry to look... interesting. Both engaging to watch and relateable. Not just Bradley Cooper in a lab coat. Unconventional can very well mean irreplaceable, as is the case with Downey Jr (how many eyebrows did he raise when he was cast?). Eisenberg is by no means my first choice, but now that you mention it, it would be an experiment more interesting than some of the names I'm seeing here. He or anyone who breaks the mold. Someone who makes a kid think "Hey, you don't need to have male model looks to be a hero".
Sure! :)
I would like an unconvential actor. The already mentioned Mazzello, or perhaps David Gallagher (Super 8 etc)

Do you think the director should be unconventional too? What are your suggestions?

Sam Claflin is perfect for the role. He's pretty much the Jamie Alexander (What she was for Wonder Woman) for the Flash Role.

Hence why Marvel will cast him as a recurring minor character in something.

enter balder.

Sure! :)
I would like an unconvential actor. The already mentioned Mazzello, or perhaps David Gallagher (Super 8 etc)

Do you think the director should be unconventional too? What are your suggestions?

I think the director, if they ever do make a Flash movie, will end up being one of those young guys with a background in special effects or music videos, but not much experience in feature films. Frankly, I don't know if Flash is the kind of character who's gonna attract big names like JJ Abrams, or even indie guys like Rian Johnson or Duncan Jones... not because he's lame or anything, but because he requires you to be both knee-deep in traditional superhero fandom AND have a knack for SFX (which more sensible directors who are more story-oriented aren't bound to have). Also, there's not much world-building to do, at least not in the way that applies to Thor or Superman. It's very traditional "urban superhero" stuff, with a very traditional city, a very traditional supporting cast, etc. It's not like it gives you a chance to build a Krypton or an Asgard from the ground up, so I don't know if established directors would find it particularly appealing.

I will say that I liked Real Steel, so if Shawn Levy is given the director's chair again (he had the job back in 2005, didn't he?), I guess I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. But there's also tons of young guys out there who are doing really cool web series or short sci-fi films, so I'd love it if WB gave one of those a chance (not likely). Who would you suggest?

I think the director, if they ever do make a Flash movie, will end up being one of those young guys with a background in special effects or music videos, but not much experience in feature films. Frankly, I don't know if Flash is the kind of character who's gonna attract big names like JJ Abrams, or even indie guys like Rian Johnson or Duncan Jones... not because he's lame or anything, but because he requires you to be both knee-deep in traditional superhero fandom AND have a knack for SFX (which more sensible directors who are more story-oriented aren't bound to have). Also, there's not much world-building to do, at least not in the way that applies to Thor or Superman. It's very traditional "urban superhero" stuff, with a very traditional city, a very traditional supporting cast, etc. It's not like it gives you a chance to build a Krypton or an Asgard from the ground up, so I don't know if established directors would find it particularly appealing.

I will say that I liked Real Steel, so if Shawn Levy is given the director's chair again (he had the job back in 2005, didn't he?), I guess I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. But there's also tons of young guys out there who are doing really cool web series or short sci-fi films, so I'd love it if WB gave one of those a chance (not likely). Who would you suggest?
Thanks for your interesting reply :)

My own no 1 favorite is Baz Lurhmann. Other suggestions are Robert Zemeckis, Luc Besson, Ridley Scott. These names aren't likely, but it's fun to dream, isn't it?

Just thought of two who I'd also like who aren't beyond the realm of possibility: Justin Lin and Robert Rodriguez.

kevin- what'd you think of gustin? I wasn't impressed

I wasn't disappointed either, i just wasn't particularly blown away.

I thought he did okay with what he had to work with. I was slightly in contempt of him at first because of the pics due to the Andrew Garfield-ness vibe I got off him, but I generally liked him for the most part in the episode after seeing him in live action. Much more likable than Garfiled (not a *****e or punk). Not the best choice, IMO, but serviceable.

I will take him over mexican Flash any day, to say the least. I'll give him a chance.

Q9NdAiq.jpg

I wouldn't mind James Franco playing Barry

James Franco...eh, could be interesting. He was originally cast as Peter Parker before Toby Maguire was.

Paul Walker would have been interesting (RIP)...had the look, could probably have pulled it off.

Last edited:
I still feel like the Flash shouldn't be introduced with his powers in this film and that he should just come in as Barry Allen for the crime scene investigation.

I prefer them all to be established and experienced with their abilities.

I thought he did okay with what he had to work with. I was slightly in contempt of him at first because of the pics due to the Andrew Garfield-ness vibe I got off him, but I generally liked him for the most part in the episode after seeing him in live action. Much more likable than Garfiled (not a *****e or punk). Not the best choice, IMO, but serviceable.

I will take him over mexican Flash any day, to say the least. I'll give him a chance.

James Franco...eh, could be interesting. He was originally cast as Peter Parker before Toby Maguire was.

Paul Walker would have been interesting (RIP)...had the look, could probably have pulled it off.

Are you sure about that? I thought he auditioned for Peter but they decided he'd be a better fit for Harry.

Just thought of two who I'd also like who aren't beyond the realm of possibility: Justin Lin and Robert Rodriguez.
Rodriguez? Well, maybe :)

But not to forget, he's "Tarantino light".

Rodriguez: the guy that can do everything [BLACKOUT]poorly[/BLACKOUT].

I'm going to be dissapointed if they don't bring in Gustin now, Arrow impressed the hell out of me with its last episode.

I'm going to be dissapointed if they don't bring in Gustin now, Arrow impressed the hell out of me with its last episode.

This. I was against it for a while. But I take back what I said. Amell and Gustin are plenty good enough for film versions of those characters. That last episode seriously blew my mind.. damn. 10/10

Everyone that didn't see this episode, watch it now!!!

Here's his origin

[YT]TefYQRzCzQo#t=13[/YT]

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/arrow/three-ghosts/?play=58471012-1249-45f1-9a62-c6d80e3add18

Also, you can watch the episode free and legal right there^ I watch every episode on their website

This. I was against it for a while. But I take back what I said. Amell and Gustin are plenty good enough for film versions of those characters. That last episode seriously blew my mind.. damn. 10/10

Here's his origin

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/arrow/three-ghosts/?play=58471012-1249-45f1-9a62-c6d80e3add18

Also, you can watch the episode free and legal right there^ I watch every episode on their website

Yes, so much this. Really need to connect them to the DCCU.

Everyone needs to see that episode before making their minds up if the Arrow universe should be connected.

Robert Rodriguez isn't for hire…he does his own films. Justin Lin has a lot on his plate and will be directing the next Bourne movie.

Everyone needs to see that episode before making their minds up if the Arrow universe should be connected.

I would like for the universes to be the same but everything I have seen from the producers suggest that no they won't link up.

I wish more people could contribute to this conversation, I'm so pumped after the last episode of Arrow. Gustin was so awesome.

I'm hoping they can be connected, nothing in either universe is preventing the two universes from being connected.

I think it's easier for the show to be able to do whatever they want without wondering what Goyer and Snyder are gonna do.

I gotta admit, it's going to be weird seeing two different versions of the Flash going around if they decide not to connect the TV series with the films.

Now while others may bring up the example featuring "Smallville" and "Superman Returns", well one could argue back and say that it was a different case.

Smallville a show telling about the life of Clark Kent before his days as Superman while Superman Returns was about his days as the costumed hero, thus you really didn't have any real conflict between the two entities.

If they do a Flash TV Series, they'll have him suit up in a Flash, pun intended, thus we'll literally have two costumed flashes going about.

If they do decide that MOS and the DCU is within the same world as Arrow, then it'll most likely be established that MOS took place after the events of Season 2 for Arrow since the existence of Aliens aren't even known yet.

Two universes is fine.

We're getting two Quicksilvers anyways.

Pretend its in the dc multiverse if you really want. (The dc wiki does)

Two universes is fine.

We're getting two Quicksilvers anyways.

Pretend its in the dc multiverse if you really want. (The dc wiki does)

Quicksilver is said to just be in one scene really for DOFP and I doubt people will be able to tell that he's the same character as the one presented in A2 since Quicksilver is actually a major character in that film.

He's fast enough to be in a movie and a tv show...

Here's his origin

i haven't seen it yet, I've got it dvr'd, but I'm glad you came around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"